• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA: Bolton Wanderers vs Arsenal | 12/03/05

kanuuu

Established Member
With the FA cup our only hope of Silverware this season this is now a huge match, the players will be knackered and will have to pick themselves up from last nights defeat. We couldn't really have had a harder match in which to bounce back from the defeat, as they're going to try and frustrate us. I think we should play our strongest possible line-up. Bolton will of course attempt to kick us off the pitch so i don't think Reyes should start because he gets taken out of matches like these. If Edu still isn't fit then the tireless Flamini should start as Paddy needs a hand defending against Boltons hard working midfield. If Almunia if fit then he will play if not then we might get a chance to see Taylor play again.

Henry Bergkamp
Pires Vieira Flamini Freddie
Cole Senderos Toure Lauren
Almunia/Taylor

Another 1-0 i reckon.

MightyArsenal

Bolton Vs Arsenal - FA Cup

Well the only chance of sliverware is on saturday. I dont know about you guys but this is gonna be **** tough. That ****** allardyce is gonna get his tactics right against us again. So its gonna be up to the players to create that piece of magic.
Another piece of bad news is that Henry is injured with a calf strain and will probably miss the game. Therefore my team will be:

Lehman
Lauren, Toure, Senderos, Cole
Ljungberg, Vieira, Flamini, Pires
Bergkamp, Reyes

I think lehman should play because of his performance against bayern and also because Almunia had a terrible game at the reebok in the prem. id put Reyes up front with bergy because He inevitably plays better when Henry isnt the main man. Hopefully he wont fall over when ever he gets the ball and instead concentrate on being direct.

Prediction 2-1 Arsenal win (Heres hoping)

OneProudGooner

Established Member
Not sure whats going on with henry but I think if he was fit we would play this in the midfield depending on injuries:
Reyes Vieira Flamini/Edu Pires

MightyArsenal

Their main danger men are El Haj Diouf and that runt Stelios. They are the players that have some skill and pace about them. But it will probably comedown to their fighters with the likes of Speed, Nolan and Davies. We'll see if our boys are up for it or not.

informed1

NOTE: LACK OF SLEEP

OneteaminLondon said:
Also, I think Bolton will be without THEIR main man, Jay Jay.
I saw that...I hate his flipping long throw ins, although we are getting better at set pieces. Henry has calf strain and is doubtful....we are curse honestly.

Lauren .........Toure......Senderos.......Cole
Freddie............Flamini......Vieira.......Clichy
................Bergy
.........................RVP

I know some people are going to go on and on about it but I think RVP has the ego/arrogance/whatever to be the main man up front. As for clichy over reyes and pires well, I feel that we need to look at the man behind him and with him and cole we stand a better chance defensively and they both like going forward......although I would probably make clichy play left back and switch if necessary. Pires can be subbed on....I also feel that clichy and cole have develop a better understanding of each other rather than Reyes and cole.

I am debating over flamini over cesc but I think he can be subbed on if needed and as for eboue, well I dont know....I just dont...I feel weary cant be bothered to explain

HANG ON is edu fit? if so then he starts

OneProudGooner

Established Member
Not sure about Edu perhaps his scan came out okay but Arsène didn't want to risk him? If he's fit he would be my choice to start alongside Vieira.

MK5

Mostarac said:
That is right, Okocha is injured and will NOT play against us.

That's a real bonus for us and at least give you something to be a little bit happy about when the sky is grey and we've just been knocked out in CL again. :(

sabret00the

Established Member
if henry is out we've got a chance for a magnificent game

Eboue Toure Senderos Cole
Freddie Cesc Vieira Reyes
.......... RVP Quincy

yup that's right **** a shadow striker, two out and out's.

Spike

Established Member
We can't take take Bolton for granted.

It's our only chance for Silverware so we should play our full squad and treat this game like a Premiership game.

Goalie
Lauren Toure Senderos Cole
Ljungberg Cesc Vieira Pires
Bergkamp Henry

sabret00the

Established Member
in all fairness spike Dennis don't deserve a start, neither do reyes or freddie but we don't have better players in their position where as we have options up front.

champions04

Yep it's true, just read it, people may say that our defence has cost us the season, but the amount of injuries our players have had definately played a part

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom