• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Sunderland vs Arsenal | 14/09/13 | 3:00PM

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

---------
250px-Logo_Sunderland.svg.png
Sunderland vs Arsenal
180px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png
--------

Not sure if no one made this because it was too early....(my first thread so forgive me if its crap)

Ches
Sagna Kos Mert Gibbs
Ramsey Jack
Walcott Rosicky Cazorla
Giroud

Think we'll see Özil from the bench for Rosicky

4-0 Arsenal :D
Walcott.. please find your finishing boots theo.
Cazorla
Giroud x2

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Surely Özil will start, the travelling fans will definitely expect it. I dont think he will feature much for Germany this Tue so should be fresh enough.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Özil looked tired yesterday I will put him on the bench, give him few minutes at the end
I think we will win 2-0 with Cazorla scoring both goals

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i hope we don't underrate Sunderland they are good team and could give us troubles in their stadium so lets stay focused defend well score goals and get the 3 points. Vermaelen will be back for this game wenger said he will be back after internationals and when Arteta will be back?

Scecsney

Sagna Kosh Mertesacket Gibbs

Ramsey Wilshere

Walcott Özil Cazorla

Giroud

Bench: Viviano Vermaelen Monreal Flamini Rosicky Sanogo Bendtner?.

Tangy99

Chesney

Sagna Per Kos Gibbs

Ramsey Flamini

Walcott Özil Cazorla

Giroud

Thats the team I would like to see start. I still think Jack is best left on the bench for now, plus Sunderland are likely to kick him more than the average team (which is a lot anyway).

squallkid

Established Member
Assuming no injuries

----Chesney

Jenks----Sagna--Kos--Monreal

----Flamini--Wilshere---

-Walcott--Cazorla----Rosicky

----------Giroud---

Give Ramsey a rest for the full 90, played non stop for us since the season started and he's been holding his groin a little bit. No need to burn him out in September

Bring on Özil for Cazorla around the 60 minute mark

Kwaku

Fingers crossed that there will be no more injuries after the international break.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Tangy99 said:
I still think Jack is best left on the bench for now, plus Sunderland are likely to kick him more than the average team (which is a lot anyway).

I was thinking this is a better reason to not start Özil, whilst he definitely has the ability to destroy teams, I wouldn't want his opening game for us at a team that might be out to destroy his legs. Im not saying Sunderland are that kind of team (Cattermole excluded), or that Di Canio is that sort of manager. But this is the biggest signing of the year for the League, we don't need him getting the Neville Bros-on-Reyes kind of reception.

Sunderland have a lot of new players and few/no matches to which they've been melded together yet, similar to the Spuds last sunday. We should look to exploit this lack of cohesion from the get-go.

Loken

squallkid said:
Assuming no injuries

----Chesney

Jenks----Sagna--Kos--Monreal

----Flamini--Wilshere---

-Walcott--Cazorla----Rosicky

----------Giroud---

Give Ramsey a rest for the full 90, played non stop for us since the season started and he's been holding his groin a little bit. No need to burn him out in September

Bring on Özil for Cazorla around the 60 minute mark

I know we haven't exactly got options with AOC and Podolski out, but please god no, no Rosicky on the wing. He's fantastic as an advanced central midfielder, or a deep-lying player with Ramsey - but his form in the past on the wing was dreadful.

Rather put Cazorla out there with Rosicky in the center, or Özil in there, get the lead and sub Rosicky on for Özil.

Also Wilshere off for Ramsey, Ramsey keeps us ticking whilst Flamini does the dirty work. You don't need another pro-offensive player in Wilshere when you already have Cazorla and Özil. Besides Wilshere isn't quite ready for Sunderland away, too much competitiveness in the midfield while he's not 100%. Plus Ramsey had a very good game for Wales, although there is still another game to go.

And Sagna in place on Mertesacker? No no no. Merte is the leader and organizer, Kos and Sagna would not work better than Merte-Kos/ Merte-Sagna. Dropping Gibbs for Monreal just isn't right either, Gibbs is going to have 2 weeks off basically same as Monreal, no need to rest him.

-----------Chezza-----------

--Sagna--Mertesacker--Kos--Gibbs--

------Flamini-----Ramsey------

--Walcott------Özil------Cazorla

--------------Giroud--------------

Without injuries right now (barring AOC and Podolski), the team picks itself. Resting players comes for home games.

Wouterus

I think I'd rather rest Sagna than Mertesacker if he plays 90 minutes in Belarus. Perhaps Rosicky too. These away games after the international games are never easy, we need fully fit players. Bac, Ros and Rams back in for Marseille.

Szczesny

Jenkinson Per Koscielny Gibbs

Flamini Wilshere

Walcott Özil Cazorla

Giroud

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
Loken said:
-----------Chezza-----------

--Sagna--Mertesacker--Kos--Gibbs--

------Flamini-----Ramsey------

--Walcott------Özil------Cazorla

--------------Giroud--------------

This. It's our best line-up bar Arteta.

They are down, put out your best team and keep them there. No need to give them any kind of sniff. 9 points after 4 matches is a solid enough start considering we've played Sp**s.

0-3, Walcott, Giroud, Özil.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Szczesny

Sagna - Mert - Kos - Gibbs

Flamini - Wilshere

Walcott - Rosicky - Santi

Giroud

Ramsey will probably get the full 90 again so I'd rest him and then play him in both the Marseille and Stoke games. Give Özil a debut for Rosicky towards the end of the game hopefully if we are winning, but if he is rested against the Faroes I'd consider starting him. I'd start Sagna the next 2 games and rest him against Stoke.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Flamini, Ramsey/Wilshere, Rosicky/Özil, Walcott, Cazorla, Giroud
Subs : Viviano, Jenkinson, Nacho, Wilshere/Ramsey, Özil/Rosicky, Gnabry, Sanogo

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
Naturally looking forward to seeing Özil, but more cohesion in our defensive structure would also be great with a proper DM in the team. I don't know if the lack of cover from midfield in front of the CMs make them push up and subsequently cause our FBs to go 5 yards infield, but I don't like how narrow we are. Any kind of decent ball over Jenks meant danger, and Walcott was effectively playing LB with him standing close to the CBs all too often. Quite honestly Mert and Koscielny are praised a lot, but not as much as they should be. Time and time again our opponents are behind us and it's their reading of the game that snuffs out the danger most of the time with their positioning.

Perhaps I'm seeing things as no-one seems to be discussing it, but it's been bugging me for quite a while.

error_prone

Rosicky cant assist or score so I would play him deeper so he can move the ball around. Cazorla and Özil must play because we have no other options on the left wing.

Szczesny

Sagna Per Koscielny Gibbs

Ramsey Rosicky

Walcott Özil Cazorla

Giroud

KyleHyde

Chez
Sagna-Per-Kos-Monreal
Flamini-Jack
Theo-Rosicky-Santi
Giroud

let Monreal get a run from the squad. Think we'd need an extra firepower on offense with Sunderland. Let Özil familiarize himself with the squad/EPL game in general before he starts.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
sunderland have been dreadful. hopefully we score 6 or 7 and di canio goes completely off his rocker and gets sacked.

silent_shadow

Established Member
I'm all for starting Özil for the record. Think he's good enough that even if he's not fully settled he'll still be a class apart. Also he's probably be better rested than most.
Maybe rest Ramsey if he plays another 90 the next international. He always runs him into the ground most games.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season

Latest posts

Top Bottom