• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager '16

• Thread starter Enoch
  • Start date
  • Replies 160
  • Views 29,678

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Is this game bullshit?? I bought the demo, was Arsenal vs Liverpool, all my players in form and good morale after team meetings and stuff. But I just can't beat them? I've tried over 10 times, different formations and tactics and **** but no matter what I concede at least 3 goals, its absolute ****.

CrypticSaint

'X drops lack of football concern'
CoolHandLuke_148Pyxurz.jpg

GabeGooner

Is this game bullshit?? I bought the demo, was Arsenal vs Liverpool, all my players in form and good morale after team meetings and stuff. But I just can't beat them? I've tried over 10 times, different formations and tactics and **** but no matter what I concede at least 3 goals, its absolute ****.
Sometimes something you say in the build-up swings things against you. Sometimes what you work on in training is the key to getting a result (you should be scouting the next opponent for tips).

Nyctophobia

Established Member
I recommend picking up Isaac Hayden if you can, he's my best player playing DM, doing a solid job for my Dynamo Dresden in the German first division, even scoring a couple crucial goals, rated as a leading player for most first division sides.

Other good players I've got:

Roberto Insigne AMC advanced playmaker
Marvin Stefaniak winger/inside forward
Leonardo Gatto complete forward
Felipe Avenatti target man.
Mario Pavelic fullback either side
and Adam Bogdan is a decent keeper for a lower/mid table side.

Last edited:

BobP

Memri Fan
Whatever you do, don't bother managing in Spain if you're not one of the big two, most futile exercise ever.

I'm Athletic Bilbao and am in my 3rd season in Spain, I've finished 3rd in each of my previous seasons and I've always been like "Right, I can move on and build on this great finish" and it has never happened. The big two are just too good, always so consistent and always have the beat of me in the big games.

Might be because of the all Basque policy.

em9999

My rainbows
Last time I played football manager I was blackpool I think it was in the prem, I loaned Denison from Arsenal and he got sent off five times in a row...

After that I thought nah cant be arsed, much prefer the old football manager

David Smith

Established Member
Having bought every fm game from 2008 until 2015 I decided not to pay for fm16, I'm low on money and as usual there's not an awful lot of new/better content. SI add or modify few features every game and it's become their cash cow, sucking people to pay up for every new version because it's new.
If someone can pm me a link to download the game for free, I'd appreciate it :)

em9999

My rainbows
There is a site, that updates all the old data of football manager games to modern day..

Don't ask me about the address cause I don't know... But I know of its existence

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
a00478f0c9.png

:D

Took over Arsenal at the end of the 18/19 season when Wenger retired after taking West Ham to the CL two seasons in a row. Ramsey became the heartbeat of my title winning Arsenal side as a roaming playmaker and now as a deep playmaker as his legs are starting to go.

E

Enoch

So I won the league with Arsenal and the season is finished, message in my inbox says Pep just took over Chelsea, my reaction....

hqdefault.jpg

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm on my bi-yearly break from FM. played the hell out of FM 15

Will pick FM 17 up this November probably.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

I'm on my bi-yearly break from FM. played the hell out of FM 15

Will pick FM 17 up this November probably.

Feels a bit rushed this year, still good and some decent features but meh.

I like draft-mode though, speaking of draft-mode, does anyone want to have a go?

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
I'm a complete newb. Way out of my depth in career mode.

Is it better to go for a lower league team or go right for a big team all Sherwood style?

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Feels a bit rushed this year, still good and some decent features but meh.

I like draft-mode though, speaking of draft-mode, does anyone want to have a go?
nice info :)....if they introduce lots of new things, i keep away until the next year.

I'm a complete newb. Way out of my depth in career mode.

Is it better to go for a lower league team or go right for a big team all Sherwood style?
Big.
yeah, look for:

1. a rich club
2. less first team players (about 20)

I used to play Fulham a lot...nice squad and good finances.

skip spence

Ah Football manager.

At moments of weakness, at maybe 5-7 year intervals, I pick up a copy and tend to get completely sucked into it, at the expense of the current missus, work, school etc.

Last time out was FM2014. Have a penchant for picking a leauge one team and making them world beaters. Wolves was my last project. Thing is, eventually you always win. AI managers are stupid.

There is a site, that updates all the old data of football manager games to modern day..

Don't ask me about the address cause I don't know... But I know of its existence
Does anyone know this site guys? I would be happy to jusst have the updated transfers/managers etc on my fm15 rather than buy the new game. I remember doing in on the editor once before but it took me about 5 hours all in!

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom