• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win FA Cup 3rd Round: Oxford 0 - 3 Arsenal | Monday 9th, January | KO: 20:00 | ITV

Status
Not open for further replies.
FmDXpBMWYAQ3ypY

Screenshot-20230105-114634.png

Just play the second strings. Hopefully the injury returnees can use this to get some minutes in their legs.

Screenshot-20230105-115610.png

4a1f9adb-276c-4d21-9fbe-404651543721.png

Prediction
Oxford 0-3 Arsenal

No repeat of the Nottingham Forest debacle

Arteta speaks

Last edited by a moderator:

Sparrahork

I can name 11 players who should not feature in any way shape or form in this game - I agree with the line up other than Eddie should not be risked (and esr only as a sub at best)

If the league is indeed our priority we should demonstrate this, fa cup should fall behind Europa imo

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Don't know much about Oxford, bar their most famous ever moment in their club's history.

Being the opponents that Dennis Bergkamp scored his 100th Arsenal goal against in 2003...

Just using my nostalgia powers in this thread, to pay tribute to the Arsenal career of the best number 10 to ever play in England...

Multiple league champion,
Multiple cup winner,
And far too many individual accolades to even try to name...

NINTCHDBPICT000554923234-e1579272085467.jpg

...our wonderful non flying Dutchman!

Sparrahork

Sure. But Arteta isnt a fan of our youth players.
Indeed he isn't, this is the perfect opportunity to blood a few of them. An important cup but not a priority given next two matches approaching. Hopefully having some feature gives them a sign there is a route into the first team for them and stops them doing an omari Hutchinson.

Such a shame khayon Edwards is injured as perfect opportunity for him up front if fit

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Fa cup is more serious than crapao cup and we the most successful club i want us make 11 changes but also i don't want us get out from 1st round again. So i dont expect full rotation we'll have 6 days rest before NLD.

Sparrahork

Fa cup is more serious than crapao cup and we the most successful club i want us make 11 changes but also i don't want us get out from 1st round again. So i dont expect full rotation we'll have 6 days rest before NLD.
I expect turner. Cedric, holding, Tomi, Tierney, el neny, sambi, and viera to start. If we rotate in academy players for remaining roles still a very strong team compared to what Oxford will put out.

If we do play either Saka, Nelli or Eddie then we risk potential injury and reducing our negotiating position in the mudryk / a.n other attacker saga that has a while yet to run.

I for one would consider benching marquinhos for this one, there are other younger candidates for that role who are similar level. If marquinhos gets injured it worsens our negotiations that little bit more as well.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Screenshot-20230105-114634.png

Just play the second strings. Hopefully the injury returnees can use this to get some minutes in their legs.

Screenshot-20230105-115610.png

4a1f9adb-276c-4d21-9fbe-404651543721.png

Prediction
Oxford 0-3 Arsenal

No repeat of the Nottingham Forest debacle
Don’t think Cedric will play, cup tying him would complicate a possible transfer.

Think it’ll be Tomi at RB and Gabriel at CB since the latter had the World Cup break.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Xhaka was talking about adding #Number15 to the cabinet in his post Newcastle interview, great mentality to have that.

And as @Pop Tart brilliantly pointed out, give us a chance to win the English Super Cup too!

Pop Tart

Established Member
Xhaka was talking about adding #Number15 to the cabinet in his post Newcastle interview, great mentality to have that.

And as @Pop Tart brilliantly pointed out, give us a chance to win the English Super Cup too!
This is why ronaldo is the GOAT goat for me , won the beautiful super cup here yet is a aforethought football history. Don't seem right to me..

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Could have Smith Rowe as a false 9 with Marqy and Vieira out wide, Ødegaard-Lokonga-Elneny in midfield.
any idea about nelson? if he's available then Ødegaard doesn't have to play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom