• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL - Wigan V Arsenal - 3/12/11 @ 3:00pm

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Okay-lets brush off this defeat to Manchester City and ensure that we take 3pts from this very winnable fixture. Wigan are coming off a good win at Sunderland and have played well in many of their games without getting anything from them. However, this is a game we should and IMO must win to get back on track after the bore draw with Fulham and the defeat to City. Yet another must win game-all the lads should be rested. 3-1 to the Arsenal.

Bossa

Established Member
Re: Wigan V Arsenal - EPL -3/12/11 @ 3:00pm

I hate games at Wigan. They are so poor but for some reason we never win at the DW stadium.

I'd like to see this team for this game.

Szscesny
Koscielny Mertesacker Vermaelen Santos
Ramsey Song Arteta
Walcott RVP Gervinho

The obvious eleven.

Bench: Fabianski, Djourou, Coquelin, Rosicky, Benayoun, Chamberlain, Park

viper_001

Established Member
Wigan are 19th place so far. That's 2nd to last and it looks like they're staying there all season.

The only time I would fear them is when the threat of relegation scares them into game-raising, but so early in the season they have to be there for the taking.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
We'll get chances in this game for sure-lets make sure we stick 'em in the back of the net! We do seem to have some struggles up there for some strange reason though-at least it's not a midweek game or evening game. We should not be doing anything but winning this game handily!

Kain

Established Member
Need a response here, no taking the opposition lightly like the Blackburn game, put in a performance and more importantly get the three points.

First team has for the most part been rested, finally we've got a few warriors in the squad now, Song, Vermaelen & Szczesny, get the job done no messing around.

Go out there and ****ing win! :twisted:

mo50

Established Member
I hate playing Wigan. They always manage the performance of their careers against us at the DW and they get at least a point.

That game where they came back from 2-0 down with 10 minutes to go to win 3-2 still surprises me to this day.

Warship

Defence will be up for a clean sheet I think. And N'Zogbia is gone; he was kind of a thorn in our side over the past couple seasons, at least in our trips to the DW.

Hopefully another RVP hattrick like the last time he played Wigan.

TheArsenalis

Should be a easy game, I think, they won last weekend we drew which is probably good, regarding the law of average and the quality and expectations of the sides. 2 goal from rvp, one from the wings another from midfield. Prediction 4-1.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Heading to this one, looking forward to a good away day.

Wigan really are pathetic this season, 'tis a must win alright.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

fabo said:
Heading to this one, looking forward to a good away day.

Wigan really are pathetic this season, 'tis a must win alright.
I feel ill, left it too late to check for tickets for this, normally always go Wigan away (always tickets available). Oh well, will watch online, can't see us not winning this TBH, no Nzogbia who was always their key man against us.

Vela

Established Member
Hoping a high scoring victory like 4-0 or something, we haven't had one in a while in the league.

Szscesny
Koscielny Mertesacker Vermaelen Santos
Ramsey Song Arteta
Walcott RVP Gervinho

Bench - Fabianski, JD, Coquelin/Frimpong, Yossi, Rosicky/Diaby, Arshavin, Park/Chamakh,

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
This one is with out a doubt a must win. :D

Seriously, will be a tough game but I think we'll come on top off them in the second half. I wouldn't mind any kind of win with a clean sheet.

Van the Man on the score sheet of course.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Out of the CC but raring to go in the league, we're still in red hot form in the EPL. One draw doesn't change that. Let's go ahead and get three points - RvP hatty please!

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Most of our starters got a good rest so we should come out with all guns blazing. We should be able to take advantage of the fact that Wigan usually play an open game. Our front 3, especially should have a lot of space to play in. The caveat being that since they like to attack, no defender can switch off and we should not be caught on the break.

Kain

Established Member
We've also qualified for the CL next stage so the main first team get another week rest before the home tie against Everton.

Our players should be up for this, RVP to add to his tally.

Accomplished

Established Member
I would like to see us show our intent in the first 15 and grab a goal. It's something we haven't really been doing for a long time now and I think our lack of early goals causes unnecessary nerves and pressure. I expect us to win, but I'd rather we weren't 0-0 at the 65 minute mark, as has happened so many times before.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Can't see past an Arsenal win and RvP hatty TBH, their defence is woeful, can see us getting 4 or 5.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom