• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fifa 2005 PS2

invisibleman18

Established Member
Anyone played it? what do you think?
I am a fifa fan and i think its awesome. thr first touch control is great and the tricks with right analog stick mean you can actually beat a player with skills where on previous games its hard to beat players one on one.
its also very realistic, as i found out this evening playing against my brother its impossible to win a free kick at old trafford and you aways give away penalties there.

a couple of faults, mainly being that its ridiculously hard to win a defensive header. defending corners is ok but most goals i concede come from crosses cos i just cant win the defensive header. also free kicks are given quite softly, often when a player hasnt even fallen down, and a big fault here is that advantage is never played. you could play an awesome through ball putting someone into space and ur player gets taken out after the pass and most of the time it will go back for the free kick instead of playing on.

overall, by far the best football game ive played. havent tried Pro Evo 4 yet, but i always prefer fifa. pro evo is great in its gameplay, but as a true football fan, the official licences and real players etc always does it for me.

Phillips

Ive got it and think its a great improvment on FIFA 2004...first touch is great if you can get the timing perfect.

i was impressed with the Arsenal Squad too as Cesc, Flamini, Hoyte, Senderos etc etc are all there.

also Stack, Bentley, Birchall & Eboue are in the game if you want to add them to your Arsenal squad, ive already added them to mine :wink:

invisibleman18

Established Member
i made a mistake. after playing some home games against my brother i realise its impossible to win a free kick against manure, not just at OT. even my brother said "whoever made this game is a man utd fan."

Lukazan

Established Member
Not got round to playing it yet, need to rent it.

I am not a fan of Fifa at all, especially since I was introduced to PES1 some years back, the PES series is much better.

seb_afc

Established Member
the thing i love about the fifa series is that everythign is real. i.e names of players, leagues ect..

Lukazan

Established Member
Yeah but it's getting better lads.

PES4 has fully licensed Dutch, Spanish and Italian teams aswell as some others!

PES3 hardly anyone was licensed!

They are getting better and I wouldn't be suprised to see fully licensed everything come PES5.

Thing is with Fifa, they throw in all these fancy features, the licenses and all the teams from lover divisions etc etc, but there is no substance. It's like a beautiful women with no personality, while PES on the other hand is an alright bird with a cracking personality! :D

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
This year's Fifa is much better then last year's. I was building my dream Arsenal squad and wanted to add Sergio Ramos but for some reason he's not in Sevilla's squad. :eek:

Has anyone won a penalty due to a foul by the goalkeeper?
corner kicks are still pretty poor imo.

seb_afc

Established Member
free kicks are imposible to score unless its deflected by the keeper! anyonw have any tips as to how i can take them successfully? yes ive won a penatly due to a foul by the keeper. the bad thing is, is that keepers cannot get booked or sent off.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Yes, hit the ball from the bottom left or bottom right depending on what side you are standing. Click first at the very end of the yellow area of the bar, then click again half way in the middle of the yellow area. I scored a free-kick with Michael Ricketts so it can't be that hard. :)

seb_afc

Established Member
ok. thanks. so where's the best place to place it. top corners? because i always hit the wall.

seb_afc

Established Member
i scored my first free kick that went directly in!!! and without the keeper touching it!!! hahaha. david beckham scored it. haha. thanks!

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale has agreed to join Newcastle this summer [Sky Sports News]

Latest posts

Top Bottom