• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | West Ham vs Arsenal | 26/12/13 | 3:00 PM

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
And is everyone here also agree with me that Phil Dowd should have given 2nd yellow card to O'brain when he tackle on Giroud? it was dangerous tackle even the co-commentator on BT Sport said Phil Dowd should have given O'brain 2nd yellow card and sent him off.

and we know what happened next Fat Sam sub off O'Brain straight away after the foul.

el57

yeah O'brian was a definite second yellow. No arguments really, and it wasn't hard to spot, Dowd just bottled it. Didn't have the courage to give the proper call.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I think the players were just frustrated at the team not taking the lead, rather than being pissed at Giroud. It was an important game, so any animated reactions are understood.

VAVAVOOM 14

The Jury said:
I think the players were just frustrated at the team not taking the lead, rather than being pissed at Giroud. It was an important game, so any animated reactions are understood.

Its not just this game I've noticed it.

Buhry

Established Member

Great to see Podgolski back, he is pure end product. Great cross and great finish, we looked a lot better when he came on. Can't see him playing 90 against Newcastle but if he is fit enough I'd certainly like him to start.

Cazorla was good today, that was great to see. Walcott stepped up as well even if the first goal was a bit lucky.

Giroud was shocking again, right now he is a liability.

Shame about Ramsey getting injured, hopefully it doesn't keep him out for long. His form has dropped drastically the last month or so though.

el57

if they really didn't trust him they wouldn't whip balls into him all the time. I think it's just general frustration, not real doubts directed at him.

eye4goal

Established Member
Surely Cazorla has to be playing more in the centre from now on. It allows us to rotate him, Özil and Ramsey as well. He's 29 now and is clearly finding it harder playing wide. I think he'd do a better job than Wilshere playing next to Arteta(in Ramsey's absence), as he's less likely to lose the ball.

Its great to have Podolski back. 3 goals from 5 shots in the PL this season

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I thought we did alright against you lot. O'Brien and Cole missed two huge chances, Adrian made a massive drop and we lost by two.

How good is Diamé btw? Essential both in defense and attack for us. He's too good for us right now, has to be said.

Oh, and Giroud is utter **** right now. Missing more chances than Bendtner at his worst. Missed like 5 sitters today, ****ing hell.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
Dokaka said:
I thought we did alright against you lot. O'Brien and Cole missed two huge chances, Adrian made a massive drop and we lost by two.

How good is Diamé btw? Essential both in defense and attack for us. He's too good for us right now, has to be said.

Oh, and Giroud is utter **** right now. Missing more chances than Bendtner at his worst. Missed like 5 sitters today, ******* hell.
Yeah, Diame was pretty decent. Ramsey's better, but that's no insult. Diame's a real engine and looked a good ball carrier.

Floating

Established Member
If Ramsey tore his quad, he likely wouldn't have been able to walk off the pitch. Looks to me like a strain/pull. Probably 3-4 weeks out, although that's just a guess.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
A 'strain' or 'pull' is a tear; it's just a very minor one. 3-4 weeks as you say, hopefully.

k24bfan

Theo had an impact with his differential play but he still lacks a bit of on the pitch intelligence. Poldi showed us why he is important tracks back to defend and wonder left foot doesn't have much of a right one though. Ramsey should use his injury as a way to refocus himself he's been off lately.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
It looked bad for a while, but Podolski for me was our real saviour alongside Theo and both the princes amongst men around the box for us.

These outlets and clinical nature is what we've been crying out for. Giroud needs dropping at this stage, I don't care who takes he's role, he's a bum at this stage.

ArseGod said:
Don't see it as a knock to giroud. But, I did see a few players react visibly to girouds finishing. Anyone ekse see this?

I didn't but thought he was a poor excuse for a striker, my gf made the same comment as yourself though. It makes sense what's the point in making 10 chances if none of them et put on target?

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
3 points, another three against Newcastle and that's 7 points in 3 games and we're rolling again. We were always likely to falter at the big teams, but keep putting away the minnows and we've a real shout for the PL title.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Cazorla was brilliant today btw, should shut his haters up for a while. Loved seeing Poldi step up with a goal/assist too, he deserves it.

mo50

Established Member
Cazorla was on fire. Even in the first half when he was out on the left he was pulling the strings. We'll need our little Spanish wizard to be on his game if we're gonna win this league. Özil had a good game too, plenty of deadly passes.

MOTD was a hard watch, I didn't realize the amount of piss easy chances we put on a plate for Giroud. Really worrying that he even f*cks up sticking out the correct foot when the ball is crossed hard and low. With Ramsey out we'll need Podolski and Theo to do the goalscoring.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom