• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: Barnet vs Arsenal | 19/07/08

James

Established Member
Re: Barnet vs ARSENAL, Friendly, 19 Jul

patrick42uk said:
Almunia still cant set up a wall properly. Its the little things that cost you over a season.
Reminded me of Bale's free kick last season. Don't think he realises you should have one extra man the other side of the post to stop that happening.

Don Pacifico

Established Member

USgoonergirl said:
Asterix said:
Wenger interviewed now on ATV - "we can expect new faces, yes, we are in the market."
best thing ive heard all day :D

And it's plural, which means we'll be signing more than one player. Interesting.

Match was pretty poor to be honest although the second half was bizarrely better. The youngsters seemed to find it difficult holding any real shape together but I guess you can't expect too much from them. Rodgers and G.Hoyte looked a very shaky defensive partnership, perhaps a bit nervous but Nordtveit really impressed me. Good defensively, positioned himself well, didn't get caught out of position and very comfortable on the ball. Looking forward to seeing how he progresses.

Ramsey looked good on the ball. Calm, composed and an eye for a pass. Very positive signs in my opinion. Wilshere looked bright although still a rough diamond perhaps and Coquelin looked interesting. Fonte and Barazite were disapointing (as were Theo and Nick in the first half). Although Barazite looked comfortable on the ball, his passing was really sloppy.

Great to have Arsenal back again!

-Shaun-

This should be a Wilshere appreciation thread :lol: But yeah, the guy is class. He has impressed me whenever I have seen him but today he has showed it against a Football League opposition, nevertheless he was outstanding out there.

Ramsey was the best player of his half, brilliant passing range, long to short. He looked far more lively than anyone else on the pitch and I was hoping he might have stayed on for a bit longer. However, first impressions very good.

Coquelin was brilliant. Love his technique, just really stands out on the ball. Seems like a decent passer ;)

Overall a good days work IMO.

James

Established Member

Lukazan said:
What were the crowd chanting just then? Something about Adebayor, and to the tune of his famous song, but I don't think it was the same words..
I heard that, but didn't know at the time. Apparently it was "greedybayor greedybayor, we gave him 60 thousand, the f*ker wants more" :lol:

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

true gooner said:
Asterix said:
Wenger interviewed now on ATV - "we can expect new faces, yes, we are in the market."
****. this made my month.

Toulalan Arshavin Villa. :D

JGooner

Was there today. If Wilshere doesn't make it at Arsenal, I'll eat my sofa.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member

Wilshere is an incredible prospect. I can't believe we don't have a thread on for him in the players section. Without meant to go over the top; he's definitely the next big thing.

KY

Established Member

i hope wenger uses wilshere as cesc's understudy. definitely has the potential to match cesc or even bergkamp's abilities.

RockyRocastle

Established Member

arsenalfc0719 said:
Ramsey was decent, Denilson is miles ahead of him though.

I know it was the only the first game of the pre season, but based on what I saw I would say the opposite is true.

I still dont know what it is Denilson does that makes peoeple rate him.

Ramsey looks to have huge potential, as does Wilshere.

Shredder

After looking at the match pictures on arsenal.com, I have to say I'm really sceptical about the new-look shirts.

We look like Middlesbrough, for crying out loud!

RockyRocastle

Established Member

I think you mean Charlton.

Not a fan of the new shirt. Away one is quality though.

regele

Established Member

KY said:
i hope wenger uses wilshere as cesc's understudy. definitely has the potential to match cesc or even bergkamp's abilities.
You could tell all that from watching him for half a game? It's getting a bit ridiculous already, he had a good performance today, but at least hold your pants on and wait till we see him in a couple more games; which judging by what he did today, he should get.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member

Ian Grant's take on today's game:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=1012&cntnt01returnid=42" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/index.php?m ... eturnid=42</a>

patrick42uk

Established Member

Barazite will play prmiership games this year, even if in the last few minutes of games which is big progress for someone his age. I think he's ready. Physically and technically he looks the most ready.

KY

Established Member

regele said:
KY said:
You could tell all that from watching him for half a game? It's getting a bit ridiculous already, he had a good performance today, but at least hold your pants on and wait till we see him in a couple more games; which judging by what he did today, he should get.
oh come on. don't be a party pooper. Be a little optimistic! It's something thats very lacking among arsenal fans these days. :p

Lukazan

Established Member

RockyRocastle said:
arsenalfc0719 said:
Ramsey was decent, Denilson is miles ahead of him though.

I know it was the only the first game of the pre season, but based on what I saw I would say the opposite is true.

I still dont know what it is Denilson does that makes peoeple rate him.

Agree entirely. Ramsey today for me is what most people talk Denilson up to be. Denilson was awful.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom