• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

For the Aussies...

KingReyes

Established Member
Sammer said:
What´s the status on Australia making it to the WC 2006 in Germany?

If you are referring to Automatic qualification from Oceania it was dropped by FIFA after initially being accepted. Looks like it will be a playoff against 5th place in the South American group or an Asian team most probably the former.

KingReyes

Established Member
Uruguay!!! I'm licking my lips just to see Forlan at the MCG or Stadium Australia. If thats where they play it.

Aussie

Established Member
Sammer said:
What´s the status on Australia making it to the WC 2006 in Germany?

First we have to qualify for oceania first. Shouldnt be too hard only have to beat New Zealand and sides like Fiji. Then we play the 5th ranked South American Team probably Venezuela or Peru.

We should be there in 2006.

michael_334

I agree, great news about world Cup on SBS!!

Its because of those South Americans we don’t have direct qualification!!
They lobbied to overturn that decision. When Australian soccer voted who to have in charge for oceiana. They promised that we (oceiana) would get direct qualification. They won by 2 votes. All the Australian voters voted for him!

Your right. The winners of the Oceania qualifying competition will have to play off over two legs against the fifth-place team from South America to win a place in the 2006 World Cup!!

Soler

Established Member
North America has 4 slots, why? It's a cake walk for Mexico every time - there's no one else that's actually good. They should have two, at best.

Andrew

Why oh why do Australia have to play a South American team in the final stage of qualifying. Why not a Asian team, North/Central American or even a European team? It's a joke really. Giving us automatic qualifying would be too easy but what the hell are teams like Saudi Arabia doing at the world cup? It's all about money... at least it's fair to say that the popularity of soccer in Asia will get stronger and stronger which could be a good thing for the world game. To be honest, I would love to see the 32 (or whatever number it is) best team in the world at the next world cup. Even if that means without Australia, I want more places given to Europe and South America so we can see teams like Holland and the Czech Republic instead of teams like Saudi Arabia.

BTW, I have fox sports so I'll see Euro 2004. :D But it's good to see SBS have all the rights for the world cup. Their coverage ****s on the crap that channel 9 produced. It will mean a lot of overtime for Martin Tyler... surely their will be a second commentator. I don't mind Simon Hill but Craig Foster pisses me off a bit because he really doesn't seem to know anything unless it's NSL. I still remember him criticising Toure after the first few games this season. :x

michael_334

Foster is bad. He really is.

I dont mind Less Murry. Hes OK.

Have you ever listened to the premier league show every sunday from 8pm till 9pm on 2KY.
They get a little confused some times.

Jinn

Established Member
Craig Foster loves Arsenal though doesn't he? He keeps talking about how good we are...

And Simon Hill is a Citeh fan.

Andrew

Jinn said:
Craig Foster loves Arsenal though doesn't he? He keeps talking about how good we are...

And Simon Hill is a Citeh fan.

Yeah, Foster does. Again today he said how he thought Kewell should have gone to Arsenal and not Liverpool. But sometimes he just doesn't make sense. He was saying when we were playing against Celta away that the bigger pitch doesn't suit us when I think a bigger pitch is better for us. I tend to like Foster when he talks about matches before and after but during matches I don't think he's a very good commentator.

And Simon Hill still doesn't seem to like Arsenal much. I don't know, that's just the way I see it. He certainly does like Bergkamp though, saying that he's the best foreigner ever to grace the premier league.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom