• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Everton vs Arsenal Match Ratings

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Almunia 5
Sagna 6
Toure 7
Gallas 8
Clichy 7.5
Hleb 6.5
Cesc 6
Flamini 6.5
Diaby 6
Eduardo 9
Bendtner 5

Ade 7
Rosicky 6.5
Diarra 6

xcdude24

Established Member
almunia- 6
Sagna- 6.5
Toure- 6.5
Gallas- 7
Clichy- 7
Hleb- 6
Cesc- 6
Flamster- 7
Diaby- 5
Eduardo- 8
Bendtner- 5
Ade- 6.5
Rosicky-6.5
Diarra- 6.5

ibby

Established Member
xcdude24 said:
almunia- 6
Sagna- 6.5
Touré- 6.5
Gallas- 7
Clichy- 7
Hleb- 6
Cesc- 6
Flamster- 7
Diaby- 5
Eduardo- 8
Bendtner- 5
Ade- 6.5
Rosicky-6.5
Diarra- 6.5

5 for Hleb and Fabregas and we agree.

Invincible

Established Member
Almunia 6
Toure 6
Gallas 7
Clichy 7
Sagna 6
Flamini 6
Fabregas 5
Hleb 5
Diaby 6
Bendtner 6
Eduardo 9

Adebayor 7
Diarra 6
Rosicky 7

sabret00the

Established Member
Almunia - 5 - Could been better for the free kicks and corners we conceeded around the box.
Sagna - 6 - Another quiet game for him with him failing to offer support in attack. I question whether he's getting complacent.
Touré - 5 - Abysmal performance by the African.
Gallas - 8 - Our best defender on the day, kept us in the game.
Clichy - 6 - Kept it tidy at the back but failed to provide support at the front.
Hleb - 6 - Fantastic in possession but passing was off. Worked hard none the less. Our best midfield on the day IMO.
Cesc - 5 - Abysmal. Performances like that get you dropped.
Flamini - 5 - Also an abysmal, bench inspiring performance. Diarra must be hopeful based on that.
Diaby - 6 - Done some nice work which earned him an assist but his inability to distribute the ball leaves him looking firmly average.
Eduardo - 7 - Failed to get into the game, but scored with 60% of his touches. Can you ask for more?
Bendtner - 5 - Really disappointing and a red to boot. Maybe it would've been a different story with better service.

Adebayor - 7 - Came on to give the defenders something else to think about and got a goal.
Rosicky - 7 - That's the type of player i think he's supposed to be. A squad player who's lethal off the bench.
Diarra - 6 - Pointless substitution.

lagos

Established Member
almunia- 6.5
Sagna- 6.5
Touré- 6
Gallas- 7
Clichy- 6.5
Hleb- 5.5
Cesc- 5.5
Flamini- 7
Diaby- 5
Eduardo- 8
Bendtner- 5
Ade- 7
Rosicky-7
Diarra- 6

True Gooner

Established Member
Almunia 6
Sagna 6
Touré 5 - Terrible. BTW last year this time he was terrible too..(Sheffield UTD) something to think about? :?
Gallas 7
Clichy 7 - Nothing special, needs to sort out the final ball
Hleb 6.5 - Better in the 2nd half
Cesc 5.5 - In poor form but it happens to everyone, lets hope he shakes it off fast
Flamini 6.5 - Average
Diaby 4 - God awful
Eduardo 8 - Just for those fabulous goals
Bendtner 5 - Still learning

Ade 7
Rosicky 6.5
Diarra N/A

btw if this was only for the first half I would have given everyone 3 :(

nazo

Established Member
Almunia - 6
Sagna - 6
Touré - 6
Gallas - 7
Clichy - 7
Hleb - 5
Cesc - 6
Flamini - 6
Diaby - 6 just for the second half performance, much better from him
Eduardo - 8 got the important goals we needed
Bendtner - 5

Adebayor - 7 (for the goal)
Rosicky - 7 (goal)
Diarra - 6

giuliob

5 = average

Almunia- 6 Solid
Sagna- 6 A tad off form; but still a rock
Touré- 6 Also, off a bit; wishe he'd control his emotions better
Gallas- 6.5
Clichy- 6 Where was he on Everton's goal? Learned from Arteta in the 1st half
Hleb- 5 Wish he'd was physically stronger...
Cesc- 5 Disappointing;; needs to take a page from Arteta and play with quiet passion; stop getting into ref's face...
Flamster- 5.5 His fiery nature works for him, although that makes 5 yellows
Diaby- 5 Can't figure out what he's doing half the time; does he see the other players?
Eduardo- 8.5 Opportunistic,clinical
Bendtner- 4 Live and learn Nik
Ade- 7 He pestered them; he got a goal
Rosicky-7 Nice goal; brought some energy
Diarra- -6 No mistakes

All in all, for a good part of the game, Everton was the better team....But with Everton slowing down in the 2nd half and making careless mistakes, us picking up the pace, Eduardo's opportunistic goals, we come away with the win....

Rohit

Established Member
I don't do these ratings ever, but i can't believe Flamini gets such average ratings. I don't remember him misplacing one pass tonight, not that he made any telling passes. We played a four man midfield against a five man midfield. Fabregas and Diaby were both invisible defensively, Flamini worked for two players, he was always on someone or may be i was watching a different game, i thought he was fantastic.

lagos

Established Member
Rohit said:
I don't do these ratings ever, but i can't believe Flamini gets such average ratings. I don't remember him misplacing one pass tonight, not that he made any telling passes. We played a four man midfield against a five man midfield. Fabregas and Diaby were both invisible defensively, Flamini worked for two players, he was always on someone or may be i was watching a different game, i thought he was fantastic.

My thoughts too i thought he was our best midfielder

DC Gunner

Established Member
Almunia 6.5
Sagna 6
Touré 6.5
Gallas 7
Clichy 7
Hleb 6
Cesc 6
Flamini 6.5
Diaby 4
Eduardo 9
Bendtner 5.5

Ade 7.5
Rosicky 7

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Almunia 6.5 Controlled his space well on amid the pressure from crowded box

Sagna 7 - Very solid and made some crucial tackles.

Touré 7.5 - Very solid as well. Hate to see him leave in January for AFC. Please dont waste our free-kicks against the wall. :D

Gallas 8 - Rock Solid in heart of our defence

Clichy 8 - A very lively performance and he is improving his crosses.His road runner sprints are awesome

Hleb 6 - Looked tired, and I **** myself when he was keeping the ball in our own box

Cesc 5.5 - Needs to learn to keep his tempers down. Was a complete shadow at the start of second half. I wouldnt want him to marked as a diver

Flamini 7 - Very lively although some mis-timed runs opened spaces for Arteta.

Diaby 6 - Was absolute nightmare in first half and improved a lot in second.

Eduardo 8.5 - MOTM Sublime finishes. He has great ball controll and I hope this is just the start.

Bendtner 6.5 - Sad to see him red-carded. He played well and I hope Wenger lets him know that he needs to learn from this game.

Ade 7.5 - as much as I hate to say it, Ade made a great impact and made scousers defence not very comfortable going forward. Great work for his goal and Rosickys goal too. Why was he chasing the ball when he could just kick it in.. :D

Rosicky 7 - Good game and keept things simple.Superb finish

Diarra 6.5 - Worked hard to break their attacks and deserves a credit

Wenger 9 - Thanks so much for 4-4-2. It would've been 10 if he had subbed Nick before the red card

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Almunia - 6 - no much to do
Sagna - 7 - solid, not rush his challenge as Everton were looking for freekick all the time
Kolo - 8
Gallas - 8
Clichy - 7
Hleb - 4 - played fire inside the team's own box.
Cesc - 5 -
Flamini - 8
Diaby - 6
Eduardo - 9 - what a dramatic way to get his first two league goals, completely different display between two halves
Bendtner - 4 - his poor performance merits only 5, 1 point deduction for his sent-off. His lack of discipline will force Wenger have some tinkering to do on the front. Just reminds me how Robin got sent-off two seasons ago.

Subs:
Ade - 7 - killed the game off again. Something he and the whole team failed to do so last season.
Rosicky - 7 - scored another goal in bid to win his scoring bet with recently non-scoring Hleb and Cesc
Diarra n/a

Wenger - 8 - Took a gamble on starting Bendtner and Eduardo against an in-form Everton side. I don't mind too much on the formation issue (442 or 451) but Ade should've started. Everton sucessfully supress Hleb's influrnce by organising numerical supriority and physical presence around Hleb. Their back four pushed up, squeezed the space, and coordinated man-markeing against Arsenal's two strikers. The whole building up through Cesc& Hleb clearly was not working in the first half.

To my surpirse, at the beginning of second half, Clichy played long balls to Eduardo/Nik and the space behind Everton's backfour. That created one-on-one situation for a few seconds and allowed Eduardo to exploit as Everton were still thinking about pushing up. Everton's defenders looked unsettled and unsure after Eduardo leveled and then bagged another goal. A very successful tactical move imo. Arsenal suddenly needed not to build threats through Hleb/Cesc. The substituion of Ade and Tomas were working by scoring two more goals for the team. Arsène deserved an 8, if it weren't starting Bendtner and Eduardo, I would give him a 9. But maybe it's Primorac tipped Wenger.

banduan

Established Member
albakos said:
Wenger 9 - Thanks so much for 4-4-2. It would've been 10 if he had subbed Nick before the red card

He wanted to except the ref didn't let him. ****-up with the comms system apparently.

sabret00the

Established Member
Rohit said:
i suppose he wasn't part of the vacant midfield that got overrun throughout the game to the point that we had to bypass them in order to make things happen?

KingReyes

Established Member
Manny - 6 - Nothing to do
Bakka - 6 - Solid
Kolo - 6 - Solid
Billy - 7 - lead by example and yes, solid.
Gael - 7 - Great game. both in attack and defense
hleb - 5 - Not the best of games
Flams - 6 - Battles hard against Carsley, Neville and Cahill
Cesc - 6 - Look at Flams
Diaby - 6 - Lost the ball too much for me. Contributed to Rozza's goal however
Nik - 5 - Silly boy for the red card. At least he played small part in Ed's second goal
Ed - 8 - Two great finishes. Put us back into the game and put us in front.

juk380x

Almunia 5
Sagna 5.5
Touré 5
Gallas 7
Clichy 7
Hleb 5
Cesc 5
Flamini 6.5
Diaby 5.5
Eduardo 8 - MOTM
Bendtner 4.5

Ade 7
Rosicky 7
Diarra 6

Rohit

Established Member
sabret00the said:
Rohit said:
i suppose he wasn't part of the vacant midfield that got overrun throughout the game to the point that we had to bypass them in order to make things happen?

He was the only reason the midfield wasn't anymore vacant than it was. Fabregas was simply not there to help him, Hleb did his job, but Diaby was extremely poor and barely ever helped Clichy. We played against a five man midfield and Flamini had a fantastic game covering for Fabregas and space not covered by Diaby, in my opinion atleast.

He fights so hard and it rubs on to the other players, i personally was extremely impressed with Flamini, it was a very tough game and he carried us through.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom