• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA: Brighton vs Arsenal - 26/01/13 |15:00 | Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

blrgooner

Established Member
Santos was surely the MOTM today.
I don`t think any single player affected the game as much as him. Brighton have to really thank him for making the game interesting.
Really hope this is his last game for arsenal. There was only one worse performance by an arsenal player this season IMO, and that was Santos against Man Utd.
What the hell is up with Per though? He was really good at the start of the season. In the last month or so, he has been pathetic

Airknight

Established Member
MaestroCesc said:
@Airknight your a piss take of a poster, if you can make a statement like that for a player who has barely played recently. (not saying he is or isnt good enough to replace or Sagna, just saying you cant make a statement like that for a guy who is understandably rusty)

We can say exactly the same for Santos mate, don't give me that garbage. He's not coming back from an injury like Rosicky for instance.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
A deserved (just) victory but a victory no less. The Boss gambled on his midfield selection but the real gamble was Santos-the sooner we see the back of him the better. He is an allround liability.

Our defending for Brighton's goals are typical (unfortunately) of how Arsène's recent teams give away soft goals from crosses and set pieces. It was abysmal to say the least. Thank God The Boss took off Santos at the end as I wouldn't have fancied our chances of holding out if he had been patrolling that left hand side. The 1st goal in particular was just diabolical.

However, thankfully (and I'm sure the "Olvier Giroud has finally arrived thread" will bursting at the seams) our handsome French bastard took two beautiful goals and our new hundred thousand pound man finished off a set piece goal of our own.

I thought Rosicky turned in an energetic performance that is a good sign for the remainder of the season. Diaby looked like a man that had been out for a few months but he still managed to provide a sublime pass for Giroud's 2nd goal. Ramsey still has to convince but did a job today and put himself about.

We won and our two main strikers scored and for that we must be pleased but the manner in which we conceded once again raises more questions about our fallibility at set pieces and defending in general.

A new left back must be purchased our brought through the system because if ,as many have already said, Gibbs is ever injured we are fecked!

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
MaestroCesc said:
juice man said:
Giroud and Poldi had good games. Santos was garbage, Mert needs to cut out the big mistakes, and Kos looks like he wants to piss his pants on the field.
Was i the only one who thought Koscienly was alright, made some good interceptions and was solid in the tackle. Today was further proof, that our defense isnt any more calm and collected with Mertesacker in it.

@Airknight your a piss take of a poster, if you can make a statement like that for a player who has barely played recently. (not saying he is or isnt good enough to replace or Sagna, just saying you cant make a statement like that for a guy who is understandably rusty)

No, you weren't. I thought he was excellent. Were it not for him, we could have easily lost. Him and Giroud were easily the best players on the pitch.

Invincible

Established Member
Thought it said it all when that fat Brazilian **** came off not a single Arsenal fan applauded him. Only a man like Wenger would tolerate him.

MaestroCesc

Airknight said:
MaestroCesc said:

We can say exactly the same for Santos mate, don't give me that garbage. He's not coming back from an injury like Rosicky for instance.
Laughable you compare him to Santos, Santos barely puts in a shift, is constantly caught out of position and doesnt understand when to clear the ball. The thing is he was like that when he had a run of games, so nothing has changed, so you cant really say its down to rustiness because it isnt.

Whereas Jenkinson was solid in his previous run of games but today looked a bit rusty and did well in parts, so you can say its down to having hardly played. So you cant say exactly the same for Santos who anyone has made a few sub appearances recently anyway

DiamondGooner

Established Member
Stillmatic said:
Unbelievably some people have voted Santos for Man of the Match. :lol: Check Arsenal.com.

I just did as well after seeing your post, I'm really hoping they realise that it's out of pure sarcasm. :lol:

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
DiamondGooner said:
Stillmatic said:
Unbelievably some people have voted Santos for Man of the Match. :lol: Check Arsenal.com.

I just did as well after seeing your post, I'm really hoping they realise that it's out of pure sarcasm. :lol:
Stop it guys or Arsène will think he's a fan favourite and won't sell him. Seriously though I've never been more embarrassed of an Arsenal player than this guy both physically and mentally and he's the definition of where our club is at and where it's headed.

DontPushMe

Szczesny - 5 - Poor game, had a nice save early on but he could have done better with the 2 goals.
Jenkinson - 5 - poor from him, his form from the beginning of the year is shot
Mert - 4 - Shocking from him
Kos - 6.5 - Maybe he just looked better because the rest of the defence was terrible
Santos - 0 - I hate him as a player. Really hope this was his last game. I prefer Coq or Vermaelen play LB than us ever seeing him on the pitch again.

Ramsey - 6 - Didnt really notice him much, no glaring errors
Diaby - 5 - Pretty poor game from him
Rosicky - 5 - Very rusty, Hope he can get back some of his form from last year because he was a big help last year

OX - 5 - Anonymous
Giroud - 8 Brilliant performance, one of if not his best yet. Need to see him perform against big teams the way he dominates the small clubs now
Podolski - 6 - Anonymous most of the game but not as bad as Chamberlain

Subs:
Theo - 7 - Nice goal, had to know hed get one
Wilshere - 6 - Limited time to build up a rating but he was active as always
Gibbs - 10 - Played well, and gets bonus points for getting Santos off the pitch. What a difference between the two.

Pies

Normally happy just to be thru in the cup, but the game just illustrates the weakness of this squad.

redanddread

Invincible said:
Thought it said it all when that fat Brazilian **** came off not a single Arsenal fan applauded him. Only a man like Wenger would tolerate him.

And what kind of man would that be?

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Szczesny- Was OK for the most part, wasn't entirely convinced with his goalkeeping on the first goal we conceded.
Jenkinson- Rusty, showed his natural desire but not a lot of quality on the ball.
Kosicelny- Probably our best defender yesterday, made a few good tackles and was composed on the ball.
Mertesacker- Not great, hasn't been for a while in all honesty. Needs to step up a level or two in the coming months, get his early season form back.
Santos- Poor. Gibbs made him look even worse. We should get rid of him in the summer, saying that, I think we will.

Ramsey- Kept it neat and tidy, was calm on the ball and distributed it quickly. One of our better players.
Diaby- Positive is he's getting minutes and coming out unscathed *touches wood*, negative is his form isn't nowhere near what we saw earlier before his injury setback. Great over the top through pass for our second goal though. A glimpse of what he can do.
Rosicky- Rusty, very rusty. Should have used him more when he was fit. He was wonderful against Olympiakos then we didn't play him. He's a good backup CAM, hopefully he can get his end of season form back.

Oxlade-Chamberlain- Didn't do much, when he did he tried too hard. Needs to focus and get his head in the right place. He'll sort it, he's talented and intelligent.
Podolski- Average performance by his standards. Still need to remember it's his first season, when he gets consistency he'll be a devastating weapon.
Giroud- Top class performance. Took his goals beautifully and had great link up play. Showed he can be the powerhouse we want him to be. Keep it up Olivier!

Subs:
Walcott- Did well, scored the winner eventually. Was a bit selfish and has been for a while, denied Giroud a hatty.
Wilshere- Was buzzing around when he came on. Didn't have sufficient time to influence the game majorly.
Gibbs- Brilliant in what he did when he came on. Made Santos look like a non-league player. Improving all the time going forward, needs to stay switched on defensively.

perspolis

This weekend keeps getting better and better! lol

First Spuds go out to Leeds (should've been 3-1 had the referee given it 3 more seconds!)

Chelsea are lucky to escape an early exit and earn a very unwanted replay against Brentford!

Then Liverpool go out to Oldham(?!) 3-2 loooool

redanddread

All the Premier League teams bar Reading have a favourable draw although Everton have to go to,conquerors of their cross town rivals, Oldham Athletic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom