• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA: Arsenal vs Sheffield United | 19/02/05

OneProudGooner

Established Member
Looks like we got them again :?
I'm just wondering what sort of team we should put out considering we've got a vital Champions league first knockout round game on Tuesday.

Sonic Youth

we've got to win the fa cup, not because i think the cup is more important for us than the champions league - the only other prize we can still win, but because i don't want chelsea to win the double. they're going to win the league, fine, it's what we could expect from their team and money, but they're not gonna join the list of clubs that have won the double - arsenal, liverpool, united and Sp**s.

stav25

they're gonna be tougher than people think. they're a dirty bunch and will fight for every ball especially as Arsène will most probably put out a weakened team (Bayern Munich a few days later) and any first teamers playing might take it a little bit easy (Bayern Munich a few days later!).

I would have prefered West Ham. they aint so tough and would have been funny to take the piss out of Teddy Sheringham. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Lukazan

Established Member
Off topic slightly, but could anyone that get's text from O2 Arsenal tell me if they recieved a text today to tell them that we'd be playing Sheffield?

Cheers..

Gooner83

I think Henry will only play if needed like 20mins.

Vieira will play, Pires might be rested completely.

That would be a good idea.

mcg1907

arsenal must think this match first... and then make ready for CL... i am waiting 2 goals in this match from HENRY...

informed1

LuKaZaN said:
Off topic slightly, but could anyone that get's text from O2 Arsenal tell me if they recieved a text today to tell them that we'd be playing Sheffield?

Cheers..

huh?

they won the game with West Ham hence we play them for the FA Cup.....I dont understand why did you ask that question? :?

Evil Dragon

^^^ Maybe he means that he didn't recieve one and was expecting to, and he just wants to know if he didn't get one.

informed1

Evil Dragon said:
^^^ Maybe he means that he didn't recieve one and was expecting to, and he just wants to know if he didn't get one.
yeah I thought of that after I made my post....was just too lazy to change it....my laptop takes forever...

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Is it my imagination or do we always seem to play Sheffield Utd in the cup, or Wolves, or both??

kanuuu

Established Member
They can actually play decent football as well as battle hard, we can't afford to rest too many players.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
Im sure we'll stat the match with a pretty decent team. But when we are ahead by some two goals, the likes of Henry and Vieira and probably Bergkamp/Pires will sit out the rest of the game early.

These players are used to playing a game every 3 days, they've been doing it for a while now. I don't see any problems.

KoLo28

we should be able to comfortably beat them with a semi-fullstrength team, they battle hard and get stuck it but we completely out class them 100 fold and if the boys are switched on it should be a comfortable victory.

Mark

Established Member
What would everyone think of this?:

Lehmann

Eboue Toure Senderos Clichy

Pires Flamini Fabregas Reyes

Bergkamp Lupoli

Bergkamp won't travel to Munich so we could use him in this game as he would supply Lupoli with great service. And the young Italian won't be our only goal source either as Pires and Reyes will get forward a lot. I reckon that would be pretty good.

KoLo28

Mark said:
What would everyone think of this?:

Lehmann

Eboue Toure Senderos Clichy

Pires Flamini Fabregas Reyes

Bergkamp Lupoli

Bergkamp won't travel to Munich so we could use him in this game as he would supply Lupoli with great service. And the young Italian won't be our only goal source either as Pires and Reyes will get forward a lot. I reckon that would be pretty good.

Sounds good to me, flamini and fabregas in the middle is nice, they complement each other, with bergkamp sitting deep hopefully he can support lupoli with some gems to help him get off the mark, with pires and reyes attacking alot, getting behind the defence, 4-0 arsenal.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
The fifth round is not the time to play Lupoli. Not when we're not very likely to win the league.

And Sheffield United might surprise a few of you predicting 4-0 wins, I've seen them this season, they're a good, strong side.

sienna

Wenger won't be playing Lupoli. I think some of you are underestimating Sheffield United. They're not going to be easy and they will make the game as difficult as possible for us. They'll also kick the hell out of us.

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom