• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA: Brighton vs Arsenal - 26/01/13 |15:00 | Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
LoL oh yeah that, yup that's a really funny overreaction there.

I thought throwing shirt to away fans was a form of appreciation, but well how times change.

Airknight

Established Member
Hopefully means he's finally going out, people are unfairly insulting our best player when they call Rosicky a "white Diaby"

Uncle Mike

Established Member
Any win is a good win -- although, at the moment, the Celtics might disagree. (Boston, not Glasgow.)

That we won with Santos, Diaby and a really rusty Rosicky playing is encouraging.

And I want to compliment the Brighton fans. They faced the prospect of a home draw with Arsenal, staying alive in the Cup, and a trip to London, and did NOT treat it like they'd just won the Cup. Unlike fans of a few other teams we could mention. The Brighton fans understood context and perspective. I hope they get promoted.

AFCG7

Established Member
Santos .. oh dear. We are better off playing him further up wide left when we want to close out a game. He cannot be used at LB ever again for this club.

Uncle Mike

Established Member
AFCG7 said:
Santos .. oh dear. We are better off playing him further up wide left when we want to close out a game. He cannot be used at LB ever again for this club.
Move him from the fullback position to winger, as was once tried with Eboue on the other side?

I wouldn't try it in a League game, but it might be something to consider, especially if the rules allow us to do it in a reserve match.

jerome2158

Established Member
Finally got a chance to watch this one...

my first thought overall is that our defenders clearly need to work on anything that comes in from the wings. Crosses, FKs, corners are all high risk for us. For their 1st goal, szcz shouldn't even have had to come off his line, because at least 2 of our guys should have been back there.

second was get the ball to giroud, and he will produce a shot. Might not be the hardest or most accurate, but he will do it.

And also I'm really liking Theo's ability to get back on his feet quickly after being fouled. It gives us the advantage, and takes the defenders by surprise which usually puts him through on goal.

And last...podolski should probably just take all our close range freekicks now.

Uncle Mike

Established Member
jerome2158 said:
Finally got a chance to watch this one...

my first thought overall is that our defenders clearly need to work on anything that comes in from the wings. Crosses, FKs, corners are all high risk for us. For their 1st goal, szcz shouldn't even have had to come off his line, because at least 2 of our guys should have been back there.

second was get the ball to giroud, and he will produce a shot. Might not be the hardest or most accurate, but he will do it.

And also I'm really liking Theo's ability to get back on his feet quickly after being fouled. It gives us the advantage, and takes the defenders by surprise which usually puts him through on goal.

And last...podolski should probably just take all our close range freekicks now.
Probably the closest thing to an actual cannon that Arsenal have had in a long, long time.

jerome2158

Established Member
definitely agree with you mike. That goal vs west ham more than confirmed that. Has to be the hardest struck goal we've scored in awhile.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
rich 1990 said:
MaestroCesc said:
juice man said:
Giroud and Poldi had good games. Santos was garbage, Mert needs to cut out the big mistakes, and Kos looks like he wants to piss his pants on the field.
Was i the only one who thought Koscienly was alright, made some good interceptions and was solid in the tackle. Today was further proof, that our defense isnt any more calm and collected with Mertesacker in it.

@Airknight your a piss take of a poster, if you can make a statement like that for a player who has barely played recently. (not saying he is or isnt good enough to replace or Sagna, just saying you cant make a statement like that for a guy who is understandably rusty)

No, you weren't. I thought he was excellent. Were it not for him, we could have easily lost. Him and Giroud were easily the best players on the pitch.
Not saying Kos had a bad game particularly. But IMO he's a far cry from the confident defender we saw last seaosn.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
i don't understand why we don't play mugs like santos and arshavin more for reserves. that way we could at least have them fit for cup games or as subs at the blowout home games. perhaps in the meaningless second leg of bayern tie

Braydz

mavelous said:
i don't understand why we don't play mugs like santos and arshavin more for reserves. that way we could at least have them fit for cup games or as subs at the blowout home games. perhaps in the meaningless second leg of bayern tie

Yep, Bayern will be completely out of the tie by then, throwing Arshavin and Santos on will more than suffice. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom