• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Expectations For The 2022/2023 Season

What are your expectations?

• Top 3

Votes: 30 20.5%
  • Top 4

Votes: 25 17.1%
  • Top 4 + Deep cup runs

Votes: 74 50.7%
  • Top 6

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Top 6 + Deep cup runs

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • No Expectations

Votes: 7 4.8%

• Total voters

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I wonder if my post should be moved here? (Let it get some more likes first in the Arteta thread though)

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I feel like there’s too much context involved, poll is too simple.

If we get 75+ points playing good football but finish 5th then I wouldn’t be mad but I definitely don’t want to vote for top6 + deep cup runs as being acceptable.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I think we could realistically finish anywhere from 3rd to 6th depending upon luck and the end of the transfer window. I think we'll finish 5th unless Utd pull out some unexpected transfer market brilliance. If Chelsea are dysfunctional or Son gets injured for an extended period of time then we could also easily finish 3rd or 4th. Really in my view it's time for Arteta to deliver CL football regardless of luck but I think another 5th place finish is the most likely outcome at present.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Yeah top 6 will be too hard to call the order. It's more about how long we're in the fight for 3rd and other metrics. Can see 3-6 not being decided until the last couple of weeks.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Assuming we continue to add quality, say a midfielder and wide forward, and have a low injury season, then I think top four and deep cup runs is something we should be going for.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Bit too early to say for sure, transfers still not complete for us or most of the other top 6 competitors.... nvm if we lose a midfielder for any reason. Right now I'd say we have the 3rd strongest squad on paper, if our top 12-15 players stay fit and available we should be fighting for 3rd. We've a young squad who look very motivated and very organized with competition for several positions. The team knows almost exactly what Arteta wants now, comparing the team that will start the season to last years starting squad is a difference of night and day.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
As long as I don't feel like turning off the TV when I watch the Arsenal I'll call it progress.

Artetaball actually made me stop watching for a while until the Euros rekindled the love for the sport Arsenal was killing

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

I have zero expectations in terms of league position, don’t really know what I class as good anymore tbh. What I do expect though is arteta to stop sending us to sleep every week. We can’t continue scoring 50 goals or whatever it is a season

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I feel like there’s too much context involved, poll is too simple.

If we get 75+ points playing good football but finish 5th then I wouldn’t be mad but I definitely don’t want to vote for top6 + deep cup runs as being acceptable.
@A__G

D

Deleted member 102404

Top 4 absolute minimum plus a cup.
This team needs to win something.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Got to be top 4. We'll be 4 years into this by the end of the season. That is more than enough time for someone to achieve that objective at a club of this size.

I would add that missing out on top 4 but winning the Europa is a perfectly acceptable alternative for me.

If we can win a cup, fantastic but that is a lot more of a lottery based on the draws you can get.

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom