• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fábio

malagar

he is 1m85 - actually the best height for a keeper - not too big and clumsy - and he has no problems with crosses .

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Hildebrandt would be a great signing for Arsenal. I'm surprised Chelsea chose Cech when they could have got Hildebrandt.

Sammer

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
Hildebrandt would be a great signing for Arsenal. I'm surprised Chelsea chose Cech when they could have got Hildebrandt.

It might be that he didn´t want to join them :D

KingReyes

Established Member
Sammer said:
GoonerGurjit said:

It might be that he didn´t want to join them :D

Maybe. Hildenbrandt gets alot of raise so hopefully for his sake he can continue with his good form. With Sammer (not the one on the forum :D ) being installed as Stuttgarts new manager I doubt he will be looking to release him yet however only if the price is right. The thing is Arsenal would only offer serious money for him or any other GK if they really needed one which i doubt ATM. Howeve who knows with Wenger.

Sammer

Established Member
Here´s some news on Hildebrandt:

Stuttgart has openly acknowledged that they would probably have to sell him if they get a bid from a club where Hildebrandt wants to go.

His contract expires June 2005, and they all know that he will be on his way out by this time. So why not collect some transfer fee?

His estimated market value at the moment (I am suprised how low it is):

only 5 Million Euro (according to the Kicker Mag, which is quite reliable).

What a catch !

Adam

Established Member
Gimme, gimme, gimme.... Stack permitting, he can come here and learn off Lehmann and push him with a view to being permanent successor. For all the faith we have in Stack and Taylor - Hildebrandt is a cut above.

Sammer

Established Member
He would be the awesome long-term keeper we need, as Lehmann will most likely not be around for more than 2 seasons.

Just 5 Million Euro.....what a bargain !

M+D

Established Member
Fabio

With Jens Lehmann's Arsenal future a tenuous one, Arsène Wenger is rumoured to be considering a move for Cruzeiro goalkeeper Fabio.

The 27-year-old Brazilian has heard the reports linking him with a move to Arsenal and he admits a move to The Premier League holds great appeal.

Fabio, who is also a reported target for Benfica, is contracted to Cruzeiro until the end of December and may be available for the move north as early as January.

Fabio is quoted in the Daily Mirror: “I’ve a deal signed with Cruzeiro until the end of this year but after that I would like to move to Europe and if that happens in January then it is up to the clubs involved.

“I’ve heard of the interest from Wenger but it is too soon to think or talk about it too much.

“But I’m prepared to make the big jump to European football as that’s a great challenge for any player.”

Link

nazo

Established Member
Never heard of him. Anyone know anything about this kid (well not really a kid but meh)

nidza7

Established Member
I would rather prefer premier league expirienced keeper,but then again it carries financial overweight.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Cruzeiro goalkeeper Fabio, on the wrong end of one of the most bizarre goals of the year in a 4-0 defeat by Atletico Mineiro on Sunday, has now been sidelined by a knee injury.

Team doctor Otacilio da Matta told reporters that Fabio had suffered posterior cruciate ligament damage to his right knee and would be out for four to six months.

On Sunday, an extraordinary lapse of concentration by Fabio allowed Atletico Mineiro to score their fourth goal in the Belo Horizonte derby.

After conceding the third goal, Fabio was still looking for the ball in the net and had his back to play as Atletico scored again.

He apparently failed to notice as Cruzeiro kicked off with a different ball and passed it backwards.

The ball was intercepted by Atletico forward Vanderlei, who scored into an undefended goal.

A furious Fabio then picked two balls out of the net and remonstrated with the referee.

Da Matta said that Fabio sustained the injury as he tried to stop the second goal but carried on despite the pain.
http://uk.reuters.com/article/UK_WORLDF ... 7320070502

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kru3nGBBmJ4

Old news, but just shows that Lehmann has got nothing on this madman.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
I would never trust a brazilian goal keeper for some reason. I can imagine him clearing a corner with a bicycle kick.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom