• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup 3rd Round: Arsenal v Newcastle United | Saturday, January 9 | KO: 17:30 UTC | BBC One

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,720
  • Views 75,986

Who Will Go Through To Round 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
kinda surprised football is still being played tbh. Over a 1000 deaths a day in the UK, players testing positive left, right and centre. By any sensible measure football should probably be halted, but i guess there's either too much money riding on it or the government think we'd all lose our sh*t if we had to go through january without football.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

kinda surprised football is still being played tbh. Over a 1000 deaths a day in the UK, players testing positive left, right and centre. By any sensible measure football should probably be halted, but i guess there's either too much money riding on it or the government think we'd all lose our sh*t if we had to go through january without football.
Bojo wants to keep the morale up.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko

Technically sports should be continued as much as possible, if only to keep morale up and offer distraction. Especially in hard times, where football has already proven itself to be a positive influence through the last 100 years.

(Of course that was before the money and egos got really bad)

However, that requires a much stricter bubble to the point where players should opt in or out. Not that wishy washy thinking we have where players get away with a slap on the wrist.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

No chance Boris is going to tell his mates the oligarchs and sheikhs he’s stopping football and one of their revenue streams.

Been saying it a fair bit but in America they’ve basically made NFL teams play through outbreaks to get games completed on time.

Think the PL will start taking a page out of their book and just rush through the games even if it’s a glorified academy game.

REEVIE1995

I doubt Newcastle will field their strongest side so potentially a good time to rotate some players and still play an exciting and strong team

Leno
Soares Luiz Gabriel Tierney
Willock Partey
Pepe Nelson Martinelli
Nketiah

Wishful thinking on my part that it will be Nelson starting. Willian will probably take his place in the squad.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Delighted football is going on and long may it continue. I don't give a toss about the reasons but it keeps people sane so whoever keeps it going three bloody cheers from me.

Can't see us winning the cup this season but Newcastle doesn't look like the team which will knock us out. Obviously time to rest Saka and ESR and maybe play Auba and see if he wakes up. The likes of Mustafi and Cedric should play of course. One more chance maybe for Joe Willock and Eddie Nketiah, chances for the latter are beginning to run out.

2-0 to the Arsenal.

Balboa

Wait. You are surprised that the government made a policy decision that wasn't a competent one for saving lives during the pandemic?!

Just as a comparison, Mongolia shut their border to entry from China on January 27th. They've had a total of 2 deaths from covid.

The deaths we're experiencing were predictable, predicted and preventable...

bergholt

Just as a comparison, Mongolia shut their border to entry from China on January 27th. They've had a total of 2 deaths from covid.

Yes, but have you been to Mongolia? I have. It would be hard to find a less urbanised country - people hardly travel between towns there so it’s pretty easy to keep things contained.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Leno
AMN Luiz Gabriel Cedric
Elneny Willock
Pepe Willian Nelson
Eddie

That team would excite me for this fixture. In my opinion thats the only position Willian should be considered at atm.

Wagwaan

Leno
Cedric - Luiz - Gabriel - AMN
Partey - Willock
Pepe - Willian - Nelson
Aubameyang

Would like to see Azeez & Balogun given some minutes too.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
No chance Boris is going to tell his mates the oligarchs and sheikhs he’s stopping football and one of their revenue streams.

Been saying it a fair bit but in America they’ve basically made NFL teams play through outbreaks to get games completed on time.

Think the PL will start taking a page out of their book and just rush through the games even if it’s a glorified academy game.

Yeah apparently Aston Villa will play academy players in today's game cos of their outbreak. Then they'll inevitably be complaints about why some games were postponed and others weren't.

Balboa

Yes, but have you been to Mongolia? I have. It would be hard to find a less urbanised country - people hardly travel between towns there so it’s pretty easy to keep things contained.

Are you saying that the UK has had a competent response until now, when they should be cancelling PL football?!!! Is that the moment they lost their "sensible" strategy?

Mongolia I haven't been to and I acknowledge that the comparison is not entirely equal...

Germany vs UK?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Maybe more people got covid due to the combination of the new strain (people weren't so aware of it at the start), as well as it being the festive period (many people ignored the rules set out).

I feel like the football industry can adapt to this. Players need to be aware that extra responsibility should be taken, but maybe the fact that we have gone into lockdown will do that for them.

If I had to guess I would say that infection rates will slow down in the PL in the next few weeks, we just need to weather the storm while also bringing in more stringent testing / rules to prevent outbreaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary

Latest posts

Top Bottom