• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: Vietnam vs Arsenal | 17/7/13, 13:10

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Re: Arsenal Vs Vietnam 13:10PM - Wed 17/07/2013 ESPN

Red card really and my stream stopped who played the through ball for Wilshere
Great game and youngsters again impressed

Stillmatic

Dokaka said:
Game should be stopped prematurely. Irresponsible to play in a thunderstorm, especially when it's just a friendly.

I agree.

DJ_Markstar said:
Not sure how friendly this friendly is. Red card? Just give him a yellow ffs.

Rules are rules init.

redanddread said:
The biggest surprise for me was that ESPN co-commentator Stewart Robson didn't really have a bad thing to say about Wenger or Arsenal.......very suspicious, somethings up here.

I was just about to say that, instead of hating he came across very fair and sounded gutted when our players picked up a suspected injury.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

Stillmatic said:
DJ_Markstar said:
Not sure how friendly this friendly is. Red card? Just give him a yellow ffs.

Rules are rules init.

They should have hired a maverick who plays by his own rules. Someone like Mike Dean.

Buhry

Established Member

These commentators on Arsenal.com's ''as live'' are horrible, good lord.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Good game and Giroud with some more well taken goals. 5 goals in 2 games so far will do him no harm confidence wise for the start of the season.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

What's the consensus on Akpom so far? I think he's been surprisingly good, although obviously he's against horrendous competition.

Certainly outshined Afobe's efforts last pre-season.

DanielVale

bingobob said:
Good game and Giroud with some more well taken goals. 5 goals in 2 games so far will do him no harm confidence wise for the start of the season.

Giroud will be fine - he's a trier...which is something we've not had for a long time...although he needs to sort out his spaghetti feet...he has a fantastic header on him though.

eye4goal

Established Member

I read on Twitter that 14 out Giroud's 17 goals last season were scored with his first touch. I can see him improving on his numbers this season regardless of who we sign. We'd also get more out of him if we had a classic wide player.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member

I thought Gnabry looked good as the first half went on, I obviously knew he is a very strong direct runner of the ball and has a good shot but he showed good vision at times including a peach of a pass he made to Lukas. Good movement for his age too.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

CurryFlavoured said:
I thought Gnabry looked good as the first half went on, I obviously knew he is a very strong direct runner of the ball and has a good shot but he showed good vision at times including a peach of a pass he made to Lukas. Good movement for his age too.

Agree today he played much better then the last game some good passes and movement he still young he need to keep improving and he will be a really good winger in the future.

TheCourier

Are we witnessing the birth of a new legend in arsenal this week. Zelalem is simply amazing with his speed of mind and passing. Two games straight where he cut teams to shreds with his passing. Gnabry is looking good too and Rambo will run for us all day. Pretty chuffed to see rosicky getting a full per season in

fabo

6.51 / 10

Zelalem is already better than Ramsey...........:lol:

He does look like one of few who might actually offer Arsenal something in the future, depending on him continuing to develop, avoiding injury.

Miyaichi on the other hand looked lost. Possibly unfit but we'll see.

ArsenalCRO

Another good game today, Zelalem impressed me again, he is going to be class if he can avoid injuries, vision and passing is already better then most and he will gain physicality with age

apart from him Sagna was once again very good as CB, so Wenger has a choice to make, what to do, keep him as RB and buy CB or vise versa?

Ramsey, Gnabry, Ox all good, Miyaichi i'l give another game or two but he seems to be few levels below everyone else, leg breaks have really messed him up

only thing im confused about was why did Szczesny take capitancy in 2nd half and not Per, was weird

Impact

Established Member

a_fourteen said:
How is Ox doing through the centre?

I was thinking about making a thread concerning Chamberlain's position. His future is in the middle for me. His appearances this pre-season has served to strengthen my opinion. I really would like to see Wenger give him the opportunity to play as a central midfielder. He seems to have it all to be a very strong box-to-box midfielder. The only problem with moving him permanently to the centre would be the lack of depth we have in the wide positions.

a_fourteen

Established Member

Impact said:
a_fourteen said:

I was thinking about making a thread concerning Chamberlain's position. His future is in the middle for me. His appearances this pre-season has served to strengthen my opinion. I really would like to see Wenger give him the opportunity to play as a central midfielder. He seems to have it all to be a very strong box-to-box midfielder. The only problem with moving him permanently to the centre would be the lack of depth we have in the wide positions.
Joel Campbell just got his visa approved. Could be Theo's understudy. With Ox being the new Rosicky.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan

a_fourteen said:
Impact said:
a_fourteen said:

Joel Campbell just got his visa approved. Could be Theo's understudy. With Ox being the new Rosicky.

Gnabry could also do a job out wide, as could Suarez if we signed him.

Impact

Established Member

I would consider Campbell and Gnabry non-entities at this point. They both seem like good prospects, but let's be serious, Wenger has shown little indication that they are real options and rightly so. Suarez plays for Liverpool FC - until that changes, he's irrelevant in this discussion.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan

Impact said:
I would consider Campbell and Gnabry non-entities at this point. They both seem like good prospects, but let's be serious, Wenger has shown little indication that they are real options and rightly so.

We are talking about options. The fact Gnabry is getting game time on tour and got game time last year would suggest that there is at least some indication.

Impact said:
Suarez plays for Liverpool FC - until that changes, he's irrelevant in this discussion.

I think that the fact that we have made a bid and are strongly linked to him makes it relevant. I never said he is an option, I said if we signed him he'd be an option.

Not to difficult to comprehend.

arshy9

Established Member

We should loan Campbell for a year and Gnarby in January. They are both good players but getting regular play time is vital.

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom