• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL – Man City vs Arsenal – 4:00pm – 23/9/12 - SS1

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
200px-Manchester_City.svg.png
Man City vs Arsenal
180px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png

------------------------------------------------------ Etihad Stadium
--------------------------------------------Sunday 23rd September 2012
-----------------------------------------------------Kick off – 4:00pm
-------------------------------------
sky_sports_1.png

My Preferred Lineup:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Szczesny
- Jenkinson - Mertesacker - Vermaelen - Gibbs
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - Diaby - - Arteta
- Walcott - - - - - - - - - Cazorla - - - - - - - -Podolski
- - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - Gervinho

Bench: - Mannone, Koscielny, Santos, Coquelin, Ramsey, Chamberlain, Giroud

My Score Prediction

- Man City - 2 - - - Arsenal - 2
- Tevez - - - - - -- - Cazorla
- Yaya - - - - - - --- Vermaelen

leo_ense

Established Member
Ferrari on a role with these matchday threads, unbeaten in all comps long may it continue. Really want to see Koscielny back in for this one.

KyleHyde

Kos over Mert, Jenkinson has been dependable so far but I do feel that he will have a blunder here. Here's hoping Theo or OX will be a bit more willing to cover up for him on the left.

Also, I'm having second thoughts on Chezney starting over Mannone.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
527833_Arsenal.jpg

The optimist in me says this will be the game Giroud ends his goal drought and goes on to be our star striker.

My Prediction:
Man City 1-2 Arsenal

Giroud & Podolski for us.
Tevez for City.

Herbas

I do not rate Mannone AT ALL, but he has to start instead of Szczesny whose form is simply too unpredictable right now (more likely to cost us goals).

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Very hard test for our team and for our defense i prefer kosh start to stop aguero or tevez, mertesacker will cant stop them cuz they will beat him with their pace.

Mannone/Szczesny

Jenko Kosh Tv5 Gibbs

Diaby Arteta

Gervinho Cazorla Podolski

Giroud.

1-1. giroud to score? maybe? but i think it will be podolski.

Floating

Established Member
Some really big calls to make, and a huge performance needed from the lads:

- Does Wenger play Giroud, Podolski or Gervinho up front?
- Will Szczesny be fit? If so, should Mannone start anyway?
- Should Koscielny come back in, or will he stick with the current back four?

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
---------- Szczesny
Jenks - Mert - Verm - Gibbs
------------ Arteta --------------
Cazorla ------------------ Diaby
OX ------- Gerv ------ Podolski

Giroud

Established Member
Don't mind who starts in nets, Szczesny has been unpredictable while Mannone has been decent enough. Wenger will make the correct decision. Hope we go for a fluid trio up front with Chamberlain, Gervinho and Podolski. Keep Giroud on the bench so we can change things up if needed.

Loken

Massively looking forward to this big test, we've shown our quality today in the Champions League against a tough and technically astute opponent - backed by a really passionate crowd.

Although I'm really relieved we've had a bit of luck in this fixture, we've played on the Tuesday Night while our game is on Sunday Afternoon - so should be plenty rest for many players who must be exhausted after starting every game so far.

Lots of things to consider for this game though, which many have already pointed out;

- Do we play Kosc or keep a system which has worked?
- Does Mannone retain his place after (another) solid performance?
- Should we employ a 4-6-0 with Gervinho as the 'False No.9' or Giroud?

Really hope we put in a performance here, a draw would not be the worst thing.

I'm going with 1-1. Podolski to grab another and continue his great run.

Therapy Inc

Completely agree with the initial preferred lineup. Giroud can't play the big games until he starts scoring. Gervihno is on form and his movement is very good right now. I wish Walcott didn't have to start and I'd be okay with Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Joegunner

DiamondGooner said:
Giroud up front?? against City?? yeahhhhhhh.

Can we stick with a winning team please.

abDogqpac4.jpg

This would be my pick, but every time I look at it I'm drawn to the right side, can't help but feel that if we drop a clanger it'll be from there.

However, there's a real sense of confidence from that sheet, which I haven't had for a while....

Plus, we seem to have grown some cajones in terms of not being bullied around the pitch.

Bossa

Established Member
We should let Gervinho play again instead of Giroud. He would get absolutely battered by Kompany. Giroud obviously needs more time here.

Let Giroud play against Coventry and let him score a few goals.

And I dunno if I want to see Mertesacker against Aguero and Tevez. I'd rather partner Kos with TV then.

blaze_of_glory

Big test, but the pressure will be all on City as they are champions, are at home, and have just lost in grand fashion in Madrid.

We should just go in there and play freely and take the game to them. Should not be afraid of losing this game.

Floating

Established Member
blaze_of_glory said:
Big test, but the pressure will be all on City as they are champions, are at home, and have just lost in grand fashion in Madrid.

We should just go in there and play freely and take the game to them. Should not be afraid of losing this game.

Agreed.

Bossa

Established Member
I'm really afraid of Yaya, that guy is a monster. I think that we can exploit their defence. It looks a bit shakey since the start of the season.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Man city conceded 9 goals from 5 games their defense is not good. we can score 1 goal or 2 against them.

Bossa

Established Member
You just know that they will play very negative against us and try to win 1-0. I heard that Na$ri pulled his hamstrings and I'm glad that he's out.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom