• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup| Arsenal vs. Middlesbrough| 15/2/15- KO:4:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
mQJ7ObdrAjJa41E6f80ub2g.jpg

We take on Karanka's side in a proper FA Cup tie. Middlesbrough have been impressive this season, chasing promotion into the PL and scoring lots of goals, playing good football. If we needed any warning not to take these guys lightly they gave us one by putting Man City out in their own backyard.

I expect us to get the job done, but we can afford absolutely no complacency whatsoever. Every Gooner is desperate to retain the cup, the players coming into the team should be aware of this and give 100%, if we do that, we'll win.

Team news;
Debuchy out- Shoulder
Ramsey out- Hamstring
Sanchez doubtful- Knee
Wilshere 50/50- Ankle
Arteta out- Ankle
Oxlade-Chamberlain out- Groin
Diaby out- Everything

I expect a few changes, Woj should be back in goal, Gibbo should replace Monreal and LB and Gabriel should make his what now seems a long-awaited debut. Will we catch a glimpse of Bielik? He was supposed to play for Arsenal U21's against Newcastle but didn't travel, Gnabry however did play and for that reason I don't think we're likely to see him. I think we'll see something like;

--------Szczesny
Bellerin-CC-Gabriel---Gibbs
---Flamini----Rosicky
Walcott--Özil---Welbeck
--------Giroud

Bench: Ospina, Monreal, Koscielny, Coquelin, Cazorla, Özil, Akpom.

If Chambers doesn't start CB I'm sure he'll start RB, it's probably a bit risky partnering him with someone completely new in a game of this importance but the pair have ability, and after all it is a Championship side at home.

Going for a 2-0 win, Walcott and Giroud with the goals, Özil with an assist and Rosicky with an assist. Big game, let's retain this cup, COYG!!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
oh feck it you swine. Ive just done one! Yours came first though, so mine has to be deleted. If I see on road this year, jus watch.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
The Jury said:
oh feck it you swine. Ive just done one! Yours came first though, so mine has to be deleted. If I see on road this year, jus watch.

:lol: :lol:

454f57d3-0a17-4294-9b40-6cb31472bc81_zpse6edf28c.jpg

^ Remember that badboy haha!!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
^^The chills, mate, the chills :lol:

Not what I'd do, but I think we'll see:

...........Ospina..........
Chambers..Per..Pauly..Gibbs
........Coq....Rozza........
Walcott.....Caz........Özil
...........Giroud............

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Expect something like this,

Pole; English, Brazilian, French, English; French, Spanish, German; English, English, French.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
It will be tough as Karanka is Maureen's disciple and will surely know how to line up with his bus, but I hope we absolutely batter them.

Boro used to be quite a bogey team in their final PL seasons. I still remember the first loss of season we had at their ground in December 2007 for 2007/08 season, when we lost 2-1 as Rosicky scored in injury time; while Ali had scored or won them a penalty. Then on return game at Emirates they frustrated us all day and we only managed a sore 1-1 draw.
Those were massive 5 points dropped, which on May 2008 proved too costly for PL title.

**** em.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
A potentially tricky fixture but one we can win with the correct approach.

My team to do the job:

Szczesny

Chambers - Per - Pauly - Gibbs

Le Coq - TR7

Theo - Özil - Danny boy

Giroud

Subs; Martinez, Monreal, Flamini, Akpom, Santi, Koz, Gnabry

3-1 to the good guys

COYG! This is our only real chance to win silverware again this season and we must jump all over it. It'd be a huge boost to the players, club & fans alike to retain the Cup.

BTW, The Ox's return date keeps drifting-was a couple weeks , a couple weeks ago now it's still 2 but maybe 3 weeks. That effing 2 weeks of Arsène that turns into 2 months! Hopefully he'll be back after the CL 1st leg.

Wondering whether he'll rest Le Coq and play Flamini instead. Hope not but that could be likely. It'd be Le Coq's 3rd game in a week.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
won't be an easy game Boro are 1st in the championship and having very good season. we are playing at emirates so we should take an advantage and win the game i expect Wenger put a strong line up here i really don't want Flamini to play but Wenger will play him and rest Coquelin.

i expect this line up

Scezcney

Chambers Paulista Kosh/Mertesacker Gibbs

Flamini Rosicky

Walcott Cazorla Özil

Welbeck

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
----------------Szczesny
Chambers-Mertesacker-Paulista-Gibbs
-------------Flamini-Rosicky
Walcott-----------Özil------Welbeck
------------------Akpom

Subs: Ospina, Koscielny, Coquelin, Wilshere, Cazorla, Giroud, Alexis

a_fourteen

Established Member
The Jury said:

Coq And Rozza are two words that should never be used in a sequence.
That Rozzers a real Coq. Gave me a ticket for nothing. He's a Coq Rozzer.
:lol:

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Karanka's a massive, massive ****. I'd place security between him and the 4th official.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
a_fourteen said:
The Jury said:

Coq And Rozza are two words that should never be used in a sequence.
That Rozzers a real Coq. Gave me a ticket for nothing. He's a Coq Rozzer.
:lol:

I think you're saying they should never play together... I have no clue what the rest means though. You been sniffing tipex thinners lad? :lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

jones said:
Karanka's a massive, massive ****. I'd place security between him and the 4th official.

Yeah absolute tool, everyone loves him in England but can't stand him myself.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I reckon we'll play a strong enough team, I'd say this Middlesborough team are the best team in the championship at the moment (ok I know some will be saying "well duh they're top" but that league is ridiculously unpredictable). Much better than Ipswich or Derby for me, I think they'd hold their own in the premier league next season if they made it. Tough defence and some good young talent in terms of their attacking potential. No messing about here, take it as seriously as any other premier league game against a "hard to beat" side.

blaze_of_glory

Sounds like no Alexis, at least from the start, but I think we should field a strong side anyway. This is our trophy to defend.

Wilshere and Ramsey sound like they are only a couple weeks away, so we should have more bodies in midfield coming back soon. That said, giving Santi a rest off the start of this might be prudent.

--------------Scz----------------
Chambers---Per--Gabriel-----Gibbs
--------------Coq---------------
------Rosicky--------Özil------
Walcott-------Giroud-------Welbeck

Subs: Cazorla, Akpom, Flamini, Ospina, Kos, Monreal, Alexis(if available).

GDeep™

League is very weak
Playing this lot brings great memories of Bergkamp, Henry and Vieira. We tortured Middlesbrough at times under Wenger.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Remember when they kept buying up Brazilians. At one point, they had arguably the best player in the world playing for them. They had Ravanelli... the dark skinned Brazilian hard nut midfielder bloke (cant remember his name. He was a nutter) Middlesbrough! :lol:

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
The Jury said:
Remember when they kept buying up Brazilians. At one point, they had arguably the best player in the world playing for them. They had Ravanelli... the dark skinned Brazilian hard nut midfielder bloke (cant remember his name. He was a nutter) Middlesbrough! :lol:

Juninho (Paulista) was never near the best in the world as good as he was. Their Brazilian DM was Emerson, was it him that went AWOL? I forget. I remember Raveneli said how much easier it was losing a PL defender than a Serie A one.

They still managed to get relegated with those players and they didn't show up for a match because of injuries and got docked points for it

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Remember when their strike duo was Joseph Desire Job and Massimo Maccarone? :lol:

They then replaced them with Afonso Alves, somehow getting even worse :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom