• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FIFA Women's World Cup 2023

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Couldn't find a thread for the World Cup in Australia and New Zealand so thought I'd start one. @Mods, if one is already in place just move this post.

Watching USA play Vietnam. US up 1-0 after 15 minutes. Pretty good game to watch.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Vietnam's GK just saved a cheap penalty for the US. Well deserved! Their keeper is playing lights out! 🇻🇳 💯:thumbsup:

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Haiti did very well. Russo had some chances, but sadly haven't scored today.

England missing some important players and it was to seen in the first game.

Buhry

Established Member

I watched Norway's opening game. Horrific. I can't believe our striker (Ada Hegerberg) won the Ballon d'or 5 years ago, couldn't even do the basics right.

Might watch again if they make it past the group stage or when the tournament gets towards the semis.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
I watched Norway's opening game. Horrific. I can't believe our striker (Ada Hegerberg) won the Ballon d'or 5 years ago, couldn't even do the basics right.

Might watch again if they make it past the group stage or when the tournament gets towards the semis.
yeah feels like she incredibly dropped off her performance in the last years, no idea what happened.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Trying to watch Brazil game. Iplayer nope. ITV X on my TV nope. ITV X on my firestick … hallelujah!

What is happening to the world. How is the average UK viewer supposed to know the streaming component in the ITV X app does not work on most smart TVs? How will I know these things when the Mescal rots my brain away in the next few years?

Finding content is becoming ridiculously difficult.

NZgunner

This is the first significant amount of women's football that I've watched. I was deeply moved when NZ won the opening game of the tournament, it obviously meant so much to the players.

You obviously have to accept that you're watching a different sort of game and set expectations accordingly.

One revelation I've had though is that I think I know part of the reason why female players get six times more ACL injuries than their male counterparts. Many women don't have full control of the ball when running with it, they push it further ahead than a top male player would - and this leads to lunging collisions as the ball is contested with players at full stretch (this is how I ruptured my own ACL in my early 20s). I don't think anyone's actually done an ACL yet at the tournament, but the potential was there more than half a dozen times in each game I've watched.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

One revelation I've had though is that I think I know part of the reason why female players get six times more ACL injuries than their male counterparts.
Think it is mainly physiological differences between men and women. All from how the hipbones are constructed with regards to angles created, to women periods impacting the elasticity of ligaments. There clearly are certain biological reasons that make women's ACLs more susceptive to injury.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Think it is mainly physiological differences between men and women. All from how the hipbones are constructed with regards to angles created, to women periods impacting the elasticity of ligaments. There clearly are certain biological reasons that make women's ACLs more susceptive to injury.
Yeah the athletic did a piece on this. Relatively wider hips -> higher angle between centre of mass and the knee -> more torsion = more injuries. Although they did admit that the research was still in early stages but to a mech eng’er like myself it makes complete sense.

Sad really. Feel like the women’s sport need to set upper limits on playing time or something.

NZgunner

Physiology is obviously going to be the dominant factor - but if the games I've watched are typical, the greater number of out of control contact situations is setting them up for more serious injury as well.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Japan extremely impressive. Must be favorites for the world cup again

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I've got to say that the quality of the goalkeeping has improved a lot since the last WC.

I fancy England to do well this tournament now we've hit our stride. China are poor though.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Chinese coach and her deputy contemplating 30 years in a forced labour camp…

IMG_0878.png

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom