• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: Barnet vs Arsenal | 17/07/05

Spike

Established Member
An update to those unable to view the match.

Arsenal 1 - 0 Barnet

Hleb scored in the 1st minute. ;)

asajoseph

Established Member
I heard someone say that Philipe Christanval is playing for Arsenal today? Surely that's wrong...

lee1001

Established Member
Someone called Christanval is certainly playing in Central Defence.

Hoyte 4 nil

Hleb has played some lovelly balls over the top of defence today. Did so for Pires who cut it back for Hoyte to sidefoot into the net.

jay-d

Established Member
Hlebs passing and vision is impressing me no end. He's genuinley 2 footed and is playing delightful balls with both. He's on the right but drifts in alot which adds more weight for the right winger argument.

Spike

Established Member
asajoseph - I don't quite know the Arsenal lineup as I think I missed it when they displayed it.

Here's what I think is the lineup.

Howard
Lauren Hoyte Cygan xxxxxx
Hleb Flamini Pires Reyes
Bergkamp Henry

Plenty of youths in the subs.

asajoseph

Established Member
Interesting - Hleb on the right (thought that might be Wenger's thinking), but Pires in the middle? That's quite odd, really...

patrick42uk

Established Member
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/Art ... ?id=292267

barca paid 7 million a couple of years back for him. he was highly rated in france then. wenger doesnt really like spending on the defence but this guy does fit the wenger typical signing profile in that he had the potential but has stagnated.

i'm sure many would be against this, and i can understand why but i'm somewhat glad that wenger is considering adding bodies to the center of defence. i'm not convinced by senderos yet, nor do i have 100% faith is sol's ability to stay fit.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom