• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL - Norwich City v Arsenal 19/11/11 12.45PM SS2

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
So far, given all the circumstances this season, both Theo and Gerv have done pretty well. Theo took his time to get going, same with Gerv, but I think all in all we have two pretty decent wingers right now.

Walcott : 5 goals , 3 assists
Gervinho : 2 goals , 7 assists

That's 8 respectively 9 scorer points after 2 months.
Not too bad considering the shambles this team was in, two months ago.

Our front line is paying as a unit, a direct and dangerous unit.
Depth there remains an issue, which needs to get sorted out in January.

yuvken

Established Member
:lol: Great stuff, USA.
DaG - bring back the far superior Senderos.".. average defender that will definitely not improve under Wenger's guidance. Hilarious."
Hilarious indeed.
So - how bout some WC thread: WC striker, WC CB, (and with Jack returning, and possibly Chez - if he doesn't self distruct first), WC mid and WC GK?
Not yet there, but a legit debate already. Imagine suggesting this 6 weeks ago :lol:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yuvken if you read some of the 2005-2006 there will be quite a few posts saying Diaby better than Fabregas.

Y va marquer

Established Member
Shows just how tricky it can be to predict how talent will develop :)
Most people had really high hopes for Diaby but his career to date has pretty much been ruined by injury.

yuvken

Established Member
OK, but though there's clearly a mental aspect to Diaby's tragic story, it's not nearly as funny (even the contrast of the outcome). Abu's raw talent was (is?) massive - there are some things this boy can do that very few in the world can (and every year one or two of his total of 7 season appearances remind us that). If not for being butchered - who knows what might have been? And cesc's talent was not a la Messi (though granted - one had to be blind not to see he was special).

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
in 05/06 Cesc was dominating games against the likes of Juve and Real. If I remember correctly Diaby only got a few games that season, the difference in talent seemed pretty obvious.

Real shame about Diaby though, after the Chelsea CC final I was sure he was going to be a world class player..

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Wasn't meant to be funny , but it shows how things are u-turn dramatically as far as opinions go or are influenced by the fortunes of the team . That opinion was bandied around because we were losing the physical battle in midfield not because it was obvious that Diaby was a bigger talent than Fab .

ricky1985

Established Member
fabo said:
tumblr_lux7auYbtR1qhaz39o5_250.gif

tumblr_lux7auYbtR1qhaz39o7_250.gif

tumblr_lux7auYbtR1qhaz39o9_250.gif

tumblr_lux65gRJnm1qhaz39o7_250.gif

tumblr_lux7n9iq7s1qhaz39o1_250.gif

Get in!!

Have a spring in my step today, looking forward to the Chelsea/Pool game.
I could watch those all day!

Y va marquer

Established Member
celestis said:
Wasn't meant to be funny , but it shows how things are u-turn dramatically as far as opinions go or are influenced by the fortunes of the team . That opinion was bandied around because we were losing the physical battle in midfield not because it was obvious that Diaby was a bigger talent than Fab .

That's true.
Opinions on players change wildly even from game to game.
It only takes a couple of poor games for some players to be written off and crucified.

yuvken

Established Member
celestis said:
That opinion was bandied around because we were losing the physical battle in midfield not because it was obvious that Diaby was a bigger talent than Fab .
He "looked like Vieira"...

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

yuvken said:
celestis said:
That opinion was bandied around because we were losing the physical battle in midfield not because it was obvious that Diaby was a bigger talent than Fab .
He "looked like Vieira"...

Yes ,nail on the head .

Floating

Established Member
ricky1985 said:

I love that Vermaelen and van Persie are best mates (plenty of hilarious banter on Twitter between them too). Aside from Wilshere, they're the spine of our team, and our two best players. Long may it continue. :)

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Btw, in all of his excellence not many mentioned Vermaelen's pre-assist on the first goal, Xavi would be proud.

Spork

Established Member
Just got a delivery from Arsenal Store. :D so happy with everything!

Arsenal Away top with v Persie 10 on the back.. LOVE IT
Arsenal heritage ball – awesome!
Arsenal golf divot tool and ball markers – sweeeeeeeet
Arsenal slippers – Actually fit me, and are awesome of course

Most importantly.

Arsenal Gunnersaurus golf driver head cover.. SO DAMN COOL. <3 Gunnersaurus.

Spork

Established Member
RUS arsenal said:
Btw, in all of his excellence not many mentioned Vermaelen's pre-assist on the first goal, Xavi would be proud.

Against Norwich? He was only involved in the second goal? Where he tripped over, which I guess makes a bit of sense? :p

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Spork said:
RUS arsenal said:

Against Norwich? He was only involved in the second goal? Where he tripped over, which I guess makes a bit of sense? :p
My bad, I got it confused with a similar play where Ramsey(?) barely missed off a Walcott cross which resembled the one from the first goal. Well, even if it didn't end in a goal, that long ball to Walcott on the play was a thing of beauty.

arsenallegends

Established Member
Floating said:
ricky1985 said:

I love that Vermaelen and van Persie are best mates (plenty of hilarious banter on Twitter between them too). Aside from Wilshere, they're the spine of our team, and our two best players. Long may it continue. :)

Give some more credit! Szcz and Song comprise it too :p

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom