• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA: Arsenal vs Coventry | 24/01/14, 19:45 | BT Sport

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
Our new 3 day old Arsenal fans first experience of the game at home with her mum and me. A bit of an ironic game for us as the missus adopted father's team was Coventry and hence was her first team before she moved to London.

Did anyone think when Zelalem came on, players were avoiding passing to him like they didn't trust him? He looked tidy but I was a bit disappointed about that.

I think they didn't go out of their way to get him in the game which is the right thing to do. Let him slot in and learn without the ball being lumped at him needlessly. He got the ball passed to him as much as anyone did, ie. when he was the best option which probably meant we were still taking the match seriously.

coopsollini

Yeah the structure of the team and the 2nd half assurance would have been much better had flamini played but with Arteta out Wenger did the right thing saving him for Tuesday.

Really happy for Podolski, we need his goals if we are to win the league...non of the other forwards would have converted his first goal.

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It was a ok sort of game
I was rather sad at times our midfield seemed to melt away
I did not notice at first the guy whom came onto the pitch
If we had played like we did against an team in Premier Leaque we would of not won.
We did win now what is the odds we get Liverpool or Everton?
Edit to say that was speaking to a lovely lad who said to my son and I about
Draxler.
I also should imagine that Coventry appriciated our booking when they did their protest

coopsollini

@natnat - Wenger could have introduced midfield stability at any point by bringing on Flamini, but why risk him for next week when Arteta is out. If it had been premier league opposition we would never start without a genuine DM.

GunnerGetYah

Established Member
The Jury said:
GunnerGetYah said:
I think they were singing the Vieira song because the turn that Zelalem did reminded them of Vieira?

I don't think half the stadium remember what Vieira turned like tbh.

I remember when Vieira was the main featured player for Fifa that year. They demonstrated him doing the exact same turn that Zelalem did. That's probably why it stuck in the mind.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
boyinneedofhumor said:
4. Gibbs
Those who commented Gibbs is rather poor might wanna try looking from another perspective - to whom (out of Gibbs vs Jenkinson) do you think our GK and CBs seem more assured/fluent in passing the ball to, to play it out of defence?

Or who do the GK and CBs think has the better hair out of Gibbs and Jenks? The answer would reveal all....

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Natnat said:
It was a ok sort of game
I was rather sad at times our midfield seemed to melt away
I did not notice at first the guy whom came onto the pitch
If we had played like we did against an team in Premier Leaque we would of not won.
We did win now what is the odds we get Liverpool or Everton?
Edit to say that was speaking to a lovely lad who said to my son and I about
Draxler.
I also should imagine that Coventry appriciated our booking when they did their protest

Sorry meant clapping aggh can not multitask was talking to my son that,I need to be booking up my train journey (if you book in advance you get cheap train tickets)

eye4goal

Established Member
Nicklas Bendtner ‏@bendtnerb52 12h
Good professional attitude in the game. Now next round. Pleased for @Podolski10 with his goals. Happy with my ankle staying strong. #afc #23

Lukas-Podolski.com ‏@Podolski10 12h
@bendtnerb52 thanks!! #aha #lord

:D :D

Anzac

Established Member
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
Our new 3 day old Arsenal fans first experience of the game at home with her mum and me. A bit of an ironic game for us as the missus adopted father's team was Coventry and hence was her first team before she moved to London.

Did anyone think when Zelalem came on, players were avoiding passing to him like they didn't trust him? He looked tidy but I was a bit disappointed about that.

Apologies dude - missed this earlier :eek:ops:

Big congrats to you and your family. :bounce

:D

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
ArsenesNO1Fan said:

I noticed that as well. Many a time they would just pass it backwards either to the centrebacks or the fullbacks.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Anzac said:
ArsenesNO1Fan said:

Thank You Anzac, exhausting but won't keep me away from AM :lol:

Sydney Gooner said:
ArsenesNO1Fan said:

I noticed that as well. Many a time they would just pass it backwards either to the centrebacks or the fullbacks.

Or when he came short at the base of midfield they bypassed him. Maybe it's just lack of trust of a young boy when trying to game. Technically he looks special though even though he was briefly on the ball.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Nothing wrong with it for me, Zel's gotta earn his stripes with a string of good performances for the first team, which I'm sure he'll do.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
Anzac said:
ArsenesNO1Fan said:

Thank You Anzac, exhausting but won't keep me away from AM :lol:
exhausting but when the baby laugh, your exhaustion will be gone

boyinneedofhumor

The Jury said:
boyinneedofhumor said:
4. Gibbs
Those who commented Gibbs is rather poor might wanna try looking from another perspective - to whom (out of Gibbs vs Jenkinson) do you think our GK and CBs seem more assured/fluent in passing the ball to, to play it out of defence?

Or who do the GK and CBs think has the better hair out of Gibbs and Jenks? The answer would reveal all....
:lol: ... fair play to you there.

So... I take it we're back on level again? :wink: :p

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I hate all of Jenkinsons hair... facial and scalp...

His eyebrows are ok I suppose, never noticed them so can't be bad.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom