• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ex-Gunner Watch

Is it wrong to still love Giroud

• Yes he’s no longer a gooner

• No he will always be a top man

Results are only viewable after voting.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Yeah take me back to the GLORY days of scoring 50-60 per season goals please! 🤤
Yes, imagine having a main striker that would've scored like over 40% of your league goals.
Jesus would end up winning his golden boot with 35 goals scored. Too bad he scored 31 less than that 🤷

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I take ~90 goals season over 50-60 goals season every day.
You would be a damn fool not to.
I only compared the scale of contribution that the main striker had on our team with almost 40% of the goals in that time, instead of now where our main striker has less than 5% of the goals scored in our league total

Sulosky

I know this is an old video/old information for many of you, but this was new to me. A very beautiful story.

Sydney Pigden's father was a milkman who fought in WWI and didn't have much money. Both parents died when he was 15, forcing him to drop out of school (despite being top of his class) to find work.

His former headmaster was determined he get an education and funded him through evening classes, allowing him to get his school certificate.

Sydney became a spitfire pilot in the RAF and fought in WWII aged just 17. After the war he married Aileen, a girl he met at a dance when stationed in Scotland and they had a son, who died shortly after birth. Aileen died in 1968 when he was just 46.

Sydney became a teacher in 1949 and ended up teaching at Turnham junior school for 30 years. Later in life he donated his RAF mementoes to the Shoreham Aircraft Museum.

Ian Wright grew up in a violent home. His dad was absent, his mother was alcoholic and his step-dad was abusive.

Because of this, he was a difficult child at Turnham junior school. However, his teacher Mr Pigden taught him to read and write, "but most importantly how to keep calm and communicate with people instead of just flying off the handle".

Sydney took young Ian under his wing and taught him discipline and respect, saying that if he was naughty he wouldn't get to play football. He gave Ian responsibilities like being milk monitor and collecting the register from the teachers, something that made Ian feel valued and important.

Sydney was also Ian's first football coach and would encourage him not to blast the ball, but pass it into the net, "like Jimmy Greaves". Ian called it "a piece of advice that stayed with me my whole career".

Ian Wright went on to become Arsenal's top scorer in their 100+ year history with 185 goals, only surpassed later on by the legendary Thierry Henry.

When WWII ended, Sydney was chosen to do the WWII Victory celebration fly-past over Buckingham Palace, aged only 23. Despite this, he said that the proudest moment of his life was seeing Ian play football for England.

Sydney Charles Pigden died on Dec 27, 2017. Ian Wright unveiled an honorary plaque for Sydney at Turnham junior school to highlight his life and the importance of mentorship. Ian said getting to unveil the plaque commemorating Mr Pigden was "the greatest thing I've ever done in my life, to the greatest man in the world." -

@jamesnite2157

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Kolasinac won the Europa League last night, happy for him.

Was overly criticized when he was at Arsenal IMO
was ok in a back 3 if with stronger partners or as a left wing back in a very simple up and down role. Basically lacked the technique and passing ability for the football we played and his confidence tanked

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 3

Marco Silva is pushing the Fulham board to spend as Arsenal prepare to listen to offers for Emile Smith Rowe, among other fringe players [Evening Standard]

New Fenerbache manager Jose Mourinho is determined to stop Arsenal from signing LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Top Bottom