• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FC Bayern München

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
They tried to get Roger Schmidt and you can guess what he did... 🤣

Amorim said he wont leave Sporting.
There a reason why all these manager rejecting them and I'm sure because they offer them short term contract there no way non elite managers reject club like Munich

HattoriHanzo

Today, media reports emerged that Bayern Munich is considering Burnley’s head coach, Vincent Kompany, as a potential replacement for Thomas Tuchel.

Journalists from Sport1 asked Bayern’s honorary president, Uli Hoeneß, about this, and received a rather epic response.

“Vincent Kompany? You journalists pull a new name out of your nose every other day. No, thank you, we are very happy with De Ligt and Dier", said Hoeneß.

Menard

Maybe I'm crazy but I could actually see Kompany doing well at Bayern. He ripped the Championship playing Pep-school possession ball, but obviously his Burnely team couldn't do that with them not actually having players capable of doing it in the Prem, so he was in this weird position where all the principles he instilled in the Championship weren't working anymore, but he also wasn't the right guy able to go full sufferball and grind out results. Different jobs require different skill sets, Dyche for example may well have been able to keep Burnley up this season but it goes without saying that he'd be a disaster at Bayern.

Thrice

Maybe I'm crazy but I could actually see Kompany doing well at Bayern. He ripped the Championship playing Pep-school possession ball, but obviously his Burnely team couldn't do that with them not actually having players capable of doing it in the Prem, so he was in this weird position where all the principles he instilled in the Championship weren't working anymore, but he also wasn't the right guy able to go full sufferball and grind out results. Different jobs require different skill sets, Dyche for example may well have been able to keep Burnley up this season but it goes without saying that he'd be a disaster at Bayern.
He was completely unable to adapt in the Premier League though. And unlike the other two promoted clubs they spent a lot of money last summer.
I have a hard time seeing him outcoach top managers in the Champions League.

Menard

He was completely unable to adapt in the Premier League though. And unlike the other two promoted clubs they spent a lot of money last summer.
I have a hard time seeing him outcoach top managers in the Champions League.

I mean yeah but being able to adapt a good Championship squad to the PL is a totally different skillset than what'd be required to win the Bundesliga with a stacked Bayern team. He wouldn't have to adapt anything, he'd just bring his brand of Pep-ball to an elite squad that's far better than 95% of the league. I agree he's still probably too green to make a serious go at the CL with them, but I don't think he'd be some sort of absolute disaster there either.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Wouldn't mind Kompany getting a shot at a top club, tbh.. Pep, Zidane, Gerrard and even Arteta had done nothing before getting a break on name/potential value...at least Vinny did well initially with Burnley and has a clear style, doubt Baldy or Zizou could have kept Burnley up anyway.

Plus he was one of the few managers to properly stand up for Vieira, after Palace unfairly sacked him.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He doesn't play anything like Pep. That's a lazy comparison that people make because he played under him. Pep's teams are always defensively sound before anything and even he would tell you that he considers himself in some ways a defensive manager. Kompany plays something closer to Angeball with no variation and no plan B and it's a shocking indictment that one of the best defenders of his era wasn't capable of doing something as basic as making his team hard to score against which would likely have been enough to keep them up.

You have to be adaptable at the top level, no matter who you are or who you manage. Even Pep set up defensively against us at the Emirates trying to get a result. Carlo does what's necessary against the given opponent and based on whom he has at his disposal. Arteta got closer this season because he was smart enough to not try to beat Pep at his own game but instead drag Pep into a place he doesn't want to be against a stubborn mid-block and low block.

The notion that a manager who has proven nothing at top flight level is just going to walk into a badly misfiring Bayern and be a success is a strange one. Bayern's problem wasn't scoring, it was conceding. Kompany is yet to show he can stop a team bleeding goals in the top flight and he doesn't exactly have the Bayern back lines we're accustomed to seeing at his disposal.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 3

Marco Silva is pushing the Fulham board to spend as Arsenal prepare to listen to offers for Emile Smith Rowe, among other fringe players [Evening Standard]

New Fenerbache manager Jose Mourinho is determined to stop Arsenal from signing LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Top Bottom