• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup Final: Arsenal vs Chelsea Saturday 1st August | KO: 17:30 BST | BBC 1

Who will win the biggest match since last year’s EL final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
From Premier League.com

The maximum number of English teams in UEFA competitions is seven.

(Please note UEFA reserves the right to change the conditions of the access list so these criteria can be subject to change.)

EinmalImmerEwig

ESPN.com laughable site, but I'm just quoting...

If the same happened but with Wolves finishing outside a European place, then the Premier League would have EIGHT teams in European competition. Wolves would be an additional team as a titleholder.

EinmalImmerEwig

There has also been some debate over what happens to Tottenham should Arsenal win the FA Cup and then Wolves win the Europa League, gaining themselves a spot in the Champions League, as England would then have eight teams in European competition - five in the Champions League and three in the Europa League.

However, it is understood that the place for the European titleholder does not affect places earned domestically in the Premier League.

So while Tottenham Hotspur would enter in the second qualifying stage, because of Arsenal winning the FA Cup, they would still have their spot in the competition as Wolves would be seen as an additional team as a titleholder.

https://www.football.london/tottenh...s/tottenham-europa-league-round-lose-18666988

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It doesn't matter whether we knock Sp**s out of Europe or not, it wouldn't even make it less important if we didn't get into Europe for winning this match...this game is important because there is a trophy on the line, that's it.

Don't reply to this with "Uhhhhh, it's not the Premier League or Champions League, uhhhhh"...obviously those are more sought after trophies, but that's no reason to take anything away from this one, this is a beautiful competition.

Arsenal have a massive history in this tournament, as we all know...and considering our numerous wins in it, there is a good chance this was the first trophy you ever saw your club win as a kid...think of how amazing that felt...remember that feeling, and as a great man once said...

"Be excited" ;)

Last edited:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
It doesn't matter whether we knock Sp**s out of Europe or not, it wouldn't even matter if we didn't get into Europe for winning this game...this game is important because there is a trophy on the line, that's it.

Don't reply to this with "Uhhhhh, it's not the Premier League or Champions League, uhhhhh"...obviously those are more sought after trophies, but that's no reason to take any thing away from this one, this is a beautiful competition.

Arsenal have a massive history in this tournament, as we all know...and considering our numerous wins in it, there is a good chance this was the first trophy you ever saw your club win as a kid...think of how amazing that felt...remember that feeling, and as a great man once said...

"Be excited" ;)

The FA cup is a wonderful trophy but unfortunately it is seen as something that goes along with something else.

An FA cup never propelled any team up the league or onto the next step. It wont change the outlook of players coming here or not.

It's a trophy but nobody comes to the PL to win the FA cup.

It's the sad reality.

nicky47

Established Member
Another massive game at the end of the season against Chelsea... Desperate to see Arteta holding that trophy, so fingers crossed! Gonna be tough.

Shall be thinking about this one all week, so hurry up Saturday!

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
"Owners of top clubs will temporarily be permitted by Uefa’s financial fair play rules to put more money into their clubs, to cover increased losses caused by football’s shutdown due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

Uefa announced a series of “emergency measures” to acknowledge that clubs competing in the Champions League and Europa League, who must comply with FFP “break-even” limits, cannot do so this season because of drastic losses caused by the shutdown.

The principles accept that clubs can make losses greater than the permitted €30m over a rolling three-year period, and that owners can cover those losses. Uefa stressed, however, that it was still committed to encouraging good financial management by clubs, and the measures were aimed only at “neutralising the adverse effects of the pandemic”: lost ticket income while matches are played behind closed doors, and the potentially major loss of some TV, commercial and sponsorship income."

For anyone who doesn't think making Europe is important for us this summer.

say yes

forum master baiter
I know it’s a financial hit and I probably should care about us potentially missing out, but there’s definitely a world where having no European competition works out well for us next season.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I know it’s a financial hit and I probably should care about us potentially missing out, but there’s definitely a world where having no European competition works out well for us next season.

Unfortunately that world could mean losing Auba. Its not just about playing in EL next season, its the knock on effect of not being in it that should concern us.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

I thought the same. Smaller squad of talented young players. 1 game a week. More coaching and developing and less distractions. Not playing in a crap competition that we are just making up the numbers in.

However having heard Arteta basically say if we have no Europe we can hardly sign anyone made me rethink.

Obviously he knows the consequences better than I do. I calculated it was a loss of around 25m between not winning the FA cup and winning it.

That doesnt seem much but possibly that's the difference between keeping Auba and signing Ceballos or losing both.

So kind of makes a difference.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
It doesn't matter whether we knock Sp**s out of Europe or not, it wouldn't even make it less important if we didn't get into Europe for winning this match...this game is important because there is a trophy on the line, that's it.

Don't reply to this with "Uhhhhh, it's not the Premier League or Champions League, uhhhhh"...obviously those are more sought after trophies, but that's no reason to take any thing away from this one, this is a beautiful competition.

"Be excited" ;)

I agree winning any cup is great, we have won the FA Cup the most so it is a special tournament to us and so it should be. However, this Sat is far more about qualifying for EL. Sure if it didn't give us qualification I would still want to win it but EL next season is far bigger than another FA Cup win. The knock on effect of not playing in EL would be huge, not just financially but in every possible way. We've had 3 seasons in EL and now have our lowest PL finish ever, that's not a coincidence, you step down in Europe, you step down everywhere. If we take another step down with no EL we would not only lose Auba, we would also lose our appeal.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I thought the same. Smaller squad of talented young players. 1 game a week. More coaching and developing and less distractions. Not playing in a crap competition that we are just making up the numbers in.

However having heard Arteta basically say if we have no Europe we can hardly sign anyone made me rethink.

Obviously he knows the consequences better than I do. I calculated it was a loss of around 25m between not winning the FA cup and winning it.

That doesnt seem much but possibly that's the difference between keeping Auba and signing Ceballos or losing both.

So kind of makes a difference.

Its not just 25m, teams in the two European competitions don't have to worry about FFP and can take losses of over 30M.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Its not just 25m, teams in the two European competitions don't have to worry about FFP and can take losses of over 30M.

Yeah I get that too. But we cant expect Kronke to do too much based on past experience.

It seems more and more that this final is make or break going forward at least to try and make inroads.

I'm still raging we messed up in the league. It's just has last year situation written all over it. Up against a strong team who doesnt need this to move forward. Who have already done most of their business to strengthen.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yeah I get that too. But we cant expect Kronke to do too much based on past experience.

It seems more and more that this final is make or break going forward at least to try and make inroads.

I'm still raging we messed up in the league. It's just has last year situation written all over it. Up against a strong team who doesnt need this to move forward. Who have already done most of their business to strengthen.

Yeah to make inroads this summer and not be 3 steps behind Chelsea and United we need to win this final.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
I disagree. Even if you only wanted to focus only on domestic position, you could play the U-23s in every EL game and come out 25mm richer with good experience for the kids to boot. No upside to missing Europe.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Not confident at all. The pressure is off Chelsea as they've already qualified for the CL - similar to last season in Baku.

We don't seem to have the big game players that you can rely on to dig out a performance and win us the cup. No Aaron Ramsey this time, no Alexis Sanchez. Got to hope Aubameyang is on form and the clown(s) at the back doesn't gift them a goal or get himself sent off.

They all have to turn up - can't afford any passengers on Saturday.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Last year's beating knocked the stuffing out of the Emery regime. Before that it was possible to see some progress in some areas. The manner of that defeat spilled over onto the new season and we never recovered.

Arteta has shown himself better able to control the squad and have more tactical flexibility. I am hoping he is going to be the difference for us this time round and clearly however well Chelsea may play they do not have Eden Hazard this year and he was the main culprit in us being run ragged.

I am predicting the team will turn up and we will do the biz. Everyone says winning a cup is only consolation and that may well be true when you win a cup every thirty years but when you do it regularly it shows you have a team which can win big games and winning can become a habit.

No win, no EL and the reduced number of games will probably be more than cancelled by the reduced transfer funds and the possibility some players may use this as an excuse to jump ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004

Latest posts

Top Bottom