• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ex-Gunner Watch

Is it wrong to still love Giroud

• Yes he’s no longer a gooner

• No he will always be a top man

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Right decided to watch the 1998 FA Cup final vs Newcastle in full because I couldn't get to sleep last night.

A few notes.

• Keown looked awful in the game. Made a few mistakes and was poor on the ball.
  • You can see the class of Adams though, read absolutely everything brilliantly. Did look quite clumsy and kind of like Mertesacker at times on the ball though.
  • Both Dixon and Winterburn were very good, quite quick for their age at the time too.
  • Vieira was great defensively, wasn't as commanding as he was in his latter years at Arsenal though. Was purely playing a defensive role.
  • Petit pretty much dominated the game, was absolutely sensational. Overmars also showed he was a class above too.
  • Parlour probably looked our best player, athletic, quick, strong and very dangerous. An unbelievable player.
  • Wreh..... may as well not have been there if I'm honest.
  • Anelka, put in a Walcott-esque performance. Missed a chance or two including a clear-cut header. Was poor in terms of his link-up play and didn't get involved effectively in the build-up. But you can see his pace was devastating though. The Newcastle trio of CB's were absolutely frightened of him.
You can tell it was a different time though. There wasn't really the fluent passing of the 21st century Wenger teams. However you could see our fitness level were far far ahead of Newcastles. It was an interesting watch, I've watched it before without really noticing what was going on beyond the 2 goals, etc.

OG J0E

Right decided to watch the 1998 FA Cup final vs Newcastle in full because I couldn't get to sleep last night.

A few notes.

• Keown looked awful in the game. Made a few mistakes and was poor on the ball.
  • You can see the class of Adams though, read absolutely everything brilliantly. Did look quite clumsy and kind of like Mertesacker at times on the ball though.
  • Both Dixon and Winterburn were very good, quite quick for their age at the time too.
  • Vieira was great defensively, wasn't as commanding as he was in his latter years at Arsenal though. Was purely playing a defensive role.
  • Petit pretty much dominated the game, was absolutely sensational. Overmars also showed he was a class above too.
  • Parlour probably looked our best player, athletic, quick, strong and very dangerous. An unbelievable player.
  • Wreh..... may as well not have been there if I'm honest.
  • Anelka, put in a Walcott-esque performance. Missed a chance or two including a clear-cut header. Was poor in terms of his link-up play and didn't get involved effectively in the build-up. But you can see his pace was devastating though. The Newcastle trio of CB's were absolutely frightened of him.
You can tell it was a different time though. There wasn't really the fluent passing of the 21st century Wenger teams. However you could see our fitness level were far far ahead of Newcastles. It was an interesting watch, I've watched it before without really noticing what was going on beyond the 2 goals, etc.
Cheers mate, this was an interesting read! Any more posts/reports like this would be very welcome.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
Twice the player that joke Sanogo is. Can actually control a football and finish. Can't believe Sanogo was given opportunities Afobe was far more deserving of.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
10M seems a very steep price for him, but since B'mouth have Wilson out for season, they need to take a risk. I am not sure if Benik will be worth that risk though.

But, he will forever be remembered for tearing a new one to LVG when the mighty MK Dons thrashed United 4-0 in League Cup.

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom