• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA: Arsenal vs Cardiff City | 07/01/06

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 195
  • Views 11,101

f4evo

mrsvanpersie said:
Considering this was a game to get RvP playing after injury, how did he do?

looks like he set up pires' second goal and created some good passes and hit the post with a header

rich300

Best thing about Wigan 1-1 Leeds is that Paul Jewell might now rest some of his main players (Chimbonda, Roberts) for one of the carling cup legs and keep them fresher for the replay at Leeds.

famous no 10

Established Member
rich300 said:
Best thing about Wigan 1-1 Leeds is that Paul Jewell might now rest some of his main players (Chimbonda, Roberts) for one of the carling cup legs and keep them fresher for the replay at Leeds.

Doubtful really, why rest his players for a semi-final?

A

Anonymous

Good game, good performances all around.

Senderos was shaky. Needs to rediscover a solid defensive style.

Gilbert isn't ready at LB. fair enuFF

Overall the defence lacks stamina, energy and ability to press attackers without being caught out.

Pires was playing well, but more importantly, he just knows the Arsenal movement.

Bergkamp didn't shoot, but passed.. and therefore was much improved.

RVP played quite well, held the ball around, never was able to get anything solid from anyone's passes, but worked well in and around the team, and showed a few individual touches here and there. And an assist is good. :eek:ops:

Quincy has feckin pace, but lacks direction - He MUST get games to progress one way or the other. Obviously not as developed as Reyes, but is the type of player who with pace and directness may force an error or create a chance for someone else to get a goal. 45min roles are needed.

Gilberto looked average.

rich300

famous no 10 said:
rich300 said:

Well he might think the FA Cup and chasing a UEFA cup position in the league is more important?

Maybe not though it was just an idea that came to mind...

Army of Me

Established Member
nah, jewell will push his players to the limits this season. they're in dreamland and resting players just won't be an option.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
rich300 said:
famous no 10 said:
rich300 said:

Well he might think the FA Cup and chasing a UEFA cup position in the league is more important?

Maybe not though it was just an idea that came to mind...

I heard he rested several players today for the Carling Cup.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
Average performance really, although I suppose they just did what they had to.

All deserve a 6/7 apart from Pires who looked a class above.

Viper

Established Member
Pires looked a class above? It sounded like Bergkamp was the one who influenced the game and created the goals D:

RockyRocastle

Established Member
Viper said:
Pires looked a class above? It sounded like Bergkamp was the one who influenced the game and created the goals D:

Yeah, Dennis had a good game, but I just wish he would friggin shoot more.

Pires was very very good today imo.

sabret00the

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
Viper said:

Yeah, Dennis had a good game, but I just wish he would friggin shoot more.

Pires was very very good today imo.
the arse tv online guys said dennis was anonymous second half, any truth in that?

IBL

Established Member
Sounds like it was a decent game, waiting to see the highlights tonight. Good that Pires scored, he needed some confidence in front of goal. Also good to see RvP and Quincy back

patrick42uk

Established Member
good to see pires has performances like this still in him. i'v always felt he is worth keeping as some one to pass on knowledge on how football should be played.

marco

What i didnt like today was when the arsenal fans started singing England!
what has that got to do with arsenal?
we were watching arsenal thankfully not england.
i know we were playing a welsh team but no need for that.

Also last minute one of their fans ran on pitch when we were in middle of 25 odd passes and as a result of that idiot cardiff got the ball back.

Some welsh guy behind me in the north bank then got the hump with me for pointing this out to the ref!

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom