• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Newcastle v Arsenal 29/08/15 12.45pm (BT Sport)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
afc_v_NUFC.jpg

Not long to wait for our next game now boys. The dreaded early kick off on BT Sport. Hopefully it's kind to us this time. Massive response needed from Monday nights performance. Want to see some clinical finishing from us and better defensive shape from start to finish.

St James' Park is never an easy place to go and they're on the back of a decent result at Old Trafford. City have Watford at home this weekend so we cannot afford to slip any further behind. I fancy us more away from home atm anyway.

Team
Cech
Bellerin Mertesacker Gabriel Monreal
Ramsey Coquelin
Ox Özil Alexis

Giroud
This is the team i'd like to see. Even though Giroud is in poor form he has a habit of scoring against Newcastle. I wouldn't be against seeing Ramsey wide with Theo up top though. If Kos is still injured think that's the CB pairing we will see.
Last game before the transfer window shuts too. Think dropped points here would send Wenger into full panic mode in time for DD.
2-1 to the Arsenal. Ramsey and Ox.
COYG

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Lets just win this game before we go to boring international break can we guys?

Cech
Bellerin Kosh Per Monreal
Coq
Ramsey Özil Cazorla Alexis
Giroud

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We'll win this, big pitch and I think Theo will start along with Ox.

Cech
Ramsey Coquelin
Ox Özil Alexis
Walcott
Don't like Walcott up top at all, but Giroud doesn't deserve a place in the team after his pathetic show against Liverpool. Don't see Wenger rushing Koscielny back if he's got a back injury, ha.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Ox/Theo and Sanchez out wide please Mr Wenger. We've a brilliant record at St. James' park and I expect it to continue. Giroud was woeful against Liverpool but his record against Newcastle is outstanding, I'd start him just because.

Come on the Arsenal!

nicky47

Established Member
Would really like to see one of Ox or Walcott used out wide for this one, and Ramsey moved back into the middle. But in all honesty, I just want the 3 points! We've had a poor start and to drop points (again) here would be the final nail in the coffin so to speak... With the international break afterwards, it would be very nice to have that break on the back of a nice win. Please, please, please get it done Gunners!

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I love watching us on TV but it's becoming a nuisance now that we haven't had a 3 o clock Saturday game yet. We are always before or after other teams have played. Can't think that helps things.

Just need a win. Worryingly though if we win it means we have scored which leads to thoughts on our inability to score at home. But let's leave that for a other Day

GDeep™

League is very weak
Think we're going to spank them, I'm thinking one of those 3-0 sexy football type games from us.

Giroud to score one of his 'one touch' goals, Özil to pick out Theo with heavenly virgin angel type pass.

Sanchez to smash one in from 25 yards.

I'll quote this after the game.

pikey2000

I think we will win this one comfortably as well.

Personally I would like a statement from Wenger in terms of his willingness to try something different with the squad if he really can't sign anyone in this window

Would like to see a choice made between Ramsey/Cazorla next to Coquelin and some pace wide right in the form of either Ox or Theo from the start.

Would have liked to see something totally different in the form of a new formation but I realise that is complete dreamland stuff and Wenger rarely makes wholesale changes, just getting a bit bored with the same old same old

Maxim

Team
Cech
Ramsey Coquelin
Ox Özil Alexis

Giroud
Yes, Please. I want Ramsey Coq, I mean I want Ramsey and Coq in midfield.

These are all of the games Ramsey and Coq have played together as the midfield partnership:

West Ham H - 4 - 1
Lyon H (Pre-season) - 6 - 0
Chelsea (C. Shield) - 1 - 0
West Ham H - 0 - 2 Only for the first half where little went wrong really, just conceded from a stupid freekick.

Not buying this Ramsey - Coq can't play together theory.

Lemon Shark

Appears only when we draw/lose
Newcastle are not that good, we should win. But we need to change the midfield, I want

Coq
Ox - Cazorla - Ramsey - Sanchez

Drop Özil, he is the problem for me. we will win easily with that midfield

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Newcastle were awful first half against United and Depay got all sorts of joy. Colback has zero football IQ and is a walking yellow card, Tiote isn't much better. We need a mix of guile and pace. Mitrovic, Winaldum and Thuavin looked dangerous but we really should be getting 3 points here:

------------------------Cech--------------------------
-Debuchy---Mertesacker--Gabriel----Monreal-
---------------Coquellin---Santi-------------------
--Ox-----------------Özil---------------------------
----------------------Theo-------------Sanchez---

blaze_of_glory

--------------------Cech---------------------
Debuchy---Merte--Gab/Kos----Monreal
---------------Coq-------Santi-------------
-----Ramsey-------Özil-------------Alexis
--------------------Theo-------------------

Giroud and Ox off the bench for Theo and Ramsey after Theo's run their defence for 65 min or so (and hopefully popped a goal or two).

Gervais

Established Member
Cech
Bellerin - Mert -- Gabs - Nacho
Coquelin ---- Ramsey
Walcott ------- Özil ------- Alexis
Giroud​

Balance is key

its going to be another fun lopsided performance that only works for 20 minutes out of the 90 - usually after our first sub.

Sometimes as an arsenal fan you really get to appreciate teams who can hold their formation

--------------------Cech---------------------
--------------Merte-----Kos-----------------------
Bellerin------Coq-------Cazorla--Monreal---
---------------------Özil-Alexis
--------------------Giroud--Ramsey--------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom