• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FC Köln vs Arsenal - 16:00 - Sunday 12/08/12 ESPN

Yaya

Established Member
Many of the first team players that didn't participate in the tour are expected to be included in the squad, these include RvP,Podolski,Giroud,Mertesacker and our new signing Santi! :bounce Some of the reserves/squad players could miss out on the trip. Last pre-season game before we face Sunderland on the 18th August.

Yaya

Established Member
Re: FC Köln vs Arsenal - 17:00 - Sunday 12/08/12 ESPN

Wouldn't be surprised if van Persie starts the game as a captain.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

Podolski already facing his old club, impressive.

He'll score, it's inevitable.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Podoslki - Van persie - Walcott
--------- Cazorla
------ Arteta ---- Diaby -----
Gibbs - Vermaelen - Kos -- Coq
---------- Szczesny

A bit more offensive lineup than usual

Floating

Established Member

jmsmtthw28 said:
--------- Cazorla
---------- Szczesny

Quality side, that.

Tranquil

jmsmtthw28 said:
--------- Cazorla
---------- Szczesny

Even with poor old Coq at RB that team still makes me wanna fapfapfap

Wrighty4eva

Established Member

Floating said:
jmsmtthw28 said:
--------- Cazorla
------ Arteta ---- Sahin -----
---------- Szczesny

Quality side, that.
Fixed. Now that is a quality side .

arsenallegends

Established Member

absolutely minging that midfield would get run over. I'll bet my avatar we'll never see that midfield and for good reason.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member

arsenallegends said:
absolutely minging that midfield]would get run over. I'll bet my avatar we'll never see that midfield and for good reason.
whats that supposed to mean ?

Airknight

Established Member

The Diaby show, once again.

Didn't Arsène said something about Poldi and Giroud's fitness?

arsenallegends

Established Member

Wrighty4eva said:
arsenallegends said:
absolutely minging that midfield]would get run over. I'll bet my avatar we'll never see that midfield and for good reason.

Excuse me, I was sloppy with my words. Its irrelevant though because the rest of what I said pretty much explains it. Nobody has really nothing to go by right now, everyone is making a fair few assumptions about the side, so reluctantly, I'll join in and just say that I cannot understand the logic of a Arteta-Sahin-Carzola heralded by some on AM. In fact all it tells me is a lack of appreciation for defensive solidity in general, and specifically Song.

kenkbc2

jmsmtthw28 said:
--------- Cazorla
---------- Szczesny

Well, since its a pre-season friendly, let's see how that line-up performs. Only thing is that since this will be the last pre-season match before Sunderland, Arsène may want to see the starting line-up to mirror the match against the Black Cats.

Airknight

Established Member

arsenallegends said:
Wrighty4eva said:
arsenallegends said:

Excuse me, I was sloppy with my words. Its irrelevant though because the rest of what I said pretty much explains it. Nobody has really nothing to go by right now, everyone is making a fair few assumptions about the side, so reluctantly, I'll join in and just say that I cannot understand the logic of a Arteta-Sahin-Carzola heralded by some on AM. In fact all it tells me is a lack of appreciation for defensive solidity in general, and specifically Song.

I agree with this, thinking Arteta can do MOST of the defensive work is kind of a wild shot.

Not sure of how well Sahin contributes defensively (if he arrives by the time)

Proof

Established Member

The men's basketball final is at the same hour, so I'll probably miss the whole match. I believe that this match was part of the Podolski deal. Hopefully we'll see Van Persie for at least 30 minutes.

Yaya

Established Member

arsenallegends said:
Haven't seen much of that last season, Arteta carried out the vast majority of the defensive responsibility in mf, not sure how Song is better defensively, he's worse tactically/positionally. Rather than take up some defensive responsibility in mf when Arteta went out through an injury, he completely abandoned it, and left Ramsey to carryout the defensive job. Song didn't make much of a positive contribution in defense.

kenkbc2

Arteta's overall defensive quality is very much underated.. I wouldn't mind giving the Arteta-Sahin/Diaby-Cazorla trio a workout at midfield just to see if they can hack it . We already know what Song is capable of in that position. No harm in trying out something new to see if its workable...

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

You guys are funny. Cazorla haven't even signed, let alone Sahin yet people are talking as if they are our players

arsenallegends

Established Member

Yaya said:
Haven't seen much of that last season, Arteta carried out the vast majority of the defensive responsibility in mf, not sure how Song is better defensively, he's worse tactically/positionally. Rather than take up some defensive responsibility in mf when Arteta went out through an injury, he completely abandoned it, and left Ramsey to carryout the defensive job. Song didn't make much of a positive contribution in defense.

That's a gross exaggeration, Arteta did not carry out the vast majority of the defensive responsibility last season. He chose to suit his game tp our midfield, which meant he would station himself deeper when Song would drive the ball forward. Off the ball he was also positionally adept when tracking back and would often intercept danger. This does not mean that Song isn't a CDM or that Arteta is one. If anything they both developed into tandem deep lying CMs. So replacing Song with Diaby/Sahin is a recipe for poo. I would rather Coquelin or Frimpong. Not that I can recall clearly, but he was usually partnered with Rodwell and Fellaini at EFC. That tells a bit about how one goes about reinforcing the rest of the midfield after Arteta

Ramsey wasn't doing **** offensively for us; its what made Song make assists and create chances for the team right from pre-season. Sadly, his offensive exploits, combined with Arteta's precautionary style have completely nulled any appreciation for his defensive work from last season, which was bloody excellent in some parts, but lukewarm in comparison to season's gone by.

kenkbc2 said:
Arteta's overall defensive quality is very much underated.. I wouldn't mind giving the Arteta-Sahin/Diaby-Cazorla trio a workout at midfield just to see if they can hack it .We already know what Song is capable of in that position. No harm in trying out something new to see if its workable...

Quite right. Doubt this idea will leave the training pitch and if it does I'd be very interested to see how Arteta responds.

arsenallegends

Established Member

Airknight said:
Not sure of how well Sahin contributes defensively (if he arrives by the time)

Not familiar with him myself but don't think he'd be better defender than Rosicky.

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom