• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football benefits from new stadium.

EJub

Sometimes I need to remind myself to enjoy the present excitement because I get distracted thinking about thinking of the future Arsenal as well.

From time to time announcers bring up that Highbury's field is one of the smallest in the Premiership. It was claimed that the aging back four benefitted from it.

Well now times have changed, and I think that the Gunners might be at their best when they can take advantage of the larger pitches for away games. A skilled team can run the opposition to death with passing and score those extra late game goals. That's the way it went with our last game v Leeds and Inter Milan.

So, could it be that Ashburton Grove will not only allow more of to see the games and bring more money to the club; it may also provide a better stage for a new generation of Arsenal players to showcase their talents and (unless I am taking this idea too far) score more goals.

Highbury
Pitch size = 101x65 meters
Liverpool
Pitch size = 101x79 meters
Man City
Pitch size = 107x71 meters
Man U
Pitch size = 106x69 meters
Chelsea
Pitch size = 103x68 meters
Leeds
Pitch size = 105x67 meters
Milan
Pitch size = 105x68 meters

JazzG

Established Member
Liverpools pitch is 14meters wider than ours? That means 7 meters on either side, that can't be right. That is a huge difference.

A wider pitch will make a bid difference, when teams sit back at Highbury finding space is so tough, even down the wings. An extra few meters could be the difference between finding space or running into a wall of players,

The Mini

Jazz, that's what makes our form so good everywhere, at Highbury the opposition cant make any real space out wide, where as we can because we use the stadium regularly (well over 20 times a season).

And when we're away we can make space from the smallest gap.

KoLo28

I think a bigger pitch will help us, with space the likes of henry, pires can create so much :)

JazzG

Established Member
They give you limits. So they set a minimum and maximum and it is upto the club to decide how big they want their pitch

Mark

Established Member
the larger pitch might take a while to get used to, it won't quite feel like home for a while, hopefully with the bigger crowd we will have more noise there.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom