• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL - Portsmouth v Arsenal - Wed 30/12/09 - 19:45 | SS1

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
GaelForce22 said:
Is it worth downloading the game or just watching the goals?

Also, how did Nasri play?

Its always worth downloading Gael :wink:

Nasri did OK i thought. A typical performance really, some nice touches, always available, tried to be a little more direct i felt but without much luck. Took his goal very well.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Ramsey's goal was amazing. Frightening potential that boy. Showed that he has real power now in the way he won that ball and ran into a position to get his shot off.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
I absolutely adore Ramsey's style. He has everything you could want in a midfielder and is the perfect candidate to be our long term solution to the position beside Song and Cesc. He will bring perfect balance to the midfield.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
Has anyone picked up on the fact that Ramsey hit that goal with his weaker foot? Brilliant stuff, he could become our Gerrard.

Anzac

Established Member
Don Pacifico said:
Has anyone picked up on the fact that Ramsey hit that goal with his weaker foot? Brilliant stuff, he could become our Gerrard.

I thought that was Diaby's destiny?
And Rambo plays from deeper than Gerrard who is behind the striker - don't want Rambo in that role tbh.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
lee1001 said:
I love Song. Will be a major player for us for many many years,.

if only wenger was not so stubborn with his belief on song's potential cause majority here and those so called experts had written off the boy. Wenger's stubbornness pays off more often then it backfires.

Let's not forget the year we wasted on bedding him into the side. Nevertheless, Song is a player we've been crying out for since Vieira left and I really wouldn't swap him for any other DM in the world. In combination with Diaby's power and his ever increasing aggression, we now have an incredibly strong core to build the team around.

outlaw_member

Established Member
True Gooner said:
Don Pacifico said:
True Gooner said:
Don't let the goals fool you, our strikers still haven't 'clicked' - the only question is whether Wenger thinks they just need some more games together or whether it's something much deeper than that.

But that's kind of my point. None of them have 'clicked' yet and if you see that as an eventual inevitability then the fact that we're still scoring goals comfortably means there isn't great cause for concern.

Yes but the thing is - what if they can't? What if this is the best they can do? Don't let the goal vs Liverpool fool you, Arshavin hasn't looked anything like a striker over the couple of months.

Go back and look at all the games we've played since RvP's been injured and a) in none of them have we dominated the game in the attacking third b) we've had a touch of good luck or pure brilliance in all of our opening goals

Indeed. The fact that a freekick has broken the deadlock in each of the last three games speaks volumes and I'm afraid that next time we might not have a moment of set piece brilliance/luck to initiate the victory. We seriously need our attack to click into gear because we can't rely on set pieces or our midfielders to continue bailing out our ineffective attackers.

JazzG

Established Member
Good performance all round, except for that conceded goal. Really need to get a run of clean sheets going. Had 2 so would of been nice if we could go like 5 or 6 games without conceding to get more confidence in our back line and GK

Song was monstrous today, dominated the midfield.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The more I see Song the more I get worried about his absence. He's always the first to cover the CBs and wins way more balls than any of our other midfielders. Yes, there's Diaby, Ramsey and Denilson but none of them IMO have a defense first mindset. The whole team will really have to step up. Good game though from almost everybody. Funny how Almunia always has the one punch or move that makes you shake your head.

outlaw_member

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
Ramsey's goal was amazing. Frightening potential that boy. Showed that he has real power now in the way he won that ball and ran into a position to get his shot off.

He has more to his game then Cesc and that's saying something. The number of times he won the ball was remarkable and he possesses the box-to-box style of your archetypal British midfielder, with the ability to pull the strings like the continental counterpart. A truly amazing talent who has proven my reservations regarding him to be wrong, as he seems capable of performing now even though I had felt tentative about his state of readiness. Cesc who? :p

dyeruz

Established Member
Has anyone picked up on the fact that no one went to celebrate with Ramsey bar Eduardo..what the ****s up!

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
dyeruz said:
Has anyone picked up on the fact that no one went to celebrate with Ramsey bar Eduardo..what the f***s up!
Vermaelen came over after a while, along with someone else...can't remember who though.

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom