• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

skart14

Not at the moment...if we manage to win some cups this season i would imagine that freddy would stay for a couple more years...

Aussie

Established Member
Freddie hasnt said anything there that really says that he is thinking of going. I dont think we would get 20mil. However Freddie is a crucial part of our team and I wouldnt let him go.

There was a rumour of a swap Freddie for Figo :shock: Bit of an age difference

Sammer

Established Member
Same old rumor.

Real doesn´t need Freddie - they need:

-good defensive midfield players (stupid move selling Makelele)
-better defenders

lewdikris

Established Member
This came up before, and seems to have resurfaced for some reason - if (massive 'if') Real wanted Freddie, and it guaranteed us a open ride to Joaquin, who will be the best right sided player in the world, then i'd say yes. Otherwise, forget it.

Jasper

It would be a loss for Arsenal if we did lose Ljungberg.

Isn't Figo playing on the right? Why does Real need him?
Don't forget they have wonderboy Becks that can play on the right side also!

vin de guerre

This is really bad news, Real want to add Freddie to their cast of Galacticos. The plan is that as with Beckham, Freddie is a very lucrative marketing vehicle.
Real intend to start to sell their own line of Kalvin Klein underpants!!!!! (All white with a skid mark down the middle, where their defense should be!)

knoxy

I think Freddie is a great player but £20m? I'd say Arsenal would find that kind of price hard to turn down and have to say I would too!

Senght

vin de guerre said:
This is really bad news, Real want to add Freddie to their cast of Galacticos. The plan is that as with Beckham, Freddie is a very lucrative marketing vehicle.
Real intend to start to sell their own line of Kalvin Klein underpants!!!!! (All white with a skid mark down the middle, where their defense should be!)

LOL! Nice one vid!

Kyla

Freddie can't leave. It would be too unsettling for the rest of the players. We trying to build a sqaud here, not dismantle it. The way I see it, if two of our best players can flatly refuse Real's advances, then who the **** does Freddie think he is? He'll just be another pretty face keeping their bench warm. Fool!

vin de guerre

Kyla said:
Freddie can't leave. It would be too unsettling for the rest of the players. We trying to build a sqaud here, not dismantle it. The way I see it, if two of our best players can flatly refuse Real's advances, then who the f**k does Freddie think he is? He'll just be another pretty face keeping their bench warm. Fool!

Please lokk above to my previous post! Freddie is not being sold for his pretty face but his pretty TUSH!!!

Legend#1

Established Member
On Sky Sports news it has just said that Freddie said he isn't going to rule out any future plans and he's honoured that his name has been mentioned for Real

We NEED Freddie, he is the Unsung hero of the team, his work rate and asset to the team is immense

£20m is a lot of money but do we need to get rid of him? Ask yourself that, apart from injuries he's indispensible

A

Anonymous

two years ago i wouldnt sell him. this year he has been in indifferent form and 20 million starts to look good. freddie prob has past his best times at arsenal so at the moment i probably would sell him, if he wanted to go, but only as long as we had a good replacement already lined up. if we dont have a replacement ready then we will be really left short in the attacking midfield department. out of all our midfielders, freddie and bobby are the only attacking ones, wen bobby was injured against leeds, and edu played on the left we were no where near as dangerous down that flank as edu made only half the runs pires would make.
if however we could get a quality young winger, get 20 mill for freddie and have some left in the bank, i wouldnt be to disappointed. plus we can bring back pennant as well. i dont think freddie is that indispensible at the moment for the right price !!

Real doesn´t need Freddie - they need:

-good defensive midfield players (stupid move selling Makelele)
-better defenders
real have said they will never buy a top defender as they see it as a sign of weakness !!! so they wont be in the market for any defensive players !! its a shame cos we could give them gilberto !!!! :lol:

skart14

Don't know who to trust these days....
4_6_102.gif

Kyla

I get you Vin. Its pretty obvious b/c he's not the greatest of players and to even mention him in the same breath as some of the so-called "galactcios" is beyond a joke. the funny thing is, according to the quotes, I think freddie might actually be thinking that he is wanted for his ability and not his profitability. is he dumb, stupid and blind. 20mil is a lot but I don't agree with bending over and getting raped by moneybags like Real. We sell Freddie and then who's next.....it could be a snowballing effect. I don't think Freddie's the best but he's good enough here and plays fine whenever called upon. I can't really see us forking out 20 mill for joaquin with the transfer money anyway. the reyes deal was a one-off for this club methinks. no more spending lavish money outright on one player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom