• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: Urawa Red Diamonds vs Arsenal | 26/07/13, 11:30

FinnGooner

Established Member
Re: Arsenal vs Urwara Red Diamonds 26/07/13 11:30 AM GMT ESPN

It's weird but before his injury I was under the impression that shooting was one of Ramsey's strengths but now it's been evident for quite some time that he just has no shooting technique at all!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

What wrong with Urwara manager its only friendly calm down.

arsmile

Established Member

victory!

nice little tour really

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

Good tour 4 wins, now Arsène Ivan we need some signing get suarez deal done!

Chappers

Urwara found pockets of space all too easily. You can see it's pre-season but there doesn't seem to be any real tactical work yet. 2-3 players press the goalie, one push up while the rest stay back. I hope we work hard on that from now on because it was painful watching Urwara easily bypass our midfield time and again.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Urwara need to calm down its a friendly for FFS, still it was a good work out and a good win.
Plenty to improve upon before the season starts but a pretty good tour

Double training session really takes a lot out of players physically so players looking tired is to be expected

fabo

6.51 / 10

Good workout, these games are as important as the easy 7-0 wins.

The lack of movement up front is a concern to me, and it's been a problem at various points last season. We're also short a player in midfield and defence.

baccy_man

Established Member

Our defence looked like it could do with a bit more time playing together they were a bit lost at times,
But we have had a pretty good tour and should definately get more fans in Asia.

Buhry

Established Member

First half had some decent moments, we should have been 2-3 goals up then.

2nd half was pretty dire though, even if we did score 2 goals. 2nd one was lucky and we got sort of dominated at times. Looked poor going forward as well but then again Podolski is better on the left and Ryo was pretty invisible so not suprised.

Koscielny is a tank though, those recovery tackles 8))

I hope we can pull off some signings soon, Suarez with his movement and unredictability would really pull up our attack a notch. Looking at our bench however I feel that we need minimum 2 players in addition to a striker, ideally 3.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

yousif_arsenal said:
What wrong with Urwara manager its only friendly calm down.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39f_vkViOpI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39f_vkViOpI</a>

outlaw_member

Established Member

I don't know what the deal is with Wenger. He's trimmed down the squad, and it seems like he wants certain players to cover several positions. Which makes us incredibly vulnerable to injuries, and it prevents us from resting players adequately. For example, it's likely that Sagna will be 4th choice cover for CB, which means that he'll have to play when our first choice defence is rested in a cup game. Add an injury to Sagna, and we'll be short of a RB and CB cover. He's done similar **** like this in the past, and I cannot comprehend why he'd want to risk again.

infineon

Established Member

Walcott looks like he is trying to adjust his timing which is fair enough. If you slot a ball in behind for him to run on to and give him time to bear down on goal then he is pretty lethal but he hasn't really shown the ability to take on shooting opportunities early when a keeper isn't set and create goals out of half chances. As a small guy, he really needs to add this to his toolbox before he can be deployed more regularly as a main forward.

The Escaped Ape

Going to two Arsenal matches in a week is a luxury for me, based in Japan. Glad to see the boys came out with two victories, much better than Utd with their one loss and one draw.

As expected, Urawa Reds were a bigger test than Nagoya Grampus. Their long standing relationship with Utd also showing in their rather dirty approach at times, in particular from forward Marcio Richardes. A fair bit of diving/play-acting and some niggling tackles. On the other hand, it was good to see us play a team that took the game that seriously - probably better preparation for the season!

Thoughts on the squad from this match?

Ramsey looked tired by the end of the match, but still playing an important role in midfield. I'm starting to expect things from him this season. Jack started off slowly, but grew into the game. Less reckless and keen to prove himself with his tackles than he was in Nagoya.

Miquel looked slow and out of his depth unfortunately. I'm not sure he's got it in him to be a full back. CB is perhaps where he's meant to be, but I can't see him getting much time there.

Great to see Koscielny back, and on form. A few really important last ditch tackles, timed to perfection.

Miyaichi looked better than in Nagoya, even if he didn't have the near miss and penalty goal he got there. Really pleased to hear Wenger say Ryo's got a slot in the team next season. No loan for him this year.

Akpom was very lucky to benefit from such a bad mix up on Urawa's part, but took the goal well. A good tour for him - some cup appearances on the way I assume.

Zelalem didn't stand out particularly, but was calm and efficient whenever he had the ball. Astounding that I'm so relaxed when he's got the ball, given he's only 16.

One final comment - Arsenal could have made even more money out of this tour with more merchandise on sale! There were phenomenal queues in Nagoya and at both matches, by the time I'd got to the stand, they'd sold out completely of all the collaboration (Arsenal plus Japanese team) merchandise (actually, I did manage to get a t-shirt in Nagoya). Lots of people wanting to buy that sort of thing as well.

blaze_of_glory

silent_shadow said:
Someone needs to gif that of Podolski

Is this what you were referring to?

Zncq5sY.gif

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

Didn't see Podolski do that cuz my stream was not good. why he was angry?

blaze_of_glory

yousif_arsenal said:
Didn't see Podolski do that because my stream was not good. why he was angry?

I didn't see it but I read that some guy was acting hurt and Poldi had a different opinion ;)

Chappers

yousif_arsenal said:

A Urwara player (Brasilian) gets a kick from Podolski on his arm but goes down clasping his face. Poldi was rightly peeved with that bit of playacting, especially in a friendly where there's 0% chance he'll get a red card anyway.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker

I'm gonna watch the repeat on ESPN HD @19:30. Yeees!!!

The Escaped Ape

Chappers said:
yousif_arsenal said:

A Urwara player (Brasilian) gets a kick from Podolski on his arm but goes down clasping his face. Poldi was rightly peeved with that bit of playacting, especially in a friendly where there's 0% chance he'll get a red card anyway.

Yup, that's the forward I was referring to. Got my number 10 and 19 mixed up.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom