• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Everton Vs Arsenal Player Ratings

IBL

Established Member
Almunia 7 - good on crosses

Sagna 7.5 - always involved
Gallas 8 - Solid
Vermalen 8 - impressive debut, fine goal
Clichy 7 - solid and put in some fine crosses today

Arshavin 6 - quiet overall
Denilson 7 - tidy, cracking goal
Cesc 8 - two goals and two assists
Song 8.5 - a real beast, reading the game better

Bendtner 7.5 - industrious effort
RvP 6 - ineffective

SUBS
Eboue 6
Ramsey 6
Eduardo 7 - strikers instinct

Unforgiven

Established Member
Almunia 7

Sagna 8
Gallas 8
Vermalen 8
Clichy 8

Arshavin 6
Denilson 7
Cesc 8
Song 9

Bendtner 7
RvP 7

SUBS
Eboue 6
Ramsey 6
Eduardo 7

nazo

Established Member
Almunia 7
Sagna 7
Gallas 8
Vermaelen 8
Clichy 7

Arshavin 6
Denilson 8
Cesc 8.5
Song 9
Bendtner 8

Robin 6

Eboue 6
Ramsey 6
Edu 7 (for the goal)

Robin and Arshavin would've got higher scores because they played well but i have higher hopes for them.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Almunia 7

Sagna 7
Gallas 8
Vermalen 8
Clichy 7

Arshavin 6
Denilson 7
Cesc 8
Song 8

Bendtner 7
RvP 7

SUBS
Eboue 6
Ramsey 6
Eduardo 7

M+D

Established Member
Almunia - 7

Sagna - 7.5
Gallas - 8
Vermaelen - 8
Clichy - 7

Fabregas - 9
Song - 9
Denilson - 8

Bendtner - 8
Van Persie - 6
Arshavin - 5

Subs:
Eboue - 5
Ramsey - 6
Eduardo - 6.5

go49oner

Established Member
Almunia 7
Sagna 7
Gallas 8
Vermaelen 8
Clichy 8
Denilson 7.5
Cesc 8.5
Song 9
Arshavin 6
RVP 7
Bendtner 8

Ramsey 6
Eduardo 7
Eboue 6

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Almunia 7
Sagna 7
Gallas 8.5
Vermaelen 9
Clichy 7.5
Denilson 8
Cesc 9
Song 8.5
Arshavin 6.5
RVP 6
Bendtner 8

Ramsey 6.5
Eduardo 6.5
Eboue 6

True Gooner

Established Member
Almunia 7

Sagna 7
Gallas 8
Vermaelen 8
Clichy 7

Denilson 8
Cesc 8.5
Song 9

Arshavin 6
Bendtner 8
Robin 7

Sub:
Eboue 6
Ramsey N/A
Eduardo 7 (for the goal)

I thought van Persie was very good today, his overall play was great and he managed 2 assists - certainly much better than Arshavin who had very little impact on the result. My only criticism was that he didn't get into many goalscoring positions.

MAK 14

Established Member
Almunia 8 - Never had that much to do, but was good at set-pieces.

Sagna 7.5 - Good as always.
Gallas 8 - Never looked in trouble, played well.
Vermaelen 8.5 - Great debut, great goal.
Clichy 7.5 - Same as Sagna.

Arshavin 7 - Didn't get involved that much, but when he did he was effective
Denilson 7 - Great goal, good display.
Cesc 9 - Man of the match for me, he played really well. Two good goals, and two good assists.
Song 8.5 - Played well, broke up Everton's play well.

Bendtner 7.5 - Played well.
RvP 6 - Was isolated.

Eboue 6 - Came on and did his job
Ramsey 6 - Didn't see a lot from him.
Eduardo 7 - Real fox in the box, always in the right place at the right time.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Arsenal:
Almunia - 7
Sagna - 7.5
Gallas - 8
Vermaelen - 8
Clichy - 7
Fabregas - 9
Song - 9
Denilson - 8
Bendtner - 7
Van Persie - 6
Arshavin - 6

Everton:
roflcopter.gif

nazo

Established Member
True Gooner said:
I thought van Persie was very good today, his overall play was great and he managed 2 assists - certainly much better than Arshavin who had very little impact on the result. My only criticism was that he didn't get into many goalscoring positions.

Same here. He was good but i would've liked at least a goal from him.

xcdude24

Established Member
Manny- 7.5

Sagna- 7.5. Got caught out a bunch, but I thought he did good to clean up his messes
Vermaelen- 8.5- hopefully he can keep this up, thought he was spotless today
Gallas- 8
Clichy- 7

Denilson- 7.5
Fabregas- 8.5
Song- 8.5 - Imagine a midfield trio of Flamster, Song, and Fabregas. Thought he was excellent today

Arshavin- 6.5- better second half
Bendtner- 7.5 worked hard
RVP- 6

Eboue- 6
Ramsey- N/A
Eddie- 7

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Our team overall:9.5

Everton defence: a perfect 10

images
by me ;)

arsmile

Established Member
Al-8-dominant in the air, some real smart distribution beginning counter attacks, good save in the lead up to their goal....though not particularly busy

Sagna-8- great workrate up and down the right, strong in the air as well

Galas-9- good goal, looked comfortable In dealing with everything

Vermaelen-9- very good debut goal- won most of the headers, some strong challenges- his partnership with galas looks very promising

Clichy-7.5- good

Song-9- very strong, if I saw him playing in midfield for another team I’d be thinking “maybe he’s the DM we need” he has that position to lose now, and if he can play like that when we are actually under pressure then he’ll solve all our problems there

Denilson-8- great goal, otherwise- apart from the first 10 minutes where there were a few sloppy passes, I thought he was very good, I cant criticise any part of what he did as a CM- no doubt he is sooo much better when he doesn’t have to do song’s job.

Cesc-9.5- the reason why he was so good was because he wasn’t too far up the pitch, I thought instead of him playing infront of song and denilson- it was more fluid than that, with cesc and denilson both playing more or less level and song anchoring- this meant cesc could get the ball in positions that suit his game better- look where he picked the ball up from almunia for one of the goals. Also- he took a freekick which led to a goal and that doent happen every day- a number of assists and goals and good work actually as a CM and not a second striker- not to mention a good captain’s performance

Bendtner-8- vital in more than one goal- looks like he has something very worthwhile to offer in that position- very strong in the air out there and has plenty of ideads

Arshavin-7.5- a bit of a luxury today- but popped up every so often with something magical- particularly good on the last goal

Vanpersie-8- did a great job as the one up the top

Eboue-6.5- did his thang I suppose!

Ramsey-6.5- came on and did a half decent cesc impression

Eddy-8- I don’t think there is much between him and robin as who should start- got the kind of goal that he will always get- I also love the way he grabbed the captain’s armband when he came on.

Overall, after that result, it is difficult not to go over the top with the ratings- the thing I noticed is we REMEMBERED HOW TO COUNTER ATTACK! There was so much pace and impetus in our moves from back to front- we haven’t been able to do stuff like that since Vieira left our midfield.

Also, we were effective from set pieces- thanks in no small part to vermaelen, but the deliveries must be mentioned.

The formation also, sure it isn’t the classic 442, but I’m not convinced it is the horrid 4231 monstrosity that I thought bound us up in the end of last season- I thought song was given the responsibility of holding (wenger deciding he’s ready?) cesc and denlson’s roles were very similar (wenger preparing for the denilson position to be taken by rosicky or nasri who are more effective higher up the pitch?).

There was so much fluidity everywhere- between bendtner and robin- cesc and denilson- arshavin was regularly coming inside and denilson took place out wide- song often got in the attack and denislon sat for him- even gallas and song had a couple of switcheroonies- if we can play like that and remain effective when under pressure, this could be a very viable set up.

Overall, not getting carried away- but we can only take positives from today, and there are lots of them.

Glovegun

Established Member
Absolutely superb. Vermaelen was fantastic and the rest of the defence was flawless. Song had a great game and van Persie did a great job up front. The only player below par was Arshavin.

gstew

Almunia 8

Sagna 6.5 Only player who disappointed
Gallas 8.5
Vermalen 9
Clichy 7.5

Arshavin 7 Not a great game but continued to run hard after the game was well out of hand
Denilson 7.5 Nice goal and then improved dramatically after dire start
Cesc 8 Thought he had a quiet game, but then remember 2 goals and 2 assists
Song 9.5 Had a great game. but not unexpected as he was our best performing player last year. Unless Arsène buys, he is our most important player (even more so than Cesc) this season. We have absolutely no cover for him. So every time he goes down I have a bolt of fear run through my body.

Bendtner 8.5 Our best player of the pre-season is continuing his form.
RvP 8 2 assists plus a few other defense splitting passes. I was very satisfied with his overall play.

Herbert Chapman

Ice Berg legend said:
Almunia 7 - good on crosses

Sagna 7.5 - always involved
Gallas 8 - Solid
Vermalen 8 - impressive debut, fine goal
Clichy 7 - solid and put in some fine crosses today

Arshavin 6 - quiet overall
Denilson 7 - tidy, cracking goal
Cesc 8 - two goals and two assists
Song 8.5 - a real beast, reading the game better

Bendtner 7.5 - industrious effort
RvP 6 - ineffective

SUBS
Eboue 6
Ramsey 6
Eduardo 7 - strikers instinct
Fantasticly accurate assesment. Spot on :bounce

Meatwad

gstew said:
Almunia 8

Sagna 6.5 Only player who disappointed
Gallas 8.5
Vermalen 9
Clichy 7.5

Arshavin 7 Not a great game but continued to run hard after the game was well out of hand
Denilson 7.5 Nice goal and then improved dramatically after dire start
Cesc 8 Thought he had a quiet game, but then remember 2 goals and 2 assists
Song 9.5 Had a great game. but not unexpected as he was our best performing player last year. Unless Arsène buys, he is our most important player (even more so than Cesc) this season. We have absolutely no cover for him. So every time he goes down I have a bolt of fear run through my body.

Bendtner 8.5 Our best player of the pre-season is continuing his form.
RvP 8 2 assists plus a few other defense splitting passes. I was very satisfied with his overall play.
thumbs up to you for pointing out that sagna wasn't very good. i was wondering when someone would make note of that.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Almunia 7

Sagna 6.5
Gallas 8
Vermalen 8
Clichy 7

Arshavin 6
Denilson 8
Cesc 8.5
Song 9

Bendtner 7
RvP 7

SUBS
Eboue 6
Ramsey 6
Eduardo 7

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom