• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

First Exclusive shots of FIFA 09

Jameel46

Established Member
FIFA is vastly improving whereas Konami are being lazy and changing very little. played both FIFA 08 & PES 2008 and i have to say after a while you tend to love FIFA more.

nazo

Established Member
Jameel46 said:
FIFA is vastly improving whereas Konami are being lazy and changing very little. played both FIFA 08 & PES 2008 and i have to say after a while you tend to love FIFA more.

I agree with this. At first i was ok with pes08 then i tried fifa08 on pc and it was horrible. I tried other versions and they were much better. Overall fifa won this year and they're improving next year. Konami finally have some good competition and they might actually update the game :|

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
Konami are real wankers. They make money by deliberately devolving certain aspects of pes each year and improving others, and we keep coming back each year like suckers hoping that this time they get everything right, but it never happens. Unless they pull their finger out EA will whip them again this year.

regele

Established Member
LOL, that's exactly what EA Sports are doing with the PC version of Fifa, I hear the console version is better though.

Jinn

Established Member
The PC version has been running off the same ****ty PS2 engine for the last 4 years.

EA don't even develop it any more. The real game is on PS3 or 360.

go49oner

Established Member
Piracy is killing PC gaming, I doubt any major publishers will continue releasing games on PC, unless it's through steam or something similar.

I haven't bought FIFA game since FIFA '99 on me old PS1, that was when I discovered ISS on N64 and what was eventually to be PES. I loved every single one, apart from last/this years 'next-gen' version, it was awful.

N!

Can't wait for FIFA 09. I'm getting so bored of 08 now.

Has there been any info on what leagues are going to be added to it this year? I know a lot of people are crying out for the Russian League to be added.

AND i hope they actually add weather and time of day to Manager Mode games. It's no fun playing an epic Champions League match in bright sunshine.

entropy13

Established Member
There are options for preseason friendlies in FIFA 08 Manager Mode illmatik. You can arrange 4 friendlies.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
will this year be the year when be a pro is total? imagine online play where all player on the pitch is controlled by a unique player

Rocafella

Established Member
in theory that sounds great, but it just wouldn't work. people would be running all over the pitch aimlessley, just trying to mess the game up for everybody else.

Kilgallon

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=164190&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?ar ... 190&page=1</a>

Expanded 'Be a Pro' mode 8))

qs

Established Member
Will they be securing the right for the dutch players next year? Got to get the Ivory Coast in too.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Rocafella said:
in theory that sounds great, but it just wouldn't work. people would be running all over the pitch aimlessley, just trying to mess the game up for everybody else.

not if you keep the achievement system from the euro fifa 2008 when ytou get rewarded for your positional game and many other things of course. in offense you should be quite free thou

the higher ranking/achievements you have the more players would want to pick you for their team from a lobby, kinda like in school when you picked teams

yu could have differnt rankings for differnt positions, and of course the stats system for improving your player like in fifa euro

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
youcould get differnt icons or signs based on your stats and levels next to your avatar like great passer, crossere, finisher, tackler etc etc for people to pick a team with the qualities they want

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final
Top Bottom