• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: Barnet vs Arsenal | 19/07/08

True Gooner

Established Member
Re: Barnet vs ARSENAL, Friendly, 19 Jul

RockyRocastle said:
I still dont know what it is Denilson does that makes peoeple rate him.

He was very, very good in his first season here, and that is taking into account that he was 18 and it was his first season in Europe. If your in doubt look at his performances against a full strenght Sp**s and Bolton side in the FA cup and CC cup. Last season was a disappointing one for Denilson because a) he was injured for a lot of the season b) he wasnt very good when he played but he still managed one stand out performance against Manchester City at home, right at the start of the season.

However, Denilson is not Fabregas' replacement or cover, he reminds me more of a Xabi Alonso with more mobility - great range of passing and good in the tackle.
Im fairly sure that Denilson will make it, the question is when, not if.

sabret00the

Established Member

Way too early to really judge anyone from this game but it's a positive start to the pre-season.

banduan

Established Member

sabret00the said:
Way too early to really judge anyone from this game but it's a positive start to the pre-season.

It's just a warm up really.

Amsterdam and Emirates Cups are gonna be the ones to really start judging players by.

hesham

Established Member

Saw a replay of the game.
Nacer Bazarite didn’t have the greatest match, but his game kind of reminds me of RP7, has good technique and eye for goal, he also looks like he's got that extra bit of awareness, makes intelligent runs and always seems free to receive a pass.
Still early days, but he definitely looks like he has got the talent to make it.

raidersoftheark

Established Member

hesham said:
Saw a replay of the game.
Nacer Bazarite didn’t have the greatest match, but his game kind of reminds me of RP7, has good technique and eye for goal, he also looks like he's got that extra bit of awareness, makes intelligent runs and always seems free to receive a pass.
Still early days, but he definitely looks like he has got the talent to make it.

You forgot the most important part - his long hair.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom