• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

France's Year ???

Double_H

Established Member
Monaco in the CL final
Marseille in the Uefa cup
and France is The strongest Team In the world ...(and 1st choice 2 win Euro 2004)

it will be Really Intresting if they win alll

asajoseph

Established Member
Strongest team in the world? That's a little far. I think Brazil are superior, and there are certainly a few others about who would give France more than a run for their money (Italy, Argentina, Spain, Czech Republic to name a few). I think that the attacking options of Brazil are simply too overwhelming for almost any defence in the world, even if defensively they are a little weak...

Double_H

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Strongest team in the world? That's a little far. I think Brazil are superior, and there are certainly a few others about who would give France more than a run for their money (Italy, Argentina, Spain, Czech Republic to name a few). I think that the attacking options of Brazil are simply too overwhelming for almost any defence in the world, even if defensively they are a little weak...

Ya at the Moment They Are .....
Brazil .... i dont think so ....Henry and Trez Much Better Than Ronaldo and Kaka

In the Mid .....Vierra ,Miklele ,Zidan and Pires

The Only pLACE I think brazil is stronger In roberto Carlos IMO
Italy ???!!!! Hahaha .....i dont know why u guys Think that they are a strong team ....Maybe some World Class Players yes (But not a Team)

spain is a Very Good Team i rate them Very High...But they dont reach France At all

i Think im gonna make A poll on this and see :lol:

Sammer

Established Member
asajoseph said:

No way. Nothing beats Titi & Trez with a back up of Zidane & Pires.

Aussie

Established Member
Yeah France at the moment is the worlds best team. ANy team with three Arsenal players in it is a quality side.

KingReyes

Established Member
Its definately been a good year for French football. The rise of Monaco, Marseille and Lyon has been exceptional. As for France they are the best in Europe and when they are fresh they can beat anybody including Brazil.

Soler

Established Member
I've been thinking lately, is the French League now Europe's 4th league? I mean, the German Bundesliga is going through a 'slump' that the Serie A went through (probably when it was most interesting - Fiorentina, Roma and Lazio all finishing above Milan and Inter!). This year, there were no Bundesliga clubs in either of the Champions League or UEFA Cup quarter finals, Stuttgart and Bayern Munich went out in the Knockout Round and if I recall correctly, Dortmund were the last German club in the UEFA Cup, knocked out in the third round I think.

France now has two of the four European Cup finalists in Olimpique Marseille and AS Monaco, and we all know how good they are on the national team - does anyone else think that they have replaced the Bundesliga as Europe's #4?

I think this is how you'd rank them:

Code:
La Liga
Premier League     Serie A
Ligue 1
Bundesliga   Portuguese Supa Liga
Eredivisie
Belgian League    Scottish Premier League

Okay, that was pointless. I'll go now ;)

brianfrance

Established Member
I agree Mad Jens with this ranking
But the french league just need to loose few players like Rothen Morientes Pauleta Drogba Luyindula, and came back before Bundesliga.
Other side, just need to do come back of few International Player like Zizou or Trez, and can do the battle with Serie A and Premierleague. This won't happen :cry:

Mark

Established Member
I'd like French football to do the treble. Marseille in the UEFA Cup, Monaco in the CL and the national side in Euro 2004. It would be a great year for French football. Best of luck to all of them.

patrick42uk

Established Member
fair play to the french. their league has been living with an inferiority complex in europe in the last couple of seasons. that probably played to their advantage this year with bigger teams like liverpool newcastle, chelsea and madrid underestimating them. i have a feeling though that it will be portugal's year. mourinho has something about him, like its almost impossible that he will lose a game which is ominous considering he is going to chelsea. i think also that being hosts as portugal are in 2004 can be the push a good team needs to win a tournament. i thought there was an element of that in france 1998 with france and also tunisia this year in the nations cup. so for me its porto and portugal, but good luck to the french.

brianfrance

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
fair play to the french. their league has been living with an inferiority complex in europe in the last couple of seasons. that probably played to their advantage this year with bigger teams like liverpool newcastle, chelsea and madrid underestimating them. i have a feeling though that it will be portugal's year. mourinho has something about him, like its almost impossible that he will lose a game which is ominous considering he is going to chelsea. i think also that being hosts as portugal are in 2004 can be the push a good team needs to win a tournament. i thought there was an element of that in france 1998 with france and also tunisia this year in the nations cup. so for me its porto and portugal, but good luck to the french.
interesting point of view. About your Portugal's feeling, I think they can do a great EURO, but they won't play at home the CL final, and I think Leverkusen stadium will be for Monaco.
French team are always underestimating, yeah. Only Porto didn't underestimate Lyon. One of the reason of the final now for Porto.
One thing I don't agree with you, Newcastle don't have a better team than Marseille. Liverpool and Inter have no doubt. By the way, Inter, before to play Marseille, played Sochaux, which is a little club. They didn't win one match ! 0-0 1-1 qualified by away goal only !

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
interesting point of view. About your Portugal's feeling, I think they can do a great EURO, but they won't play at home the CL final, and I think Leverkusen stadium will be for Monaco.
French team are always underestimating, yeah. Only Porto didn't underestimate Lyon. One of the reason of the final now for Porto.
One thing I don't agree with you, Newcastle don't have a better team than Marseille. Liverpool and Inter have no doubt. By the way, Inter, before to play Marseille, played Sochaux, which is a little club. They didn't win one match ! 0-0 1-1 qualified by away goal only !
No the stadium is Shalke 04's

Yeah France at the moment is the worlds best team. ANy team with three Arsenal players in it is a quality side.
LOL. So england were the joint best in the world during the world cup. They had Cole, Campbell, and Seaman.

for the strongest team in the world they sure did well at WC2002
True. But they were terribly unlucky during the world cup Kaids, what with Zidane and Pires being injured, Henry being sent off, and also the same player heading onto the crossbar vs Senegal, at which time the match was 0-0.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom