• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager '15

• Thread starter Enoch
  • Start date
  • Replies 140
  • Views 20,371
E

Enoch

Football manager '15 is almost here, the release date is 7, November. Here is a video from Sports Interactive showing us the new features of the game.

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIPhF0_S0pQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIPhF0_S0pQ</a>

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I've never been a fan of manager games. I could probably get into one if I tried, but all the text, graphs and staring fodder have the pull of a rancid vagina.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

The AI seems waaaay too smart. Getting dominated using strong tactics from 14 with no clear reason why, feels very unrealistic at the moment. Except for the fact I have 9 injuries after just the Community Shield so... yeah...

I like the interface but atm its so hard it just not fun.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
SiMamu said:
Just started downloading, worst possible night for my final ever parents evening.

Parents evening?! :lol: :lol:

Just tell your teachers your mum/dad are at work, and tell your parents it's not compulsory they attend!

Worked for me, if my parents would've actually turned up I would've been screwed.

Jasard

The games a joke at the moment. Every game is entirely random, there seems little to no way of influencing the outcome. I hammered City 4-1 with 70% possesion in the first half. Game crashed after so had to redo it (with the exact same tactics as I saved right before). Was 3-0 down in 10 minutes. Just closed it. There are a LOT of high scoring games, lots of own goals and at this rate it will take half a season for the team to adjust to a tactic that the club was already using. I've noticed the team that kicks off seems to score early on for some reason. The AI seems to have 100% tactic familiarity very early and everyone seems generally more match fit for them.

That's enough Beta for me, pile of crap.

BobP

Memri Fan
Was a religious player of this game but it takes so much of your time to run, something I don't have anymore.

With new releases it simply takes a little while to understand the flow of the game before becoming accustomed to it, always hear screams of how hard new releases are before they end up subsiding.

Jasard

That's because they always patch it to sort out the problems. It's not just hard at the moment it's broken. I've seen screenshots as people drawing 10-10 with pretty standard tactics at a top club. I've put it on hold until release / first patch :p

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Yeah the match engine is a clusterfuck right now. I haven't had those insane results that some people had, but every goal feels like it's not in any way reflective of my tactics and/or instructions.

Actually started an Arsenal game and bought Ricardo Rodriguez from Wolfsburg. The man has 13 assists in 8 games from LB, most of the crosses scored from header by ****ing Sanchez :lol:

Iceman10

Established Member
This year's version could be a bit of a flop sales wise. From recollection the price tag is a bit high this year and doesn't justify a match engine which seems out of date now despite the little incremental tweaks made every year. Even though still at the demo stage these initial impressions you guys have of the match engine as an early preview won't help. Some want their updated teams and players/attributes but I think quite a few will be giving it a pass this year. Should be good in the long run, looks like they (Sega?) have become a bit complacent.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
The game is already in the top 10 best selling games on Steam, a week before its actual release.

I'm not sure where you get the inflated price tag thing from tbh, I bought it for £24 from <a class="postlink" href="http://www.greenmangaming.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.greenmangaming.com</a>, albeit with a 20% discount voucher. Still, £30 is hardly a high price tag for a game you can easily sink 100+ hours into.

It's a beta right now. They've already published several lists of things they're going to fix with a patch upon release, so I'm not really worried. Everything outside of the match engine has (for the most part) seen a decent upgrade, and player personalities play a much bigger role now.

Gone are the days of having someone like Balotelli in your squad with no consequences. Same goes for selling a player that is well liked by the team. I had the entire Arsenal dressing room (except for Campbell :lol: ) throw a fit because I was actively trying to sell Arteta and told him to look for a new club.

Iceman10

Established Member
Just checked, it is $49.99 on Steam here, I recollect previous years being closer to $30. Wouldn't be a show stopper for me but I remember some discussion forums noting this a few weeks back when I was trying to gauge some advance opinions so it's not just a case of me recollecting the price tag from last year's version (which I have) wrongly. Looks like it is different in the UK in terms of this year's price tag vs. last year's price tag.

Nevertheless, yes, there isn't much competition and it is a popular game, deservedly so, but the match engine it has to be said is well out of date and well in need of a shake up. For me, I'll probably give it a miss and buy an extra RPG.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
Dokaka said:
The game is already in the top 10 best selling games on Steam, a week before its actual release.

I'm not sure where you get the inflated price tag thing from tbh, I bought it for £24 from <a class="postlink" href="http://www.greenmangaming.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.greenmangaming.com</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, albeit with a 20% discount voucher. Still, £30 is hardly a high price tag for a game you can easily sink 100+ hours into.

It's a beta right now. They've already published several lists of things they're going to fix with a patch upon release, so I'm not really worried. Everything outside of the match engine has (for the most part) seen a decent upgrade, and player personalities play a much bigger role now.

Gone are the days of having someone like Balotelli in your squad with no consequences. Same goes for selling a player that is well liked by the team. I had the entire Arsenal dressing room (except for Campbell :lol: ) throw a fit because I was actively trying to sell Arteta and told him to look for a new club.
I tried to sell Podolski so Mert and Özil kicked off.

Jasard

Gone back to 14 for now. 15 was way to frustrating

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
do they still hate Arsenal? several of our players have way to low stats for me to even consider playing them tbh

how is Theo?

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom