• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: Urawa Red Diamonds vs Arsenal | 26/07/13, 11:30

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Re: Arsenal vs Urwara Red Diamonds 26/07/13 11:30 AM GMT ESPN

Why everyone (except escape) calling the Japanese team Urwara?

Its Urawa mates

urawa-red-diamonds-logo.png

MaestroCesc

The Escaped Ape said:
Miyaichi looked better than in Nagoya, even if he didn't have the near miss and penalty goal he got there. Really pleased to hear Wenger say Ryo's got a slot in the team next season. No loan for him this year.

I am not convinced by that, I reckon he was just being polite. Cant see Ryo getting much game time even if Gervinho leaves unless we have alot of injuries, we have alot of wingers and Gnabry seems to be ahead of him plus Cazorla can also play there. I think a loan would be better, he needs regular football especially as he practically missed last season.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover

Chappers said:
yousif_arsenal said:
Didn't see Podolski do that because my stream was not good. why he was angry?

A Urwara player (Brasilian) gets a kick from Podolski on his arm but goes down clasping his face. Poldi was rightly peeved with that bit of playacting, especially in a friendly where there's 0% chance he'll get a red card anyway.

Same player Sagna was mad at in the first half. We clearly showed him after one of the fauls it was 3rd time he does it. I am glad Poldi showed him a bit

Anyway, nice run out. Heavy legs, but we still won against good team in shape.

I didnt like Ox as AM, as he was acting like 2nd striker, and gave no help to Jack, which is why it was more harder for Jackie to be better.
2nd half, Ox moved deeper and was more involved, and Rosicky did usual useful stuff as true Am, and of course, all around worker Ramsey.

Theo will be ready for season, I am sure, but right now he cant find ti. WHen he needs to pass, he shots, when he needs to shot, he passes, all the wrong decisions, but once again, I dont see it as a problem, it will come to him.

We miss Santi, to give us some flair, and make it easier for the team to play. But overall, I am satisfied with our Asia preseason

The Escaped Ape

MaestroCesc said:
The Escaped Ape said:
Miyaichi looked better than in Nagoya, even if he didn't have the near miss and penalty goal he got there. Really pleased to hear Wenger say Ryo's got a slot in the team next season. No loan for him this year.

I am not convinced by that, I reckon he was just being polite. Cant see Ryo getting much game time even if Gervinho leaves unless we have alot of injuries, we have alot of wingers and Gnabry seems to be ahead of him plus Cazorla can also play there. I think a loan would be better, he needs regular football especially as he practically missed last season.

Yeah, I need to see the exact quote again, but after I'd posted that, I saw something reporting rather more equivocal remarks from Wenger, basically along the lines of "he's got a place, unless I buy more midfielders" (implication from his remarks about Ryo needing playing time being that, in that case, he'd go out on loan again).

You've got to hope that Wenger does invest in the midfield with a purchase or two, so maybe essentially what Wenger's saying is that he'll make the decision at the end of the window (and, as you say, was perhaps too polite to say that about Ryo in Japan).

silent_shadow

Established Member
Re: FR: Urwara Red Diamonds vs Arsenal | 26/07/13, 11:30

blaze_of_glory said:
Is this what you were referring to?

Zncq5sY.gif

Yes, that's the one. Perfect. Hoping to use it in response to some Scouse tears in the coming week.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado

ArsenaLover said:
Chappers said:
yousif_arsenal said:
Didn't see Podolski do that because my stream was not good. why he was angry?

A Urwara player (Brasilian) gets a kick from Podolski on his arm but goes down clasping his face. Poldi was rightly peeved with that bit of playacting, especially in a friendly where there's 0% chance he'll get a red card anyway.

Same player Sagna was mad at in the first half. We clearly showed him after one of the fauls it was 3rd time he does it. I am glad Poldi showed him a bit

Anyway, nice run out. Heavy legs, but we still won against good team in shape.

I didnt like Ox as AM, as he was acting like 2nd striker, and gave no help to Jack, which is why it was more harder for Jackie to be better.
2nd half, Ox moved deeper and was more involved, and Rosicky did usual useful stuff as true Am, and of course, all around worker Ramsey.

Theo will be ready for season, I am sure, but right now he cant find ti. WHen he needs to pass, he shots, when he needs to shot, he passes, all the wrong decisions, but once again, I dont see it as a problem, it will come to him.

We miss Santi, to give us some flair, and make it easier for the team to play. But overall, I am satisfied with our Asia preseason

i was under the impression that he played highest when pressing, off the ball stuff. going forward it's simply flat/interchanging mid 3. at some points wilshere was the deepest, dropping for the ball. similarly, arteta making forward runs to open up space/pull markers away from central zone.

that being said, is there any combination/setup that allows us play 2 midgets in middle? (out of rosicky, wilshere, cazorla and ox). i think fit and settled diaby (!) would be the best bet, or perhaps ramsey if he had arteta's gray matter. otherwise, we're getting into anzacian discussion on pressing from front etc, to accomodate lack of positional discipline and muscle.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado

The Escaped Ape said:
Akpom was very lucky to benefit from such a bad mix up on Urawa's part, but took the goal well. A good tour for him - some cup appearances on the way I assume.

you make your own luck! can't believe he's only 17. good for his confidence too

SomGooner

Prolific Liker

Rain Dance said:
Why everyone (except escape) calling the Japanese team Urwara?

Its Urawa mates

urawa-red-diamonds-logo.png

Blame darkgunner who started the trend in the thread title. :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom