• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL - Wigan vs Arsenal – 12:45pm – 22/12/12 - SS3

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
220px-Wigan_Athletic.svg.png
Wigan vs Arsenal -
180px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png

------------------------------------------------------------DW Stadium
-----------------------------------------------Saturday 22nd December 2012
---------------------------------------------------------Kick off – 12:45pm
---------------------------------------------------
sky_uk_sports3.jpg

My Preferred Lineup:

formation.png

Bench: - Mannone, Koscielny, Jenkinson, Coquelin, Ramsey, Rosicky, Giroud

My Score Prediction

- Wigan - 1 - - - Arsenal - 2
- Di Santo ------ Arteta
-------------------- Walcott

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Re: BPL - Wigan vs Arsenal – 12:45pm – 22/12/12 - SS3

I am going for 4-1 to us, same team

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

This should be a good test for our new front 3, wigan not winning in the last 4 games. the same start like we did today against reading and am sure the 3 points will be in the bag.

Chesney

Sagna Per Verms Gibbs

Wilshere Arteta

AOC Santi Podolski

Walcott

3-1 for arsenal santi theo and poldi with the goals.

leo_ense

Established Member

________________Szczesny_____________
__Sagna_Mertesacker__Vermaelen_Gibbs__
_________________Arteta______________
___________Cazorla____Wilshere________
___Chamberlain___Walcott___Podolski____

Would go with the same 11 but I'm expecting Arsène will make changes in some form, probably see Ramsey/Giroud on. Wouldn't mind seeing Rosicky and Koscielny get starts but as they say don't change a winning team and I hope Arsène sees it that way.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

3 of us going to this, should be a great atmosphere in our end with it being so close to Christmas.

5-1 Arsenal.

Yeah.

Azeem Khaja

Player:Ødegaard

I am glad this is on tele but curious as to why on SS3 and not SS1/2. Must be some important events scheduled on 1 and 2.

Wigan play decent football, so let's not get carried away after today's result. If Wigan hold powerful CB's then I expect Giroud to start. I don't think Theo would be able to deal with them, he is clever enough to understand if he is shifted to the right.

3 points, please Santa/(i)

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

I don't want ramsey and gervinho any where near to the first team both in awful form and they deserve to be on the bench. i think we will see kosh start maybe cuz i think per need a bit of rest cuz in today game at 2nd half he was jaded like Arsène says sometimes.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable

Want to see Koscielny play. I am a Vermaelen fan, and he was decent tonight, but I can't stand his relentlessly aggressive approach to press players when he sometimes needs to just track a runner.

DiamondGooner

Established Member

Don't screw this up with a dodgy team selection Wenger!

We have not scored this many goals since Southampton, same XI please.

fabo

6.51 / 10

This will be tough, a draw wouldn't surprise me here. Hopefully we start with some intensity which can be lacking in these early kick-offs.

Cazorla is key again, obviously.

DiamondGooner

Established Member

yousif_arsenal said:
I don't want ramsey and gervinho any where near to the first team both in awful form and they deserve to be on the bench. i think we will see kosh start maybe because i think per need a bit of rest because in today game at 2nd half he was jaded like Arsène says sometimes.

Add Giroud to that.

I know you like him but he'll never be as prolific as what we saw tonight from the team, he just slows down our attack and can't hit teams on the break.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

DiamondGooner said:
yousif_arsenal said:
I don't want ramsey and gervinho any where near to the first team both in awful form and they deserve to be on the bench. i think we will see kosh start maybe because i think per need a bit of rest because in today game at 2nd half he was jaded like Arsène says sometimes.

Add Giroud to that.

I know you like him but he'll never be as prolific as what we saw tonight from the team, he just slows down our attack and can't hit teams on the break.

yes i agree i like him but he also don't deserve to start :wink:, hopefully he will be a super sub if we struggle to score goals.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

They've not got an N'Zogbia or Moses this season to play like Messi against us which is good, who actually starts for these?

leo_ense

Established Member
THunter said:
They've not got an N'Zogbia or Moses this season to play like Messi against us which is good, who actually starts for these?

Kone, Di Santo and Jordi Gomez seem to be their main attacking players. Ryo obviously isn't eligible to play.

Bossa

Established Member
Same team as against Reading

Poldi Walcott Chamberlain
Wilshere Cazorla Arteta
Gibbs Vermaelen Mertesacker Sagna
Szczesny

Mannone Koscielny Coquelin Ramsey Rosicky Gervinho Giroud

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Only change I would make is Koscielny in. I think Per has been mediocre for a while now and he slows down the build up massively and only passes it to TV, Arteta or Sagna. Koscielny has a great pass on him and is much better technically.

Then again, Kos and TV hasn't been a great partnership. Perhaps one last try..

mo50

Established Member
How are Wigan doing this year? I remember how easy the away fixture was last season, hopefully we can have a repeat.

Same team as tonight, I'd probably play Koscielny and bench Vermaelen but that's not going to happen

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
leo_ense said:
THunter said:

Kone, Di Santo and Jordi Gomez seem to be their main attacking players. Ryo obviously isn't eligible to play.

Yeah i remember last game at emirates when we face them di santo and jordi gomez were decent. also kone is good player our defense will have work to do.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
mo50 said:
How are Wigan doing this year? I remember how easy the away fixture was last season, hopefully we can have a repeat.

Same team as tonight, I'd probably play Koscielny and bench Vermaelen but that's not going to happen

Well they are 18th and they without win in the last 4 games.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Latest posts

Top Bottom