• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Southampton vs Arsenal | Sat 26th Dec | 19.45

Status
Not open for further replies.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Next up is an away game on our recent bogey ground.
Wenger seems to struggle a bit against Koeman sides, let's hope the team is indeed high on confidence after yesterday's victory, and finally overcomes Southampton away.

Going for a narrow 2-1 win here.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I think it was yourself @redwhiteAustrian or another admin said this game is more important. No point comfortably putting City to the sword if we cannot goto a tricky ground and win. We'll need to see the same traits ie maturity, energy, desire, hunger, conviction and belief.

Leicester are away to Liverpool so it's a chance to hopefully cut that lead. Going into this game we'll know the standings as both City and Leicester are early kick offs.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
They may not be in good form, but they play that game which unsettles us, pretty effectively.

Quick play and high completed pass percentages are the order of the day here. The press will be on.

KAB

Southampton is not in a good run at the moment. However, based on our previous meeting, they put a difficult game for us. Should not take this lightly.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
This is one of those games where we see what we're made of. I was fully expecting us to beat City at home, because of their recent form etc, but I can't see us getting three points here unfortunately. As poor as So'ton have been (who the **** loses at home 0-2 to Spuds?), they always seem to get something from us and Mané will look like Messi again.

If we win here though, it would be a massive statement. Just as big as the City win IMO.

David Smith

Established Member
We have a poor record against Southampton in recent years as Southampton have done very well. They are not to be underestimated. However we have far greater quality. It's time to turn our misfortunes against Southampton around so hopefully we win.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I think it was yourself @redwhiteAustrian or another admin said this game is more important. No point comfortably putting City to the sword if we cannot goto a tricky ground and win. We'll need to see the same traits ie maturity, energy, desire, hunger, conviction and belief.

Leicester are away to Liverpool so it's a chance to hopefully cut that lead. Going into this game we'll know the standings as both City and Leicester are early kick offs.

In the form they're in, I really don't see Pool beating Leicester. We can always hope Klopp get a game plan together that will surprise us all.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
We have a poor record against Southampton in recent years as Southampton have done very well. They are not to be underestimated. However we have far greater quality. It's time to turn our misfortunes against Southampton around so hopefully we win.

In the sick bay.:(

redanddread

Winning this game is as important, if not more, than the City game. You have to back up the 3pts against City with a big performance against Southampton. This is always a tough game or us as we struggle against teams who like to play good football & Wenger struggles against Koeman.

What's a real worry is that we have no wiggle room with the players as our squad is down to bare bones & very few options to freshen up the squad in the attacking areas.

3pts here would be a massive statement but wouldn't be surprised to see us drop points here - but that can't be an option here!

2-1 to the Good guys in a real struggle.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Every match is important once we get to it. We have to win most, and lose none if we possibly can. This is an open title run, we get careless, we get overtaken.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Pretend for a moment that Sanchez and Cazorla were match fit for this, what would be your first 11? Would Ramsey go wide again? Does Walcott move up front? Does Campbell get dropped?

redanddread

Pretend for a moment that Sanchez and Cazorla were match fit for this, what would be your first 11? Would Ramsey go wide again? Does Walcott move up front? Does Campbell get dropped?
This ain't the moment to pretend about **** like that bro! Don't make me cry!!!!!

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

In the form they're in, I really don't see Pool beating Leicester. We can always hope Klopp get a game plan together that will surprise us all.
Suppose it depends on what Liverpool show up.

It's a bonus and a hindrance that we go into our game knowing the other results. Losses to both Leicester and City put massive pressure with massive incentives. Both winning and the same bonuses and pressures apply.

I'm gonna be pissed anyway so I'll probably miss the match due to St Stephens day drunkenness.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

Ramsey would warm a bench and come on for Cazorla at 50 minutes if we haven;t impacted the match.
I would play Campbell and Walcott, and rest Giroud.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

This ain't the moment to pretend about **** like that bro! Don't make me cry!!!!!

Haha I was just thinking about it after the game because picking the first 11 could because quite tricky. Obviously we are due another big injury soon so that will never happen. Our bench would be amazing with a fit squad, dammit Wilshere and Welbeck!

Last edited:

remains

Can't see us winning 3 out of 3 this festive period. Can't really rotate without a severe drop in quality due to the injuries. Hopefully the confidence boost from beating City will drive us to another victory here, although I expect a tough match.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

We always seem to be playing these ****s over there without key players. Getting tiresome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury

Latest posts

Top Bottom