• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FC Köln vs Arsenal - 16:00 - Sunday 12/08/12 ESPN

eye4goal

Established Member
Quicker than Walcott said:
AOC was great. I have no idea where his best position is because he seems to play them all well.

I love how he switches positions during the game, making Ramires like runs in behind (with Coquelin playing a more restricted role). He really is improving at such a fast rate and looks ready to start more games now.

Podolski was brilliant too I thought and did everything with purpose. He dropped deep and played the ball wide to Gibbs a couple of times until it eventually worked for his second goal.

titi perfection

Very enjoyable game. I know the opposition were not of the highest standard, but it has been a while since i seen us create so many chances, our performance was very fluid and the new players where all very impressive. We seem to have a nice balance to the team the players all complimenting each other resulting in some very intelligent link up play.

I love how Podolski and Cazorla like to make use of the pace we have on the flanks, and loving those inviting balls over the top that they both like to play. Giroud seems like a big handful very classy player nice touch and awareness, and the fact that he isnt scared to crack a shot is refreshing. Poldolski's vision and passing ability was a nice surprice i didnt realise he was so useful in that department.

The only downer now to the start of the new season is RVP IMO it is very foolish of him to walk away from the team now, we have not had a squad as strong as this in years, so many options all very classy intelligent players. This team with some discipline in defence can and will win trophies, he needs to realise that stay here prove he can captain this team to glory

US_Gooner

Established Member
titi perfection said:
The only downer now to the start of the new season is RVP IMO it is very foolish of him to walk away from the team now, we have not had a squad as strong as this in years, so many options all very classy intelligent players. This team with some discipline in defence can and will win trophies, he needs to realise that stay here prove he can captain this team to glory
If yesterday's first half performance is any indication of what this Saturday promises, if RvP doesn't sign now, it's proof that his statement was just so much posturing and he really is all about the money.

It's a shame that Cazorla will likely not play on Saturday though.

US_Gooner

Established Member
Glovegun said:
Surely United aren't offering him much more than we are?
telegraph.co.uk said:
With Manchester City appearing to accept defeat in the race for the Arsenal striker, and Juventus baulking at the player’s wage demands, United are moving quickly to conclude a deal.

Their willingness to match the £220,000 a week wages earned by Rooney has tipped the balance in their favour. The financial rewards will be staggering for the 29-year-old Dutchman at Old Trafford, and somewhat unprecedented given the stage of Van Persie’s career.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...van-Persie-wage-parity-with-Wayne-Rooney.html

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
redwhiteAustrian said:
Just looked at our starting line up from yesterday - it's unbelievable that within two years we've effectively bought players worth 50+ Mill (Podolski, Giroud, Merte, Ox, Cazorla).
Add Gervinho, Arteta, Santos, Park and Campbell to that list and the total is about 90m.

Tranquil

DiamondGooner said:
Tranquil said:
Since the Robin situation started to escalate we have had (so far) the best tranfer window I can remember for a long time. Possibly all down to Robins vocal attitude. Who is to say these signings wont sway Robins mind? Why boo him for trying to push the club closer to trouphies? Not one reason has been given as to how booing him could benefit Arsenal.
I've answered this many times now, RVP is not going to change his mind, he will not sign an extension because he/we let him run down his contract and now he is getting free agent esque money, I don't care how much you say it's not about money .... it is! Robin has had his grace period since the Cazorla signing to change his mind and the Utd deal is still pushing through hence how I know he has not been swayed otherwise AFC would be telling Fergie to fk off and RVP would be saying let's thrash out an extension, neither of these two things have happened.

And if RvP does indeed leave to go to another English club, we are all perfectly justified in booing him. But right now he is an Arsenal player. So booing him simply does not make sense. All booing him now does is make it more likely that a world class player will leave us.

spartandre217

Established Member
When one considers what we've gotten in return for our expenditure you have to hip your hat to the man/men in charge. We've built a competitive SQUAD for less than teams have paid for 2(!) Players

arsenallegends

Established Member
1macca1 said:
redwhiteAustrian said:
Just looked at our starting line up from yesterday - it's unbelievable that within two years we've effectively bought players worth 50+ Mill (Podolski, Giroud, Merte, Ox, Cazorla).
Add Gervinho, Arteta, Santos, Park and Campbell to that list and the total is about 90m.

Joel Campbell?

Thats interesting actually. Outflows since last summer amount to something near 79+million?
Cesc 35
Nasri 22
Clichy 7
Eboue 4
JET 1.5
Traore 1.2
Bendtner 5+
Chamakh Break Even+
Vela 3

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom