• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: Gençlerbirliği vs Arsenal | 19/07/07

Nutsy

Established Member
Another Away Friendlies lads.

Apparently this game is going to be played in Austria. Wonder why it's played on a supposedly neutral ground?

I was pretty disappointed with the Barnet game to be honest. Not that I expected the bashing being done by our youngsters. but Fairly I was hoping to see Eduardo for the game. Instead of seeing him in the White "Commemorate Herbert Chapman" Kit, I see him in orange shirt and jeans :(

Is he going to be in this game? SOme how I doubt it, I think Arsène will let him make his debut until the Champions League Qualifiers. Or more to the Fulham Derby.

I Fancy a win from this really. Fabianski may start ahead of Manny, (Good God). And a fairly young squad imo. I don't think Gilberto will start right way, despite the fact that he was suspended for the Finals, but think he needs some little rest. Song may start in his place. Denilson is a tad injured, he may be well by this Thursdya, but I doubt he'll travel anyway. Maybe he will play in the next Friendly game versus Salzburg away.

Competition : Pre-season Friendly
Venue : Bad Waltersdorf, Austria
Thursday, July 19, 2007, 7pm (CET)
Live Coverage : Arsenal TV Online (Confirmed)

M+D

Established Member
Gilberto will miss the start of the season I thought AW said, as he will have to have a rest after Copa America and then start his pre-season after the rest putting him about a month behind everyone else...

This game is played in Austria because that's where our pre-season training camp is always held Nadz. I believe quite a few teams go there as well, including it seems this Turkish team which I am not going to try and spell....

I'd expect more or less the same team as in the Barnet game, as I think AW mentioned after the Barnet game that the internationals will all be back by the Salzburg game.

Nutsy

Established Member
Cheers. Before I was too busy to follow Pre-season games, so, I tend to miss on that detail.

Salzburg is on the 25th it confirms. Think the travelling squad'll stay there for the week?

drthorne1

It should be an interesting game, I am looking foward to see how the Tho - Robin partnership works and i am also going to give Song more change to impress ....

M+D

Established Member
If I remember rightly, they normally post the squad that is travelling to Austria beforehand, so I think either tomorrow or Wednesday we should know who's going out there, but I should think it'll be everyone in the main squad apart from Gilberto, and of course Reyes as well.

As for whether they stay in Salzburg or not, I have no idea, but I would presume it's somewhere between Bad Waltersdorf and Salzburg for practical reasons.

Btw, as ever, great match thread Nadz. 8)

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
50-0 to arsenal.

barazite 25, hoyte 24.

and Arsène with a perfectly offside goal..

Nutsy

Established Member
Tell me about it, it took me an hour to try to pronounce it.

Cheers M+D, I am after all the unofficial (but official) match thread starter. This is basically Friendlies, so, Formalities on how I design the Crests etc is not there really. Partly reason no.1, I'm clutching at straws doing my work nowadays. workload of paperworks that never seemed to end and secondly exhaustion. So I apologize, it's a bit crummy in my view, I'll design better ones for the upcoming Emirates cup albeit its still pre-season games.

Anyway, back on topic, Reyes is back in London is he? Is he back for Pre-season training? SInce there's no deal for him at Real and the fact that his loan expired over there, he should be back in London, but can anyone confirm that? Doubt he'll play though. it is *whinge* *whinge* 'Cold' Austria.

jay-d

Established Member
nidza7 said:
are we to see Bendtner playing soon?

He'll be back with the rest of the Europeans who had World Cup qualifiers. Same time as Eduardo I guess.

True Gooner

Established Member
I missed the matchday threads

I predict a 4 - 0 win to Arsenal. Expect pretty much the same line-up, maybe Eduardro to start instead of Ade. Maybe.
How are Genclerbirligi suppose to be as a team, apart from downright unpronouncable?

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
this turkish team is stronger than barnet. we didnt exactly perform well against barnet but well, that was the first game of the season.

now i expect the team to win by a reasonable scoreline. 3-0 will do

M+D

Established Member
Yep, they're defiitely stronger than Barnet, they came 7th in the Turkish Premier Division (don't know what it's actually called) last season, so they're not too bad I suppose.

MisterTalentScout

Yes they have a very good team with good work ethic . A few players to note down are as follows ;

Traore - A tough and quick centre back .

Nas Mehmet - One of the more accomplished members of the team with a good all round game who can play wide and centre of midfield.

Sandro - The creative spark in the team.

Promise - A pacey hard worker with a good goal scoring instinct.

KY

Established Member
they have a player named promise? how cool is that?
' genclerbirligi has promise'
:D

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten
Top Bottom