• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup Quarter-Final: Sheffield United v Arsenal | Sunday June 28th | KO: 13:00 BST | BT Sport

Match prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Sheffield look absolutely awful since the restart no goal scored 6 goals conceded.
Going to be a great match to watch then...

I hope we keep some semblance of form going like @Mitch said. Think we should consider resting Saka, though. Got a brutal schedule in the PL.

Do hope we win the FA cup, would be a positive end to a terrible season, but Chelsea, United and City still in the mix so I doubt it.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Is the Portuguese Jenkinson available for this or what?
According to the official website:
Integrating back into full training following facial injury. Successful procedure has taken place further to nasal fracture sustained in training. Aiming to be available for selection after Sheffield United (a).

Probably be in the squad for Norwich on Wednesday

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Ridiculous red for Bergkamp...

...the replay at their ground was a battle aswell, think Cashley got the winning penalty that night.

roz

Fake News Merchant
According to the official website:
Integrating back into full training following facial injury. Successful procedure has taken place further to nasal fracture sustained in training. Aiming to be available for selection after Sheffield United (a).

Probably be in the squad for Norwich on Wednesday
Be nice to see him play this season

sdotzdot

Established Member
Most important game of the restart, if we want to rotate do so for the next PL game, this is our only saving grace of this horrendous season.

Elwood

We're still in it? Nice. Actually not nice, now I'm hopeful again :lol:
Edit: what stage is it anyway?

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Quarter finals, City Chelsea and ManU in the other three matches. Not very hopeful...

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I keep getting excited to watch Arsenal play a game of football and then I remember that Arsenal has literally no midfield to speak of and watching them play a game of football is like watching a blind man try to put on a condom with oven gloves.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I had no idea this was a quarter final. Win this and we’re at Wembley. Sheffield Utd have been awful since the restart so I fully expect them to be Harlem Globetrotters against us. That said, a similar performance to S’ton will see us win.

Go with the same team but with Guendouzi on the bench. We have something to look forward to.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Got a feeling we'll blow this but having said that unless there's a major surprise in one of the other ties and a lucky draw I don't give us any chance of progressing beyond the semi anyway.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think Auba needs to start. It can help get his confidence up. Maybe score a couple to get his engine roaring back to life. He hasn't scored in 4 games. This is the longest the longest he's gone without scoring for us.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

Sheffield United and Arsenal last met in the FA Cup in March 2005 in a fifth-round replay; after a goalless draw, the Gunners won 4-2 on penalties at Bramall Lane.

Arsenal have won just one of their past eight away matches against Sheffield United in all competitions (D4 L3), a 3-0 win in October 2007 in the League Cup.

Arsenal have gone on to win the FA Cup in three of the six seasons they have knocked out Sheffield United (1935-36, 2002-03 and 2004-05).

Sheffield United

Sheffield United last played in an FA Cup quarter-final in 2013-14 as a League One side, winning 2-0 against
Charlton Athletic to progress to that season's semi-final, where they lost 5-3 to Hull City.

Sheffield United's six FA Cup goals this season have been scored by different players (Robinson, Clarke, Besic, Norwood, McGoldrick, Sharp); they last had more scorers in a season back in 2013-14 (nine).

This is Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder's 35th match as a manager in the FA Cup proper but only his second against a Premier League side - the Blades lost 1-0 to Leicester City in the fifth round in 2017-18.

Arsenal

Arsenal have progressed from 13 of their past 15 FA Cup quarter-final matches, losing in this run in 2010-11 against
Manchester United and 2015-16 against Watford.

Eddie Nketiah has scored in all four of his domestic cup
appearances this season for Leeds United and Arsenal, netting four goals. In his career, Nketiah has scored six goals in eight domestic cup games (FA/League Cup), averaging a goal every 83 minutes.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...an elite kit, for elite players :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom