• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ferguson hails Brown talent

Evil Dragon

Sir Alex Ferguson has hailed Wes Brown as the best natural defender in England.

Brown will play in his first FA Cup final when Manchester United take on Millwall at the Millennium Stadium this weekend, reward for the courage and determination the 23-year-old has shown to battle back from two cruciate ligament operations and a broken ankle in his injury-blighted career.

The string of major fitness problems would have killed the spirit of many players, yet Brown has recovered well enough to make 16 consecutive United starts.

And, though Ferguson revealed his own conversation with Sven-Goran Eriksson had helped end the Mancunian's hopes of appearing at this summer's European Championships, he is confident that with a complete summer of rest behind him, Brown will return better than ever and justify the Scot's long-held faith in his ability.

"Wes is the best natural defender in the country," said Ferguson. "He is a fantastic boy, absolutely brilliant. He's faced the hardest challenges with so much spirit and determination.

"He has had a torrid time with injuries and since he has come back this time there have been little bursts of form, followed by periods when you can see he has been out for a while.

"He will be fine for the final but I think he needs a break now. Having the summer off will do him the world of good and next season he will come back even better."

:wink: Yeah and United are still the best team in England :wink:

Adam

Established Member
..........And Dwight Yorke is second only to Ronaldo at beating a man? Remember that one? :wink:

Natural could either be physique, or the defensive reading of the game. In both - he stinks. Heading is a part of reading the defensive game, and he doesn't have the upper body strength to hold off anyone in the air. He is solid along the ground, in the timing of the tackle, and in the composure of bringing the ball out and passing.

Adam

Established Member
Gazza Martinez said:
Timing of the tackle? I think you forgot that beauty against Fulham a a few months ago :lol: :wink:

Oh yes. He seems to save some beauts for against us. I'll give him credit because against Titi you have to be very, very effective along the ground.

patrick42uk

Established Member
i really do rate wes brown. i think he's a decent enough reader of the game, quick, and also good on the ball. if he hadnt had so many injuries, i'm certain he would be the one partnering sol not john terry. england are very gifted in that department.

VCC

If he's the best "natural" defender in England, he might want to work on practicing and developing that natural talent, because the likes of Sol and Terry have and they've left him wayyyyyyyyyyyy behind. :wink:

jc8gooner

"Wes is the best natural defender in the country,
Dwight Yorke is second only to Ronaldo at beating a man
Does anyone remember the "Kleberson won Brazil the World Cup" quote! What a joker.
Or what about Ranieri saying that Veron was "the best midfielder in the world" when he joined Chelski!

LOL veron :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: he was one of the worst players man utd ever got, i didnt like him.

Kleverson, i hadnt really saw much of him before he signed for man utd,,, yes he has had a bad season for man utd, but he hasnt hardly played so people cant really critasize him can they, djemba djemba has played quite well also when he plays.

I think there is going to be 1 or 2 reserve players coming up to the first team next season like Chris Eagles and Keiran Richardson.

sienna

Woodgate is the better defender compared to Wes Brown but quite injury prone. Fergusmoan is certainly hailing quite a lot of his players: Brown, Ronaldo.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom