• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup 5th Round: Portsmouth v Arsenal | Monday, March 2 | KO: 19:45 GMT | BT Sport

Who will go through to the Quarter-Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I really dislike the way when Guendouzi shows for the ball and picks it up that there’s only one option ahead in midfield and two on each wing.

I get why we do it to create overloads but time and again it just means the ball goes back to Luiz and Sokratis to recycle again.

Slows our play to walking pace.

Tbf these lot are playing first time together I there may be some lack of sharpness from some of the players.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Yep. Goes to away games too.

Absolute state of Luke Shaw here.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Agree. Nelson's done well to make an impact with Sokratis being no help in attack - ironic given he scored off a Nelson assist.
The word assist is generous here, Sokratis made an average pass look much better than it was with a great finish.

If we win it with this goal I will be happy with Sokratis' performance.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Horrible half. Everything I hate about us.

There's a paralysis that descends on us. So clearly lacking anyone half creative in midfield. Ceballos is rubbish, he's supposed to be technical but can't take ball turn and release quickly against Portsmouth

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

There's a paralysis that descends on us. So clearly lacking anyone half creative in midfield. Ceballos is rubbish, he's supposed to be technical but can't take ball turn and release quickly against Portsmouth
Too many players afraid to take risks too many touches too many sideways passing

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Very stodgy half from us. Wasnt impressed but happy we are in the lead. Think Guendouzi and Ceballos been very guilty of moving the ball very slow. Same with the CBs. Sokratis was terrible on the ball but he had a great finish and a couple nice blocks. Mari has been OK defensively.

I liked some of Nelson's contributions and very happy he got the assist. Think hes been dangerous in the final 3rd but needs to demand the ball more. Nketiah and Martinelli not really in the game as much. Would like to see Willock link with them a lot more. Hes worked hard and had some nice plays but again releases too slow.

Nelson and Saka the better players so far.

It doesn't matter how much they demand the ball or how many runs they make. All I see is the two centre backs, right back and central midfielders just turn away and play a sideways or backwards pass.

Just need to watch the front 4 and how much they move. No body has the balls to play the pass, eventually they stand still, then they play the pass and our players get smashed from behind. It's not rocket science. Get the ball to Nelson in the final third and find Martinelli in the box.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

That’s why I can’t stand him. Actually it’s why I can’t stand most of our midfielders. Far too many touches on the ball.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
30% possession and 0 shots on target but Portsmouth deserve to be in front I'm hearing
And all of their chances came after stupid turnovers by our players, none of which were really that dangerous. I mean, we didn't play well but thought at the end there a Willock, Nelson and Ceballos made things happen and the goals was the result. Got to take into consideration that this is not the first team so it looks like it took them time to gel...

Reactions: A_G

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

It doesn't matter how much they demand the ball or how many runs they make. All I see is the two centre backs, right back and central midfielders just turn away and play a sideways or backwards pass.

Just need to watch the front 4 and how much they move. No body has the balls to play the pass, eventually they stand still, then they play the pass and our players get smashed from behind. It's not rocket science. Get the ball to Nelson in the final third and find Martinelli in the box.

It's a more extreme version of the issues we have with supplying Pepe with final third opportunities with the opponent stretched.

We just don't seem to be able to play any ball except around the peripheries almost all the time.

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

I wager we see a different performance when we come out at the half. I think we’ll turn it on and put atleast 2 past them.

Probably but the issue is if they'd taken a couple of those free header chances we'd be 2-0 down and struggling before we get going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady
Top Bottom