• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL Manchester United vs Arsenal | 29/08/09, 17:15 | SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultradoc

Established Member
Which is more directly causative of the goal? denilson's foul or diaby's indescribable header? too complex a choice?

Anyways, it's no big deal...they both are not up to the mark, at least not in such games. After all these years, maybe they are putting up a few good performances against the lesser teams, but they are defo not champion material. And I believe it will just become more and more obvious as the season gets longer in the business end.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
The detractors of Denilosn & Diaby are being a bit wengerish and are very MYOPIC! Our midfield was better than Utd. and to blame the goal on denilson for giving away a foul on the touchline-it was a soft foul. The dude had a stellar game, yes he gave away the ball a few times but who the hell didn't. Arshavin, apart fromt he goal in the 1st half gave the ball away several times! The midfield in it's present formation will be very competitive.trust me.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
most people are just looking for someone to blame........FFS use the boards for some more pro-active discussion!

DC Gunner

Established Member
Norfbanker said:
DC Gunner said:
of course that was not the case for some of our players especially after we went down 2-1, you could immediately see that all the passing and accuracy gone out of the window. .
Looked to me that we stormed back at them and but for a marginal offside call (interference with play from a player who didn't touch the ball) we'd have levelled it.
We looked far more dangerous before that point [going 2-1 down] than after.

Lancelot

Established Member
redanddread said:
The club made a decision , a HUGE decision to operate under a new player policy whilst moving stadium-what they have achived is enormous!
Not really, mate. What we have actually achieved is neither enormous nor petty, but only half the picture (the stadium). While you believe that we can complete the other half with this young squad, I simply believe that we are yet to be good enough to do so, not when we continue to rely heavily on internal development and a compact squad like this.

redanddread said:
And remember no one is perfect-the job he has is one of the most demanding in club football-who could do it better...maybe one or two, maybe.
And, therefore, no one should be above valid criticism.

ricky1985

Established Member
He has shown a bit of extra composure at the start of this season, but, you're right, he showed none of that in this game.

giuliob

Somebody needs to light a fire under Clichy.....He seems complacent, or maybe a niggling injury.....Has lost a step as well......

awooga83

Established Member
Clichy has been like this for some time, he also still gets into positions but plays awful balls. What is with his chancing at the back did't he learn his lesson sometimes he is thinking what to do in the box when he should just clear it and he is not alone in our team.

GaelForce22

Established Member
mags said:
Somebody needs to light a fire under Clichy.....He seems complacent, or maybe a niggling injury.....Has lost a step as well......
I thought he had been good so far this season but the moment when he tried to dribble past Valencia was ridiculous. Probably the dumbest piece of defending we'll see this year and he's so lucky that they didn't score from that.

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member
Webdesignlab said:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/arsenal/6114767/Alan-Hansen-Arsenal-need-someone-like-Darren-Fletcher-in-their-team.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Alan Hansen: Arsenal need someone like Darren Fletcher in their team"

Good lord ... imagine? ... eek.

*Yawn* It doesn't matter how we lose or why we lose, it'll always be because of a lack of British grit in the middle of the park according to this *****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom