• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL| West Brom v Arsenal, 06/10, 4pm, SS1

GOONER1991

Established Member
images

After a fabulous win against Napoli behind us, we are in amazing form going into this game. Get 3 points here, and we go into the 2 week international break leading the Premier League. This is the type of tie where we would traditionally drop points early on in previous seasons, so we need to not get too carried away with tonight's result and take every game as they come.

--------------Szczesny

Sagna - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Gibbs

------------Flamini - Ramsey

Rosicky ----------Özil----------Wilshere

-----------------Giroud

Gibbs won't be playing for 2 weeks, so will get a good rest over the international period. Flamini and Arteta are in the same position, so I went with Flamini so not to break up a winning partnership and because he doesn't deserve to be dropped. Rosicky to play, but Gnabry to come on at some point as he should be feeling confident, with Wilshere on the other side after a good cameo performance today.

Hopefully we have another good performance and kill this one off early, so we can get the likes of Özil and Ramsey off and rested. West Brom are a decent side and are flying high after beating Man United. They had a difficult start to the season, but seem to be coming into form, hopefully we don't get complacent.

ModelGooner

Harambe Loyalist
3 points here please. We need to accrue maximum points as we have a difficult run in starting at the end of the month. I hope we can get 9 points from our next three games.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Well in current form we will beat anyone i expect we beat Westbrom here it will be not easy game i'm sure they will give us troubles they have good players. If Cazorla back in this game then its f**king perfect if not well then no problems start the same line up who played against Napoli.

Scezcney

Sagna Kosh Mertesacker Gibbs

Arteta Flamini

Ramsey Rosicky Özil

Giroud

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Same team as tonight, get the three points and wait for the little Spaniard to return after the break. :bounce

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
.......... Woj............
Sag.....Per..Kos.....Gibbs
.......Flam..Arteta.......
Any 3 from Ram,Oz,Roz,jack
..........Giroud..........

Johnny_Blaze

Established Member
Jack has to play. He's been instrumental in pretty much each of our away games. He fits in perfectly with our counter-attacking tactics away from home with his little flicks and running with the ball.

Azeem Khaja

Player:Ødegaard
Great to have this on tele, and disappointed we have that frickin' Int'l break - total waste of our time!

Keep the same team as tonight, decent recovery time until Sunday late afternoon.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'd rest Rosicky and play Wilshere instead.

You could tell that Tomas wasn't fully fit today, and when we play him too much he picks up injuries. Rest him prior to the international break so that he isn't too physically drained before he meets up with the Czech Republic. We know they will play him into the ground and don't need him to pick up another injury from the international break.

Ideally, I'd move Ramsey back to the middle and drop Arteta, but I don't think we have the numbers to do that yet.

So basically, the same team as today, but swap Rosicky for Wilshere.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
my heart telling me that i hope wenger give Vermaelen a chance to play this game Mertesacker has played all our game and maybe looks a bit tired. but my head saying no cuz you don't know Vermaelen these days he is not the same defender we know 3 years ago.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

No chance Mertesacker is being rested with an international break coming up, you don't play Vermaelen against a lump like Anichebe.

They've got a good four days rest.

blaze_of_glory

Yup, strongest lineup please, we need to get maximum points to keep our first place going into the break. I trust Wenger will sort out just fine.

dbig

3 points here will be perfect just before the break. We're building up momentum and confidence. Will be invaluable when we ease in Cazorla, Ox, and Walcott after the break.

DontPushMe

Should get three points here. No excuse not to really given our current form and how poor WBA is. We beat them with our youth squad anyway.

Szczesny
Sagna-Mert-Kos-Gibbs
Flamini-Ramsey
Jack-Özil-Rosicky
Giroud

Hope our boys get some good rest on the international break.

Mert, Ramsey, Jack, Özil, Rosicky will all likely play big minutes. Giroud generally comes off the bench but in his current form maybe they start him.

Hopefully we start to get our injured guys back after the break.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom