• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA: Arsenal vs Chelsea | 15/2/04

Sammer

Established Member
Taozhe said:
Lampard will still be a threat and I dun think he will be the one marking vieira, Makalele will be the one. ;D

Same here. Lampard will try to organise Chelski´s attacks, while Makelele will try to take care of Viera. And to be honest, Makelele is damn good about taking players "out". I have seen him mark Ballack, who is not as good as Viera, but still it´s impressing on what Makelele can do.

Should be an exciting match !

Adam

Established Member
Chelsea will have to stop bum-licking us in the media!

Are they trying to lure us into complacency?

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
I don't see Makelele working on Vieira.If he will be marking somebody it would be PIRES. I mean he will make sure PIRES stays outside..and doesn't come in. I think we are dangerours whenever he moves in..cos that means either he can take on the defense or Cole can make those amazing runs. Forcing him wide the whole time..removes that threat a bit.

I think the midfield will cancel each other, I don't see us completely dominating them and vice versa..as has been the case recently..so its now up to creativiy upfront..and that we have an edge.thanks to Titi, Pires

algunner

If lampard is not to mark Viera then chelsea will have problem because pires and Viera will be free roaming every where. Its going to be a big test for chelsea because once we score there is no going back. Mind you Arsenal has not allowed more than 1 goal in premiership other than Newcastle. So its hard to get 2 goals against arsenal but its easy for Arsenal to score 2 goals especially in Highbury.

ethanen

Lehman

Lauren - Toure - Campbell - Cole

Gilberto - Vieira - Edu

Pires (free role)

Bergkamp - Henry

As for Henry, I dont think Wenger will rest him. Henry just had a few weeks off so I dont see why.

jc8gooner

Some good news and some bad news. Crespo is doubtful (good news cos he's very good). Desailly is also doubtful (bad news cos he's rubbish!)

I think Wenger will field our strongest line-up, although you never know in the FA cup. I was so shocked last season when he rested Henry at Old Trafford. That means Bergkamp and Henry up front, whatever he sees fit in midfield (Parlour, Edu and Gilberto are all good), and a solid defence.

There is no doubt that Chelsea are a threat. Lampard, as Lewdikris says, will be key to their chances. If Vieira is on form a la last year at Stamford Bridge in the cup, we should win.

It would be great to knock Chelski out of the Cup for the fourth year in a row, but it will not be easy. I expect a very tough game in which Chelsea will throw all that they have at us.

Just as an afterthought, if I had to choose, I would prefer we won the league match against them than this one. The Cup's great and all, but the league must remain priority. 3 points on the 21st is key. Ideally though, we'll win both. :wink:

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i agree with everything jc8 just said except for which match we would rather win... if we lost this one, we are out of the Cup... if we lose in the EPL match, we still have 12 more chances to gain points and still have a very realistic shot of winning the title.... (even with one loss, we would still be in first at this point - and we will be playing at the Bridge, so points there wont be as easy to come by so a draw is very realistic)

Alexone234

Sol said:
Hopefully the 6,000 chelsea fans will help create some sort of atmosphere,.

The only thing 6000 Chelski fans will create is demand for burgers. They don't have food where they come from.

The Mini

2 reasons to bring this thread back up. (1) It is the official match thread and (2) I'm going to see th match! A guy who works at the synagogue I go to has a spare ticket!

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Henry has to play. We won't have much of a goal threat against a very good defence if he doesn't play. The midfield battle is absolutely crucial. Makelele, Lampard and Parker are a very combative threesome and we need to get on top of them early. I hope Edu Partners Vieira, with Parlour on the right. Hope the atmosphere is good but often the noon kick-offs tend to be a bit disappointing atmosphere-wise.

gooner

Just heard da bad news about Henry. Still believe we can beat Chelsea and prove to all the media that we are not a one man team.

Come on u gunners.

A

Anonymous

Its going to very tough now!!!!!!

No Henry, No Ali, No wiltord, No Lundberg

Kanu wouldn't have done anything anyway

Who have been got?

A old battleware dutchman on his last legs and a Spaniard who hav'nt found his

Where are the goals comming from?

Parlour - **** No!!!!
Veiria - Pleaseeee
Gilberto - forget it

Only good old Pires left.

Overall i can't see it happening :shock:

goonerlove

Henry has bruised foot - he is out. Apparently Sol is facing fitness test as well...

Looks like this could be a tough match for us without Henry and Ljungberg (and maybe Campbell)...

Goonerlove

satan_beckham

no henry and no ljungberg...really wonder where our goals will come from...Reyes must score this game,no matter what!!Bentley must show his magic when he come off the bench..This is a game Edu and Pires must make things count..no henry,they are our only sparks.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom